Challenge: write your own "Shadow Theater" poem

Truth is Stranger than Fiction

Rybka said:

There are also quite a few other possible interpretations of "Shadow Theat(re/er)". I have found one (in short form).

And the Shadow Theater Play that I am dying to see is described below.

Lincoln Sees His Shadow and Falls in Love - a shadow puppet play that combines all February holidays, narrated by George Washington's wooden teeth.

No. I did not make that up. Here is the link.

Bizzarro Shadow Theater Play

The yahoo link to the Bizarro play seems to be broken. I can't tell you how upset that makes me.

I was going to apply for an NEA grant to stage that.

I am DEFINITELY not a poet, but will give it a shot. If nothing else, it should be good for the entertainment value of poor writing...I am more of a prose writer and poem reader. (My view on Shadow Theatre may be a bit different.) Thanks--AA

You Go AA!

I think Cordie is right! Looking forward to your poem and glad you're here buddy.

:kiss:

The time is nigh. Is everyone writing a Shadow Theat[re/er] poem?

which reminds me of something I ought to be doing... :eek:

I submitted mine...hope I did it correctly--thanks to my 'editor' for the help once I had the basic down! AA

Lauren.Hynde said:
Oooops! I think it may have been too soon, AA...
Story of my life...that's what I get for driving 502 miles for 11 hours to get home....my mind is gone and I messed up! AA

LOL

Don't worry about it. If it get's posted too soon, I promise I won't look until the right time comes. ;)

Just so AA won't feel left out, I'm slipping mine in at 12:01 est.... ok, actually, thursdays are busy for me, and I don't wanna forget to post it.

:D
HomerPindar

Well, I think that any submission entered two or three hours from now will be safe.

I have a very good feeling about this title. Lots of exceptionally good poems on the way, I'm sure :D

Last edited:
Lauren.Hynde said:
I have a very good feeling about this title. Lot's of exceptionally good poems on the way, I'm sure :D

sure, just what we need... pressure :D

Consider yourself pressure-treated now, OT.

Winks,

Cordelia

Cordelia said:
Consider yourself pressure-treated now, OT.

Winks,

Cordelia
Being pressure treated between those two ladies would be indeed heavenly! :D

Always Awake said:

Being pressure treated between those two ladies would be indeed heavenly!

You want wood, huh? I'll be in chat shortly with a Louisville Slugger just for you. ;)

Angeline said:
Always Awake said:

Being pressure treated between those two ladies would be indeed heavenly!

You want wood, huh? I'll be in chat shortly with a Louisville Slugger just for you. ;)
ACK! Making note--for self-preservation: Stay FAR away from Ang! :p LOL

ACK! Making note--for self-preservation: Stay FAR away from Ang! LOL

I'm crushed. ;)

Angeline said:
I'm cracking up AA. I knew you'd get it, haha. :p
Yeah, you really 'cracked' up when I sat in your lap and broke both your legs...LOL G'nite and looking forward to seeing the poems...AA

The good news is no Shadow Theat[re/er] poem was submitted too soon, apparently. Those of you who have it ready, do it now, don't leave it 'till the last minute...

;)

Back