a companion to 30 in 30

I'm so glad that beautyandwine has joined RF in a run for the 30. I know when it's a solo go it can get pretty tough to keep going. I'd join you but for this little matter of a torn to hell knee. Maybe I could write moaning self-pity poems about how if but for bad luck I'd be completely healthy :cool:

Keep going ladies. I read 'em every day.

This is horrible to say. I made a conscious decision not to get online yesterday. I knew it would blow my 30/30 outta the water but sometimes one needs space and well, dang it I needed it. Not from ya'll, just a lil me time ya know ~

Sorry to spin out dry :( ... one day I shall finish this and then, ya'll will have to throw me a big party with balloons and everything ;) :catroar: :D

:rose:

Lauren Hynde said:
Thanks. :)

I'm going to need their help if I'm to make it to the end of these 30 days...

Good luck on the 30/30; milk those muses for all they're worth! :rose:

Is this the year Lauren comes back? :nana: And 3 poems posted in one day {especially like Edgar - it sent me off to look up & read Annabel Lee}!

LeBroz said:

Good luck on the 30/30; milk those muses for all they're worth! :rose:

Is this the year Lauren comes back? :nana: And 3 poems posted in one day {especially like Edgar - it sent me off to look up & read Annabel Lee}!

Thanks, Leon. This is the year Lauren went insane and decided to sign up for Survivor.

Lauren Hynde said:
Thanks, Leon. This is the year Lauren went insane and decided to sign up for Survivor.
ohmigawd

:D

Lauren Hynde said:

I think the poets are about to take permanent control of the contest...

thanks Tzara, Carrie, Calli, RainMan for the congrats. I have been sneaking around in my father's den, sorry I did not thank you sooner, and yes, it does feel good to be done, but I wonder if it in the long run hinders writing. ? I have not had much desire at all to push any new puppies out. Only wen I am about to fall asleep, they come.

But you know when you feel like you are going to throw up and you lie as still as possible, hoping things settle down inside and just let you SLEEP, that is how I feel now. shehhhhhh dont wake up the demons, dont provide a ground for the lightning tip fingers blue spark poems no

well cindarelly, it is after midnight, and the boy is back awake, might be another long one if he decides not to sleep....

:rolleyes:

Sara Crewe said:
Sometimes the only background music
is the squeak and spin of the washing machine
and the only bouquets that decorate
the house require you to squint
your eyes to transform the piles
of plastic toys or mismatched socks
into petals. Sometimes the bed
stays unmade not in memory
of the night but the blur of hours
into days and life into death.
Sometimes it blankets me with a languor
that tinges every breath with ennui
until every exhale is a sigh. But often
in the afternoon quiet of outside time
when I bend to catch the rolling crayons
I find myself on paper, living
inside a wax heart and feel the purpose
in the words to mom with love.
I walk to the window and see myself
in the eyes of three and call them in
to talk between sips of hot chocolate
and the search for marshmallows
hiding on the bottom.

Sara this one is pure poetry to my ears.
Sometimes being mom cuts our ties to the me inside.
I love your vision here. Feel the love my friend ...

just beautiful ~

:rose: :rose: :rose:

SET, I really enjoyed your villanelle, Not as Some Loves. The form is tricky, but yours flowed together very well!

beautyandwine said:
SET, I really enjoyed your villanelle, Not as Some Loves. The form is tricky, but yours flowed together very well!
Thank you very much, beautyandwine. I appreciate the compliment.

beautyandwine said:

Okay SET, let me just add my own endorsement to that. Also expect to see this tomorrow so I can give it a high five on my Wednesday review.

You planning on trying any more challenging forms, like the sestina? Also, if you can do the villanelle you should have no problem with the terzanelle.

I know these forms take some work but the ones I can appreciate most are those that seem so effortless. Keep up the great job.

LeBroz said:
Okay SET, let me just add my own endorsement to that. Also expect to see this tomorrow so I can give it a high five on my Wednesday review.

You planning on trying any more challenging forms, like the sestina? Also, if you can do the villanelle you should have no problem with the terzanelle.

I know these forms take some work but the ones I can appreciate most are those that seem so effortless. Keep up the great job.
Thank you, LeBroz, for your kind comment. I have submitted the poem, but whether it will be posted tomorrow is, as always, anyone's guess.

I am feeling my way around various forms. That was my first villanelle, so I appreciate your and beautyandwine's comments. I may try a terzanelle—may—but I fear the sestina. I have heard that it has an effect something like that videotape in The Ring. You know—the hero(ine) laughs at what others have said, expresses bravado, and forges ahead into its arcane and mysterious world only to find his(her)self shivering on a cold tile floor with an evil spirit sucking out hisurher very life force!

So I may avoid that one.

But then again. . .

;)

Thanks to recklesschild for persuading me to try form poetry. It's quite fun. Or not.

ShyErraticTable said:
Thank you, LeBroz, for your kind comment. I have submitted the poem, but whether it will be posted tomorrow is, as always, anyone's guess.

I am feeling my way around various forms. That was my first villanelle, so I appreciate your and beautyandwine's comments. I may try a terzanelle—may—but I fear the sestina. I have heard that it has an effect something like that videotape in The Ring. You know—the hero(ine) laughs at what others have said, expresses bravado, and forges ahead into its arcane and mysterious world only to find his(her)self shivering on a cold tile floor with an evil spirit sucking out hisurher very life force!

So I may avoid that one.

But then again. . .

;)

Thanks to recklesschild for persuading me to try form poetry. It's quite fun. Or not.

I also fear the terzanelle - my first attempt at that was very rocky. And I've heard similar rumours about the sestina. ;) I may watch you forge ahead and if you survive the evil spirits, I'll consider it.

Sara Crewe, whoo-hoo! (now that's poetry!)

I thought life was tidal and a grave just another hole,
an inelegant gape of open earth that waited
for the prim faces of coffins to sink
into its etiolating embrace until I spent
my nights sleeping with you inside that box.

We shared your satin pillow, water-marked
with rain and tears and I could feel its stain
on my cheek, recall the absence
of comfort despite the riches and hear
the wind spread my sorrow with each attempt
to justify my life and prove my love
had not become an anachronism in the sun.

I was going to say this was really awesome the other day, but RhymeFairy had posted you had put up something wonderful, so I thought I'd space it out some.

You know, long-lasting, time-released compliments or something. That smell like peppermint, or coconut oil, or something. :rolleyes:

Calli-Calli-bo- balli not any relation to Fank O'Malley

clutching_calliope said:
I was going to say this was really awesome the other day, but RhymeFairy had posted you had put up something wonderful, so I thought I'd space it out some.

You know, long-lasting, time-released compliments or something. That smell like peppermint, or coconut oil, or something. :rolleyes:

thanks!! :rose: I like it however it smells and whenever it arrives. ;)

Sara Crewe said:
Truth: Take Two Hours Before Tabloid<snip> Remember if they don’t jiggle
they’re fake and if you are famous
due to one body part
that makes you an ass or a boob.
thankyou for the morning chuckle.

clutching_calliope said:
Good job today, Lauren, on the Nixon poem. :)
Thanks! I've been having fun pasting those things together from audio clips of old speeches. I'll submit them as Poetry With Audio. :)

Back