Challenge to my fave poets

Yaknow I had a flu shot in September. And ee has a bad cold so when I got up yesterday, I thought I must be catching it. No. Within an hour I felt like I had the flu--with all its attendent ugliness. This morning I feel much better, no more tummy sympoms or chest coldy stuff. If I didn't know that ee and I ate the same foods yesterday, I'd say it was food posioning, but he was eating fine all day. Who know? I'm still really sleepy though.

Thx for the advice, Moma. Can you come over and make some soup? :D

:kiss:
I'll give you my recipe for chicken soup.

Disjoint and clean one whole chicken
scrub 3 stalks celery, 4 carrots, 1 large leek, 1 medium onion
put it all in the stock pot and cover with at least 8 cups water.
season with 1 tsp dried thyme, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper corns, a pinch of tumeric or saffron and 1 tsp salt or to taste
bring to a boil and then simmer until the chicken is cooked.

Remove the chicken and set aside to cool, capturing drained juices to add back into the soup later.

Strain the stock and return the broth to the pot.
Chop the same quantity of vegetables as you used to set the stock into 1/2 inch pieces
Clean the meat from the chicken, discard skin and bones
Chop half of the chicken to return it to the soup
Season to taste and add a small fistful of vermicelli that you've roughly broken into the size you prefer or 1 cup of whichever pasta you like.
Cook until veggies and pasta are al dente. Serve with lots of crusty bread and love.

1 can of diced tomatoes is optional as is turnip, cabbage and any other garden veggie that you want. I've used acorn squash in the past but it can be a bit sweet. Mostly, if it tastes good, add it to the pot.

Last edited:
Back