a companion to 30 in 30

2-1

penance for sins
real and imagined
acts of contrition
offered with downcast eyes
that hide sinful smiles

annaswirls said:
I am so glad you are able to write again, but can understand how life comes at you.... and I think in the long run it is a good thing, to have those breaks, those places of level ground make wonderful jumping points.

You absolutely still have the knack! Goodness. I hate to say this, because I really am sorry you were feeling bad, but it makes me feel better about my own self-doubts to know that you, you wonderful poet you, also have times of doubt, although from my perspective, it seems impossible! :)

Honey, "doubt" should be my middle name. :eek:

:rose:

champagne1982 said:
I want the poem, too! It would be a pretty good read.

Ms A. I can't imagine how silly it would be to get depressed about not being able to write poems when you didn't even have time to write your grocery list! Please, never say the well is dry until after the rain has a chance to soak into the ground.

I'm so happy to be able to read your poems. The one from the passion thread seriously stirred me, RF resonated my feelings so perfectly that I didn't feel I had anything to add. Your 30/30's are gorgeous. So, no despair, you will always have poetry even if it needs a bit of time to fill up the well.

P.S. Although they're gorgeous, I'm sure I could find something for you to edit... LOL. I remembered what you said about steady praise not offering you incentive to improve. I can't say these poems suck but maybe you should work on writing more. Quantity doesn't mean quality, but sometimes it begets a good one. :p

:heart:

Thank you Carrie .... :rose:

We all need a bit of uplifting at times
and these few words have made my week ~

:cathappy:

Angeline said:
3-5 I have nothing to to say
annaswirls said:
I understand why you tear paper. . .
Yeah, yeah, both of you.

Hard, ain't it? Doin' well, though, both. Slog it through.

Feel free to be bad, though you haven't been, yet. There is still time. ;)

I could give both of you tips about badness. Just sayin'. :rolleyes:

Tzara said:
Yeah, yeah, both of you.

I wrote the book on badness. My nanonipo book. How to be bad. Like this post. See how bad and boring I am? Take notes. This is bad.

:)

thanks for the nudge and nod and smile and wink, Tzara. it is good of you to be here.

Tzara said:
Yeah, yeah, both of you.

Please expect more of the same mediocrity tonight--I have my 12-hour split shift today. But thank you for the encouragement, dear Carly. I don't think that song is about you at all.

Angeline said:
One frozen red berry
is the smallest drop of blood
on the pale cheek of morning.​
Rose Red, rose, red
upon that snow white linen lie
ye down upon this bed
to wait for night's shadow. Fly
into dream lit sunshine
find there yon handsome one
play out this tragic pantomime
let mourning tears dry in the sun
and blush those palid cheeks
on which those feathered lashes rest
'til winter's sunshine seeks
the kiss of lips so sweet. I must confess
Rose Red, rose, red smiles awake,
will win his love and his heart will take.

Last edited:
OK, what happened to Tung?

Grrr ... See what I miss when I am gone a few days ~ :eek:

Tung .... if ya have time I shall begin anew with ya in this brow breating 30/30 thingy ~ just sayin'

... that's how much I like your poetry~ ;) :p (enough to torture you with mine, lmao)

:D

TT and Rhymer, hope all is merry and bright.... I waited a bit to see if you could sneak on back in, but I miss y'all and your poetry, Ange and I are playing tag.... come back if you can, if not, it is understood, this most crazy time of year...wanted to let you know you are missed....

~Anna

annaswirls said:
TT and Rhymer, hope all is merry and bright.... I waited a bit to see if you could sneak on back in, but I miss y'all and your poetry, Ange and I are playing tag.... come back if you can, if not, it is understood, this most crazy time of year...wanted to let you know you are missed....

~Anna

Anna,

Thank you for the encouraging support and invite~!! :D
I too have been way busy with the season and all
but I miss the writing and the superb company.

So ... count me in ~~

vampiredust said:
this is great, RF, awesome poetry

:heart: :heart: :heart: it

Thank you Chris. I thought it might need a bitta work
but it fit, for the seasoning of the moment ...

RF I look forward to all of the poems in the threads here. I know I could likely satisfy my needs by exploring the New Poems, but in truth, I'd much rather read the posts here on the forum by poets whose work I know and like. The Poetry Index isn't nearly such a sure thing as threads such as the 30 in 30 and passion suddenly.

Thanks to all of you here for the wonderful gift of your poetry.

Merry :p Froggy :p XXXmas.

champagne1982 said:
RF I look forward to all of the poems in the threads here. I know I could likely satisfy my needs by exploring the New Poems, but in truth, I'd much rather read the posts here on the forum by poets whose work I know and like. The Poetry Index isn't nearly such a sure thing as threads such as the 30 in 30 and passion suddenly.

Thanks to all of you here for the wonderful gift of your poetry.

Merry :p Froggy :p XXXmas.

Carrie,

I honestly have to say ... I am no real poet, like many here. BUT I love to write and play with words. I have dreams but have no clue what will happen, like any normal sane person eh ~

Thank you for the encouragement and for making me feel so welcome. Sometimes we need a boost, a muse, just something/someone to help us get it going. Like you, I too love to read these poetry threads. I do try and peak in on the poetry but here, I am at home ...

Thank you ALL for the beautiful gift every one of you share with us everyday ...

denishale:
DOGGIE BURPS, AND I SMELL MY HOMEWORK

<snip>

Happy Hollandaise,
all you saucy wenches...

Happy Hollandaise to you too! I hope you are going to be sticking around, it is so good to see your work wet behind the ears :heart:

Amen Sister!! I like your loosey goosey funky style girl.....

Now send us some snow....
please :)

~J

Angeline said:
Jesus
now James Brown, too
Jesus
it's your birthday. happy birthday
if you're out there
what to do, what to do
but suck it up and live
with all these stories
brothers and grandmothers
and godfathers
and now you
don't know me
but you think that sometime
soon I could just
sleep?

I am done whooooo hooo!!!!

Thanks champers for kicking my ass when I whimpered that I could not start the 30/30 thread again over Christmas
:) :) :)

annaswirls said:
Thanks champers for kicking my ass when I whimpered that I could not start the 30/30 thread again over Christmas
:)

Congrats Anna ~!!! :nana:

We knew you could do it, again ~!!! :D

Wanna try for 3 and 0? :p

Lol, yes we will give you a break after a record like this ... who could ask for more
but us greedy poets who know an awesome writer when we see one.

:rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: (you have my 5 )

Thanks Rhymer- you are great company :)

I will shoot for 3 when I get back home from PA in a couple of weeks.... the Valentine's day run.... what say you, shall we try to rally a group?

January 14-Feb 14
The Valentine's Day Run: 30 poems in 30 days (sappy love stuff optional)

RhymeFairy said:
<snip>
Wanna try for 3 and 0? :p

Lol, yes we will give you a break after a record like this ... who could ask for more
but us greedy poets who know an awesome writer when we see one.

oh goodness I am blushing, thank you for putting up with my raw and unedited stuff.... hopefully there is something in there worth polishing :)

Sweet dreams, and keep it up!

annaswirls said:
Thanks Rhymer- you are great company :)

I will shoot for 3 when I get back home from PA in a couple of weeks.... the Valentine's day run.... what say you, shall we try to rally a group?

January 14-Feb 14
The Valentine's Day Run: 30 poems in 30 days (sappy love stuff optional)

oh goodness I am blushing, thank you for putting up with my raw and unedited stuff.... hopefully there is something in there worth polishing :)

Sweet dreams, and keep it up!

Seems I shall just be getting done , err let'me check my dates, but
if I'm still writing I will do a double or nothing
... if we can get at least 5 more poets to join us :nana:

the challenge ...

5 more poets besides Anna and myself and you will see me
do a double shot 60/60 ... what say you? :D

Anyone game? :p

Congratulations to Ms. Anna for working her love-like way through the 30/30 course. Excellent poems all. :rose:

Wahoooooooo ms swirly one. I like how you filled up the fridge door. :) Congrats on your 30 in 30.

Back