10 questions

petrel said:

mmm maybe there's room on the GB for another thread about who would tempt you out of monogamy? here in RL or on TV/books etc

sorry Cymbidia we seem to have well and truly hijacked this thread - I'll go play elsewhere for a while

Petrel, you could tempt me INTO monogamy.

tempting one out of monogamy? Hmm...Julian Sands, Billy Bob Thornton, Angelina Jolie, Sherilyn Fenn or Salma Hayek. Preferably Billy Bob and Angelina, but now I'm just being greedy...:)

Sandia: Stay; you're among friends. Occasionally snarky friends, but friends nonetheless.

cym-b: as always, lady, you're a class act.

Greetings....

...and salutations, gang!

Sandia, looks like you've been posting up a storm while I was transitioning the past couple of weeks!

I think it's healthy when new people become "known" and carve out a spot in a place...any place....where the status quo is comfortable.

My answers:

Answers

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Who are you?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm a WASP male, Canadian, happily divorced. Friendly, well-adjusted, intelligent, fun.

2. What kind of BDSM background do you have?
Alpha male with a kind sensitive romantic streak...which makes me "DomLite", I suppose.

3. Have you participated in BDSM sexuality in a skin-to-skin environment with another person? When? How much? What's your overall experience level with it? Is it something you want more of or not?
Yes. Over the past ten years or so. As much as oportunity allows. Reasonably well-experienced, I think, as I'm welcome and/or fit in in a range of places, I think. Yes.

4. Were you any of our unregistered trolls. Be honest. Now is the time for that.
No. Lurking is for lurkers.

5. What's your online experience as far as memberships in forums/chat rooms devoted to BDSM?
Some. Was a Lit member years ago under I handle I've forgotten, and from 93-99 was quite active in many fun places online...I used to enjoy Bianca's an awful lot.

6. Are you registered at Lit under another nick?
See 5 above; otherwise, no.

7. What do you do for a living?
Businessperson and strategist, mostly marketing focused, mainly telecom/new economy in the past decade. Freelance writer, advertising creative/copywriter, lawyer, etc.

8. Got a particular ax to grind while you're here among us? What is it, if so , and why did you come here with it?
No. I enjoy virtual communities and would like to find a lifemate, perhaps here, perhaps elsewhere.

9. Do you think of yourself as an asshole sometimes? Why or why not?
Sure, I have chocolate starfish tendencies now and then. I'm a WASP Alpha Male, after all. That was me that cut you off in traffic then blew a kiss when you flipped me; that was me who interupted you to correct your mistaken facts at the cocktail party; that was me that spitballed you in Third Grade.

10. Do you think of yourself as a member of this community? Why or why not?
Sure. Caveat: I think there is a perception of heirarchy here, as in most groups, held by those who have been "here" longer, or think they have some special care or stewardship over the place because of their (perceived) contributions and friendships here...that stuff sometimes irks me because it feels like a high school Social Committee to me....so sometimes when I find the "Oh you''re so brave for sharing." "No, you are my best friend ever, big hugs." mushy, Oprah-esque self serving posts....er, self-serving.....I feel like I don't belong...because my sense of "this" is different, cooler, more academic, detached perhaps, than "that"....that being said, I feel like I "know" some people here, and there is one here who never posts I like quite a lot actually.

Cheers;
LC

Yup. Again, welcome, Sandia.

cymbidia said:
I know what he does for a living because Sandia and i had a long, frank, open, exceedingly necessary conversation on the phone today. He's a good guy.

Perhaps sometimes we all say and/or do and/or assume things about people and places and institutions that may or may not be true - but certainly aren't as we've worked them up to be in our minds. So it was with some of my assumptions about Sandia and some of his about this forum.

Sometimes we get do-overs in life.
I'm calling a do-over in...in...all of this between him and me.

I've always liked the energy and enthusiasm he brought here with him. I respect his courage in coming back to make this post.

Shall we all just move forward from there?
:rose:
b.

I'll play - 10 questionns

1. Who are you?

I am Mistress Ebonyfire, Goddess to tavish, Mistress to chrissy snow. I am a 52 year old, dreadlocked black woman located (for now) in CT- USA; soon to move to the UK.

I am Dominant, hear me roar!

3. Have you participated in BDSM sexuality in a skin-to-skin environment with another person?

I have two RL subs who serve Me: one 24/7 slave, and one part-time submissive. We have pressed the flesh. I had one sub in Washington state that I had to release when I moved east. I also have a few others who are in varous stages of interviews to serve Me.

4. Were you any of our unregistered trolls.

Goddesses do not troll.

5. What's your online experience as far as memberships in forums/chat rooms devoted to BDSM?

I do not go into chatrooms, so don't ask me. I am a member of several BDSM & FemDom lists. I am opinionated so I post when I feel like it. My slave handles my mail and screens it for Me. I am important <tongue is firmly planted in cheek>.

6. Are you registered at Lit under another nick? [B/]

Hell no, I can barely keep up with this one; I am a busy Domme.

I am a technical writer and instructor

8. Got a particular ax to grind while you're here among us? What is it, if so , and why did you come here with it?

I have plenty of asses to grind!

Goddess yes; asshole no.

Of course. I hold up my end as the "Big Black Bitch Domme".

Ebony
:p

Re: I'll play - 10 questionns

Unregistered said:
1. Who are you?

I am Mistress Ebonyfire, Goddess to tavish, Mistress to chrissy snow. I am a 52 year old, dreadlocked black woman located (for now) in CT- USA; soon to move to the UK.

I am Dominant, hear me roar!

3. Have you participated in BDSM sexuality in a skin-to-skin environment with another person?

I have two RL subs who serve Me: one 24/7 slave, and one part-time submissive. We have pressed the flesh. I had one sub in Washington state that I had to release when I moved east. I also have a few others who are in varous stages of interviews to serve Me.

4. Were you any of our unregistered trolls.

Goddesses do not troll.

I do not go into chatrooms, so don't ask me. I am a member of several BDSM & FemDom lists. I am opinionated so I post when I feel like it. My slave handles my mail and screens it for Me. I am important <tongue is firmly planted in cheek>.

6. Are you registered at Lit under another nick? [B/]

Hell no, I can barely keep up with this one; I am a busy Domme.

I am a technical writer and instructor

I have plenty of asses to grind!

Goddess yes; asshole no.

Of course. I hold up my end as the "Big Black Bitch Domme".

Ebony
:p

NOW I have trolled. It took me so long to fill this thing out, my screen name times out!

Ebony

since I'm still a newbie and occaisonal poster, I'll play too...

1. Who are you? Give us a little bio. (BTW, that's the sort of thing there's a lot of in the M thread, and in the Newbies thread too, places you've avoided in any meaningful manner, for some reason.)
I want you all to know that because of this thread I went and read the entire "M" thread - man that was daunting, lots of good background into the characters around here and the history of this board.

I am a 37 male who just finished four years of grad school and two master's degrees (so I'm in major debt). I am doing contract work as a policy analyst for several different nonprofit groups on social justice/economic development issues - while searching for full-time permenant work.

I have no BDSM background. I started reading stories here and stumbled onto this thread and became fascinated by the topic and people's expereinces. Jen and Dusty's on-going stories gave me a whole new perspective on a loving BDSM relationship. I am trying to learn more and how to incorporate it into my life. I don't really know how to articulate how I feel I have a dominant orientation and it would take too long, so I'll just leave it at that.

3. Have you participated in BDSM sexuality in a skin-to-skin environment with another person? When? How much? What's your overall experience level with it? Is it something you want more of or not?

I have no "real" expereince except for blindfolding and eating food off a former lover (we did it to each other). I find the spritual intensity of the experience and D/s relationship really interesting and want to explore this more deeply.

4. Were you any of our unregistered trolls?
No trolling - though I will take this time to way that I think there should be no "unregistered" feature, people are anonymous enough and this only encourages antagonism.

NO chat rooms on anything. This is my first posting activity (Lit) anywhere.

No

See above

NO axe to grind. I think we all can be assholes sometimes, thoughI think I am doing pretty well with this lately in real life. I view myself as an outsider at Lit. I don't have interenet at home so I really don't have the time to chat at night . But it has still been an interesting time here. Hopefully, I will get to know folks more over time....

Last edited:
errrrmmmm excuse me ...

I know I am very very new to this ... and Ebony's confession above raises a question in my mind:

If a Domme does something errrr not right (cos we all know they are never wrong ...) then who punishes them?
And how?

oh oh .... Robuck has just pointed out to me that Ebony knows exactly how to get to London now!
*gulp*

Re: errrrmmmm excuse me ...

WillowPuss said:
I know I am very very new to this ... and Ebony's confession above raises a question in my mind:

If a Domme does something errrr not right (cos we all know they are never wrong ...) then who punishes them?
And how?

oh oh .... Robuck has just pointed out to me that Ebony knows exactly how to get to London now!
*gulp*

Note to self, pay a visit to WillowPuss! LOL

Ebony

Re: Greetings....

Lancecastor said:
Alpha male with a kind sensitive romantic streak...which makes me "DomLite", I suppose.

DomLite?

hehehe, why do I doubt that?

Ebony

Re: since I'm still a newbie and occaisonal poster, I'll play too...

activesense said:
I want you all to know that because of this thread I went and read the entire "M" thread - man that was daunting, lots of good background into the characters around here and the history of this board.
<snip>
I view myself as an outsider at Lit. I don't have interenet at home so I really don't have the time to chat at night
While a read-through of the M thread is most assuredly not a requirement for insider staus or admission or acceptance or anything like that in this forum (hi Sandia! ;) ) it's interesting in and of itself as a kind of historical document, proof that every single one of us fucks up on occasion, and that this place came together as a warmly caring community of kinky folks from the first day we had anywhere to be so.

Welcome to this forum, activesense. You'll pay the school loans off soon enough and still have the education and open doors they represent. Be of good cheer.
:cool:

1. Who are you?

In My circle of the BDSM world I am called Mistress Marlene..I have worn this title for over 30 years. I am 52 years old, and have a 31 year old daughter and a son who is 37...arghhhh I hope that is wrong and he is only 27! I am a Canadian from Vancouver Island that is now living in Stockholm Sweden

2. What kind of BDSM background do you have? In other words, are you sub, switch, or dominant,

I am 100% Dominant, always have been and always will be. Skin to skin in a 24/7 relationship. I train submissives and Dom/mes into the 24/7 lifestyle for My joy not for profit

Skin to skin is how I live My life. Very experienced

4. Were you any of our unregistered trolls

I have timed out several times and been unregistered...I lurk more than I post but never been a troll

I have spent several years in the past in VP Excite Chat and used the program to meet other BDSMers. It is where I met My ex real time fem sub whom I still adore. I have never Dominated online but have occassionally advised in this forum. I am a big ICQ user and have met My present slave (1999) and My ex sub in ICQ and one of My subs in alt.com. I use chat programs to meet people not to Dominate them

No

I am retired from marketing and promoting shopping centers. I was lucky enough to retire at the age of 39 and now will plug away writing and hoping to make it a new career.

No axes to grind anywhere

Never thought of Myself as an asshole but definately can be self referred to as a Bitch.

Yes I do...I give and I take from the forum...I believe a mixture of both makes Me a member..hopefully in good standings if My dues are paid!

Hi, thought I'd better introduce myself and this is a very good way. ahem...

1. Who are you?

my name is tassie, i am 25 and i live in sunny england. well, not very sunny. i have my own little flat, a gorgeous pet dog called baggy who has the run of my yard all day, and i work in a bookshop to pay my bills.

2. What kind of BDSM background do you have? In other words, are you sub, switch, or dominant,

a sub biased switch. i can domme, i enjoy it infrequently, but i think my heart is with subbing. my master at the moment also likes a little switching. we are well suited i think.

a) yes, b) friday just gone was the most recent time! c) sometimes are a lot deeper than others. at the moment we're exploring mind fucks a lot more than physical restraints but im sure we'll get back to that. d)medium I think, more than none but lots more to learn. e) more? oh go on then. just put it on my tab...

4. Were you any of our unregistered trolls

if i want to irritate i'll do it under my own name.

went to chatropolis under the "reccomendation" of Cymbidia. laughed. left.

nope.

work in a bookshop. hate customers, love books. think i'd ideally be suited to life as a well paid hermit.

im afraid i dont adhere to any lower/upper case conventions at all. I'm a lazy typist, so nothing is meant by little or big "I"s, im also well aware of where apostrophes should go, im just appallingly bad at putting them in.

yes. thank god for the edit facility. but i hate the word ass. i prefer to be an arsehole please.

ive lurked for so long i feel i know everyone. got to give you all the chance to get to know me hopefully.

Gods!

I just *love* it - seriously - when long-time lurkers step out of the shadows and take a place in this community. It makes me feel we're doing something of real value in people's lives to wake up in the morning and find there's someone else who wants to be here among us, to contribute, ask questions, and provide insights.

Hello tassie. Welcome. I'm glad you've decided to give us the chance to get to know you as well you so obviously already know us.
:rose:
cym

Thank you Cymbidia, gracious as ever.

It's a funny feeling really, almost like being a stalker! I was upset when caroline had her accident, when you went through such a terrible time, I was so pleased when ebony FINALLY got to see tavish.

I think spectre's face is so kind, and his posts so humorous, dr blue cracks me up (makes me laugh english stylee!) cellis seems so sorted with the way things are in her life, i felt it was time to stop lurkin' and damn well join in!

so here I am. for better or worse.

I've been here for a little while now, but thought I should introduce myself a little better.....I really enjoy this community, warts and all.....:D

1. Who are you? Give us a little bio.
I'm dixicritter, 36years old. Happily married with 3 children

2. What kind of BDSM background do you have? In other words, are you sub, switch, or dominant
I consider myself submissive only with Husband as my Dom. A very good situation for both of us.

Am currently participating with hubby....always want more. I consider myself just past a novice now. We have only been in this stage of our relationship for a couple of months. However, we celebrate 14 years of marriage on the 22nd of July.

4. Were you any of our unregistered trolls? Be honest.
No, I lurk but don't care to stir up crap...if I have something to say I just say it.

Non-existant....this is the only online community I frequent.

No, I have enough trouble keeping up with my messengers and email id's and passwords.....One's enough for me. :D

I'm a horny housewife....also known as a stay at home mom.

No axes here....I love this place.

Nope not an asshole, I can be a bitch at times.....mostly just a lurker.

I do like to consider myself a member of this community. I have received lots of useful information here, and hope to continue learning from those with much more experience than I have.

LOL..

It just seems that way on paper, Tassie. My life's as big a mess as the next person's and then some....

tassie said:
Thank you Cymbidia, gracious as ever.

It's a funny feeling really, almost like being a stalker! I was upset when caroline had her accident, when you went through such a terrible time, I was so pleased when ebony FINALLY got to see tavish.

I think spectre's face is so kind, and his posts so humorous, dr blue cracks me up (makes me laugh english stylee!) cellis seems so sorted with the way things are in her life, i felt it was time to stop lurkin' and damn well join in!

so here I am. for better or worse.

Tassie, I am so glad that you have come out of the shadows and joined us fully.:)

Welcome

to new folks and de-lurkers alike, the more the merrier!

And anyone from the UK and Europe are especially welcome cause I am gonna need some friends when I move to the UK. Most of my US buddies are allergic to travel!

Ebony

Back