2024 Democratic National Convention Thread

america is complicit with mexican drug cartels because there are tunnels between mexico and u.s. border states 🙄

There are certainly individual Americans who are complicit with the corrupt Mexican government and the Mexican cartels, and everything in the United States’ government’s power should be done to end them.

Full stop.

👍

🇺🇸

The corrupt Egyptian government is complicit with Hamas, and vice versa. Everything in the United States’ government’s power should be done to end them.

Full stop.

👍

🇺🇸

I do not support any ceasefire agreement that cedes the Philidelphi corridor to Hamas (or any international security force sympathetic to Hamas).
I am genuinely confused by your statement above.

It's my understanding that the Philidelphi corridor between Egypt and Gaza is essentially a seven mile stretch of land that defines the common border between Gaza and Egypt. As such, shouldn't Israel have no claim whatsoever on what does or does not pass through this border?

I may be oversimplifying things or there might be something I'm missing here (I'm not looking to start a fight), but at a high level this appears to be nothing short of a "land grab" by Israel and an egregious violation of the Camp David Accords (the USA pays billions expressly to prevent such land grabs from EITHER side).

Put another way, Israel can control it's own common border with Gaza legally and institute a naval blockade against Gaza illegally. Inserting themselves between another sovereign nation (Egypt) and Gaza would appear to be an act of war.

I am genuinely confused by your statement above.

It's my understanding that the Philidelphi corridor between Egypt and Gaza is essentially a seven mile stretch of land that defines the common border between Gaza and Egypt. As such, shouldn't Israel have no claim whatsoever on what does or does not pass through this border?

I may be oversimplifying things or there might be something I'm missing here (I'm not looking to start a fight), but at a high level this appears to be nothing short of a "land grab" by Israel and an egregious violation of the Camp David Accords (the USA pays billions expressly to prevent such land grabs from EITHER side).

Put another way, Israel can control it's own common border with Gaza legally and institute a naval blockade against Gaza illegally. Inserting themselves between another sovereign nation (Egypt) and Gaza would appear to be an act of war.

My comment was more than clear.

In a world where Hamas (a terrorist organization) didn’t rule Gaza, and the Egyptian government wasn’t in league with Hamas (a terrorist organization), your point / concerns would be totally valid - but that is not the world we live in, so…

😑

There are certainly individual Americans who are complicit with the corrupt Mexican government and the Mexican cartels, and everything in the United States’ government’s power should be done to end them.

Full stop.

👍

🇺🇸

The corrupt Egyptian government is complicit with Hamas, and vice versa. Everything in the United States’ government’s power should be done to end them.

Full stop.

👍

🇺🇸
why isn't there "certain individuals" on the egypt side? you're not fooling anyone.

why isn't there "certain individuals" on the egypt side? you're not fooling anyone.

As was mentioned in another post: The border area between Egypt and Gaza is TINY. The ONLY way there could be a tunnel system in that location, is with the Egyptian government’s blessing / involvement.

Full stop.

🤬

Meanwhile: The U.S. Mexico border is 1,951 MILES LONG, and it is the busiest border in the world, which allows for totally plausible reasons why the situation can’t be fully / easily addressed.

There IS a difference.

😑

I was gratified to hear Kamala Harris reiterate her support for Israel in her acceptance speech tonight. First she confirmed her support for Ukraine. I murmured to my husband “now do Israel” and she did! She also specifically called out the horrors of October 7th!
If you believe that crock of shit, I have some ocean front property in South Dakota for sale.

did hulk go that route? 🤯 i guess saying your prayers and eating your vitamins was a lie 🤥
some really bad taste 'jokes' involving racism and indigenous 'Indian' tropes and Kamala's heritage... blamed the beers talking after he realised his audience wasn't lapping it up

LOL 😆

MAGA nut goes crazy and smashes TV with sledgehammer during Harris speech

https://www.the-express.com/news/politics/146720/maga-sledgehammer-harris-speech-reaction
The Nelk Boys, a Canadian-American prank YouTube group consisting of four twenty-something-year-old men with ties to Donald Trump, posted a video to their 4.2 million Instagram followers, writing: "Kamala Harris will never be my president."

although probably 'not intended' to promote violence, them seeing it as 'just a prank', their limited view of what's funny might be seen as promoting violence towards Kamala H.

The two acceptance speeches high level:

Harris - Joy, perseverance, American dream
45- grievance

How bout John Legend and Sheila E with Prince’s “Let’s Go Crazy?” And that guitarist was insane.

View attachment 2381640

I have to admit, I was a little worried about how John Legend would stand up to a Prince song, but my worries were unfounded, as he basically did a Broadway renditions of the song and let the badass guitarist and Sheila E. provide the real Prince vibe to the performance.

👍

Harris supports a two state solution and is a Zionist.

There is not statement you can cite that proves otherwise because she has not given one that does.
Saying Harris is a Zionist is like saying Biden is still 29 years old and smart.

Back