🎵 Monthly Song Challenge 🎵

Day 26: A song that reminds you of winter

Holiday music is wintery even though I play more holiday music in the fall than the winter. Who's listening to Bing Crosby in the middle of January? Probably somebody but not me.

This remake is a great closer to the snow queen edition of Kylie Christmas. Even though it doesn't pop off until about ⅔ of the way in, I just love it. Idk whose idea it was to put this song on a Christmas album but it was a good idea.

Everybody's Free (To Feel Good) - Kylie Minogue

Day 25: a song that makes you think of good times.

I thought about going with something that reminded me of wild parties with friends, some of the songs we'd all sing along with when they came on. But ultimately, I've decided to go with a band that I've seen in concert a dozen times with big groups, small groups and took my kids to see. They never fail to put on a great show and you can tell they are having as much fun as the audience.
But I chose this song because it makes me think of my kids when they were babies. I have 3 kids. The youngest was born 3 yrs and 8 mos after the oldest. I had the middle of the night feeding. I'd go downstairs, warm the breastmilk, settle into the rocker next to the stereo and put on Cracked Rear View. All 3 of those little fuckers would put one hand on the bottle and grip one of my fingers with the other. It was our time. Not sure it gets better than that.

Day 26, a song that reminds you of winter.

I enjoy these guys and their concert when I saw them was truly enjoyable, it was even around christmas time when I saw them so found a live version of this cover to share.

Day 26: a song that reminds you of winter
I hope a poem spoken by a musician counts as a song. It's worth a listen if you've never heard it before.. a taste of the arctic
Johnny Cash - The cremation of Sam McGee
My grandad would read this to us when I was a kid. He worked on the pipeline up there in the 80's and would tell us stories of his time there.

Day 26: A song that reminds you of winter
I'm late to the party today, so a lot of my first choices have already been said. But here's a gem that fits the prompt.
"Fifteen Feet of Pure White Snow" - Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds

Day 27 - A song that reminds you of Spring

Maybe a little bit on-the-nose but it's the first song that popped up in my head...

Rammstein - Spring
("Jump")

Day 26 - A song that reminds you of winter
It never mentions winter, but the desolation makes it feel like a winter song.

"In my solitude you haunt me
With reveries of days gone by"

Back