“There is No Climate Emergency”

if we followed that guys advice we would be leading those countries into world leadership and Allah only knows what great stewards of the environment they will be having proven by way of firm example that they care more about military might than either their people or the environment

Yes, it will be good for a synthesized, mandate driven economy...............for a while. (Back to the allegory)

You, as a part of, or you, as a disciple of, the arm chair intellectuals seem to believe that the rank and file American is content to live in environmental squalor. And that notion makes you a clueless elitest. No matter how noble your notions you have absolutely no idea as to the consequences. You remind me of a scene from the movie "Crocodile Dundee" where he's at a party of New York socialites.

Ending the allegory. I sold my house (at a loss) and moved to a place where folks generally took care of their property with out having the government to tell them how.
Yes, I get that you enjoy ascription. Carbon is heating up the planet and humans are the driving factor. Either recognize that or don't. The US is doing something. Obviously against your poor judgement

Right. Well, he did his act, and every time he made something disappear, Vinny jumped on him. I mean, he nailed him! It was like, "it's in his pocket", or "he's palming it", you know? Or, "there's a mirror under the table." I mean, he was like, he was like, "wait a second, wait a second, it's joined in the middle, and there's a spring around it, it pops it open when it's inside the tube." It was like Alakazam's worst nightmare. Vinny was just being Vinny. He was just being the quintessential Gambini.

But without a climate emergency, those bodies would not have been found.

Yes. Climate emergency is how we found the Titanic.

What a ludicrous argument. Nobody was seriously looking for any bodies.

I bow to your expertise and degrees in climatology.
Which I don't have like all the people in the OP's post.

What I do have is wide general knowledge, a critical view of statements, lacking in Rightguide, and the ability to use the Internet to find facts from reputable sources, not crackpot ideas that Rightguide only quotes if they confirm his bias.

I am always willing to learn, to find out when I am wrong and admit that I was wrong.

Rightguide NEVER admits an error. He believes all he posts as if it is Holy Writ and we are blasphemers.

Last edited:
I believe statements from Woods Hole far above anything Rightguide posts:

https://www.whoi.edu/

https://www.mainepublic.org/environ...ng-comes-after-more-than-900-years-of-cooling

After using climate model simulations, the scientists found that recent warming follows at least 900 years of cooling, which appeared to be driven by volcanic forces.

Karl Kreutz, a professor at the University of Maine's Climate Change Institute, said that the warming is driven, at least in part, on greenhouse gas in the atmosphere.

"The only way that we can explain these observations in the Gulf is by this rapid increase in greenhouse gases, that have started since around the time of the Industrial Revolution, and of course have continued to today," he said.

Kreutz said the modeling suggests that the Gulf has warmed faster over the last 100 years than at any other century-long period in the last millennium.

"All of those trends suggest the Gulf is going to keep warming, at least at the rate that it is now," he said.

Kreutz said the rapid rise shows the need for urgent action to curb carbon emissions across the globe.

Last edited:
Reducing carbon emissions and reliance on finite resources while innovating new technology is absolutely leading. And we're doing that.

It will lead to more businesses coming here hiring more people and growing GDP, all while contributing to carbon reduction globally and setting an example for bad actors to shape up.
Yah, but the market has to dictate the pace not the government, spending taxpayers money while picking and choosing, creating a Solydra on steroids.

Yah, but the market has to dictate the pace not the government, spending taxpayers money while picking and choosing, creating a Solydra on steroids.
The market rarely dictates the pace of anything. They settle into the best money at the moment and get complacent.

The market rarely dictates the pace of anything. They settle into the best money at the moment and get complacent.
The inflated market price for oil and gas could force producers to look for other more cost-effective sources of energy.

For example, we are having a hydrogen plant being built locally. It is only financially possible because hydrogen production is an energy hog and will be run by a large solar farm.

The inflated market price for oil and gas could force producers to look for other more cost-effective sources of energy.

For example, we are having a hydrogen plant being built locally. It is only financially possible because hydrogen production is an energy hog and will be run by a large solar farm.
Yes, forces exaggerating the market do absolutely impact economic direction. That is why regulation and government action is important

Last edited:
Yes, forced exaggerating the market do absolutely impact economic direction. That is why regulation and government action is important
Dramatic changes in world market prices for raw materials or products can impact particular industries in months.

For example: In the 1910s the Cornish tin industry was the world leader. The discovery of much more easily extracted (and much cheaper) sources killed it stone dead.

Steel production in the US, peaking in the 1940s and 50s, became uneconomic when far east producers undercut the delivered prices - leading to the Rust Belt.

Industries currently relying on cheap oil will have to adapt or die.

I believe statements from Woods Hole far above anything Rightguide posts:

https://www.whoi.edu/

https://www.mainepublic.org/environ...ng-comes-after-more-than-900-years-of-cooling

After using climate model simulations, the scientists found that recent warming follows at least 900 years of cooling, which appeared to be driven by volcanic forces.

Karl Kreutz, a professor at the University of Maine's Climate Change Institute, said that the warming is driven, at least in part, on greenhouse gas in the atmosphere.

"The only way that we can explain these observations in the Gulf is by this rapid increase in greenhouse gases, that have started since around the time of the Industrial Revolution, and of course have continued to today," he said.

Kreutz said the modeling suggests that the Gulf has warmed faster over the last 100 years than at any other century-long period in the last millennium.

"All of those trends suggest the Gulf is going to keep warming, at least at the rate that it is now," he said.

Kreutz said the rapid rise shows the need for urgent action to curb carbon emissions across the globe.

Markets, innovation, profit and a demand based on needs and wants is the driving force behind any successful economy. Taking from Peter to pay Paul is not capitalism that’s wealth redistribution. By profit I don’t mean the government lining the pockets of corporatist and politicians alike.

Markets, innovation, profit and a demand based on needs and wants is the driving force behind any successful economy. Taking from Peter to pay Paul is not capitalism that’s wealth redistribution. By profit I don’t mean the government lining the pockets of corporatist and politicians alike.
I can totally see how independent energy for free would totally not be a driver for markets. Manufacturing loves to pay for high energy costs.

Demand.....right...

"Taking Peter to pay Paul..." - good parrot

Solar power for our local hydrogen plant is not 'free'. The capital costs are very expensive but once installed, the power supply cost will be far less than any other means and eventually very profitable. When the plant isn't operational but it is still daylight, surplus power can be sent to the UK's National Electricity grid and make a profit for the plant operators.

Solar power for our local hydrogen plant is not 'free'. The capital costs are very expensive but once installed, the power supply cost will be far less than any other means and eventually very profitable. When the plant isn't operational but it is still daylight, surplus power can be sent to the UK's National Electricity grid and make a profit for the plant operators.
The costs are relatively zero over time comparatively.

The costs are relatively zero over time comparatively.
Not wholly so. They can only get a licence for a solar farm for 15 years. After that, they have to reapply or remove, or probably upgrade and replace. Technology is evolving fast. Today's best could be obsolete and ineffective in a decade.

For example, we had an off-shore windfarm of 24 units built about 20 years ago. Five years later the generator heads were replaced producing 45% more output than the originals. They were replaced again last year and now produce 250% of the power of the original installation

Another eight large windmills were added two years ago. Those eight now produce more electricity than the original upgraded 24.

Not wholly so. They can only get a licence for a solar farm for 15 years. After that, they have to reapply or remove, or probably upgrade and replace. Technology is evolving fast. Today's best could be obsolete and ineffective in a decade.

For example, we had an off-shore windfarm of 24 units built about 20 years ago. Five years later the generator heads were replaced producing 45% more output than the originals. They were replaced again last year and now produce 250% of the power of the original installation

Another eight large windmills were added two years ago. Those eight now produce more electricity than the original upgraded 24.
Maintenance costs are the same for other energy sources. One does not pay for more sun to power solar farms or more wind to pay for wind farms or more geothermal residual heat to pay for geothermal plants. And you certainly don't need to search for more mining locations

Maintenance costs are the same for other energy sources. One does not pay for more sun to power solar farms or more wind to pay for wind farms or more geothermal residual heat to pay for geothermal plants. And you certainly don't need to search for more mining locations
Maintenance for solar farms is generally cheaper than for other forms of energy production. There are no moving parts - usually a pressure washer.

But repair/replacement has to be budgeted for.

Edited for PS. One of our local solar farms was slightly damaged by a herd of stampeding cows, frightened by a loose dog.

That’s why we need to stop subsidies to fossil fuel industries.

Back