Chaos... to be continued

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's def code switching. It seems like its related. (I edited my original quote bc I got it wrong the first time)

Hmm I'm sure it's helped. I've been doing community work since I was 17 and I only spoke Spanish at home until my niece learned English then I speak in both languages with her.

Also my friends are mostly bilingual so we all switch between languages back and forth. So basically I have never stopped using my first language. But then school and work (maybe 70%) is all English.

I'd say the people I work with maybe 3 or 4 out of 5 are primarily Spanish speakers. But it depends. Sometimes they all speak English.
Yeah, my brother never stopped with either language. He makes me do this thing where I read a news paper written in english, but I have to read aloud in spanish. Surprisingly difficult, but he can do it switching languages sentence to sentence

Thank you
❤️
Yeah, my brother never stopped with either language. He makes me do this thing where I read a news paper written in english, but I have to read aloud in spanish. Surprisingly difficult, but he can do it switching languages sentence to sentence
That's awesome. I can probably do that too!! But haven't try it.
Well, like the professor said in the 1st TikTok, I'm definitely envious 😂

Haha I'm pretty proud of it now. But it def tookbme a lot of years to get here. The microaggressions from monolingual speakers sometimes are real and it made me shy about it for a while.

❤️

That's awesome. I can probably do that too!! But haven't try it.

Haha I'm pretty proud of it now. But it def tookbme a lot of years to get here. The microaggressions from monolingual speakers sometimes are real and it made me shy about it for a while.
Oh, I can only imagine... when I was teaching immigrants, it didn't seem to matter how new they were to the U.S., they had usually already experienced this in some form 😡

Oh, I can only imagine... when I was teaching immigrants, it didn't seem to matter how new they were to the U.S., they had usually already experienced this in some form 😡
I know!! It really sucks!!
I'm now the person that anytime someone apoligizes for their bad English I ALWAYS make it a point to comment on it and say there's nothing wrong with their English and that everyone has an accent

good morning Nebs

colorful hair - check
piercings - check
tattoos - check
plaid skirt - sorta check
thigh highs - not so check
sex pistols - check but not only
bubble gum - check for the past
I mean, I’m sure you change your clothes and listen to Rancid as well 🤣. I just kind of took your aura/energy/name/etc and painted a pic in my head. A beautiful pic 😁

That's awesome. It reminds me of this.

kxsr9pdefvo01.jpg

Nicht fur Gerfingerpoken und mittengrabben is freaking awesome.
There's an equivalent fake English one somewhere too that's not as funny to me (as a native English speaker) but interesting to see it from the other side. Which of course I can't find.

Ah. Here's a text history of it
http://www.catb.org/jargon/html/B/blinkenlights.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back