Are you leading a secret life?

Re: Hmmmmmmm

pop_54 said:
Loks like Venice it is then Purdy darling, best get my wellies out streets are a bit damp there aren't they?:D
Pops, love, if you wear wellies I'll pretend I'm Blodwyn :p .

Cake Bloke, bring your penis and you're in :eek:

Perdita :D

Woohoo, looks like Perdita got some penises to join us! Venice it most definitely is! :devil:

Quasimodem said:
Venice is a BITCH for street-walkers! :rolleyes:
Wrong, Quas (though I know what you intended). Venice was famous for its courtesans, the most intelligent (educated) women in Europe.

Perdita

perdita said:
Wrong, Quas... Venice was famous for its courtesans, the most intelligent (educated) women in Europe...

They really had to know the job though, if they wished to keep their heads above water :(

We tend to visit Venice every couple of years, usually for the Bienial, tho' we missed this year due too many other committments.

Dawn in Venice is one of life's truely memorable experiences, traveling empty canals, seeing the guts of the city springing into life, the suppy boats, refuse and builders boats organising for day. Facades glistening in an Autumn mist. Tourists tucked up in bed.

Several years ago, maybe a dozen or more, we took a shared gondola ride one evening, after dusk. It was one of the rides with a musician and singer. There were seven passengers, a young couple and the girls parents, Australian, and my wife, daughter and me.

The Australian girl was taking over the lead role in Phantom of the Opera in London, she was on a familiarisation trip through Europe, next stop Paris. She sung extracts from Phantom as we glided through small canals up and behind the Fenice Opera House, crowds gathering on bridges as we passed listening to her beautiful voice floating into thhe night air.

I posted another extract from experiences of Venice on another thread.

It's Venice for me. :)

Will's

McKenna said:
Venice... hmmm.... nah! But I'll be in Amsterdam in a few months, why not the city of sex for a Literotica gathering?! Seems rather apropos.

:D

Now there's a thought. I could almost walk in then.

Venetian courtesans used, at one time, to wear chopines that raised their feet up to one foot above the ground.

Useful in the piazzas at times of Aqua Alta. Also meant that the punters got an eyeful of their assets.

Seems the right place for Lit AH get together. Just don't re-enact "Death in Venice".

Og

PS La Fenice was reopened this week after restoration. It had been set on fire by two electricians to cover up the evidence that they were behind on their work. Then the Venetians (and Italian government) made such a snafu of the repair that it has taken years longer than it should. The electricians are in jail. The politicians are still in court.

Re: Re: Hmmmmmmm

perdita said:
Pops, love, if you wear wellies I'll pretend I'm Blodwyn :p .

Cake Bloke, bring your penis and you're in :eek:

Perdita :D

Hmm must say that new pink av of yours is giving me a bit of a boner sweetheart:devil: :rose:

raphy said:
Personally, I still like the idea of NE USA

Yes! We have....well.....snow, and ice, and furnaces that are pissing me off at the moment....and, hm.....why am I voting for NE US again?

Whisper :rose:

whispering_surrender said:
Yes! We have....well.....snow, and ice, and furnaces that are pissing me off at the moment....and, hm.....why am I voting for NE US again?

Well, cos I'm gonna be there, come January.

Duh.

McKenna said:
Looks like we're being out-voted BT. :(

Maybe we should remind them all what Amsterdam has to offer?

The Red Light District, the Sex Museum... there's plenty of "inspiration" available for writing a little erotica!

Or on the other hand, there's the Van Gogh museum, the Rijksmuseum, the Zaanse Schans with lots of beautiful old windmills, tulip fields, the best bread and most excellent cheese. Cozy little cafe's and coffee strong enough to be used for stripping wallpaper -nothing like a java jolt of inspiration! :D

Maybe we shoud throw in a little about the coffeeshop, not for that lovely shot of caffein, but you know, the famous Dutch homegrown ....
And do not forget all those shops with toys and books and cloths and things!

Ah well, we can always make our own party.

Do those people know, Amsterdam is called Venice of the north?

Black Tulip said:
Do those people know, Amsterdam is called Venice of the north?
Tulipa negra, and San Francisco (my home) used to be called Baghdad by the Bay :) .

The best hot chocolate and espresso I ever had was in Venezia. And the gondolieri, ahhhhh...

Perdita

Last edited by a moderator:
perdita said:
Tulipa negra, and San Francisco (my home) used to be called Baghdad by the Bay :) .

The best hot chocolate and espresso I ever had was in Venezia. And the gondolieri, ahhhhh...

Perdita

I have to admit Perdita, those gondolieri make a strong, ah, point.

;)

McKenna,

How about some mushrooms to go with that?

Do I lead a secret life, hmm...

Well, if I told you about it, then it wouldn't be secret, now would it? ...damn.

I am a little late answering the question that was started in this thread (had a busy past couple of days.)

My husband knows and two of my friends know (one online, one real life) and that is it. My family would have an absolute cow if they knew. They would probably think that I am sick and twisted and going to hell.

Originally posted by McKenna
Looks like we're being out-voted BT.
I'm still for Venice, though I suppose I might be willing to try Amsterdam...assuming we were going there in the summer. ;) It's too frigging cold for me here already; I don't wanna go off someplace where it's even colder!

Or we could just do it twice, once in Venice and once in Amsterdam! *grin*

Back