🎵 Monthly Song Challenge 🎵

Day 25: a song that makes you think of good times.
An entire album played on repeat during the first road trip my ex husband and I took together. We drove through a thunderstorm and the stereo became louder with each lightning strike, an odd occurrence that started a discussion during an awkward pause in conversation. So here's the song that most reminds me of that day.
Feel Good Inc - Gorillaz

Day 25: A song that makes you think of good times
"Smash" may have been the first album with a parental advisory sticker I ever got. I just remember a group of us teenagers playing pool in my friend's basement, listening to this song, and all of us shouting "You stupid dumbshit Goddamn MOTHERFUCKER!" as loud as we could, then collapsing into hysterics... then sheepishly offering up a "Sorry, Mrs. R!" when his mom opened the basement door to yell at us. Then we put it on repeat and did it again.

"Bad Habit" - The Offspring

Hairspray came out about a month after high school graduation. I think it was the last movie my high school friend group went to together. We've all lost touch more or less but we always had a lot of good times singing showtunes as a group. Good memories.

You Can't Stop The Beat - Hairspray Cast

Dr Feelgood always makes me feel good and think about good times and starlight forward 4/4 rock n roll.

Dr Feelgood was from the English Pub Rock movement (Rockpile, Ducks Deluxe and Nick Lowe) which predated punk, but sought to get straight to the point and was a reaction against overproduced and bombastic mid 70s rock acts.

Wilko Johnson’s guitar makes me feel extra special good.

Dr Feelgood - She Does It Right

This record came out in the time when Napster was still a thing, and CD trading, bootlegging, and the like (and yes, 'tape traders' still exist, but it was the 90s/early 2000s). But, between a proximity to Columbus, where this band was attending and performing at Ohio State, and the proliferation of those techs meant we got our hands on this as it made its way across the Midwest. And lord did we eat up a college aged jam band like a bunch of dorks.

Back