Chaos... to be continued

Status
Not open for further replies.
only the voters can change that :rolleyes: and please let me educate that you even had one third party president (Lincoln) :oops: libertarian(?) party and green party are the two strongest third parties there
Lincoln was actually a Republican (I guess things have devolved since then), and we lost our best shot at a consequential climate-change president when the actual Green Party candidate, Ralph Nader, drained votes away from Al Gore in 2000. Gore lost Florida by 537 votes, and we got eight years of George Bush instead (which later would begin to seem, almost, like the good old days). :rolleyes:

Lincoln was actually a Republican (I guess things have devolved since then), and we lost our best shot at a consequential climate-change president when the actual Green Party candidate, Ralph Nader, drained votes away from Al Gore in 2000. Gore lost Florida by 537 votes, and we got eight years of George Bush instead (which later would begin to seem, almost, like the good old days). :rolleyes:
Maybe so, but George Washington was an independent. And the point that was being made was that we do have more than two parties.

Maybe so, but George Washington was an independent. And the point that was being made was that we do have more than two parties.
An independent simply because there were no parties at the time. The country was still very young, however, that being said at the time everyone in the country at the time was center-right of Global politics at the time. Additionally, George wasn't a very good president and we almost fell back into a monarchy. The same could be said for John Adams. Who tried to pass a sedition law when Jefferson created the Democratic Republican party. So, that he could silence and imprison those who vocally disagreed with him. Which led to the first accidental president a job Jefferson didn't want, but the people wrote his name anyway.

An independent simply because there were no parties at the time. The country was still very young, however, that being said at the time everyone in the country at the time was center-right of Global politics at the time. Additionally, George wasn't a very good president and we almost fell back into a monarchy. The same could be said for John Adams. Who tried to pass a sedition law when Jefferson created the Democratic Republican party. So, that he could silence and imprison those who vocally disagreed with him. Which led to the first accidental president a job Jefferson didn't want, but the people wrote his name anyway.
That's all really fascinating, but the point was simply that our country has more than two political parties. I don't want to debate history, and quite frankly, I really don't care. I'm sorry if that sounds rude, I'm just not looking for an endless Circle argument today. Or to be called uneducated simply because I disagree. It's Cheeky's B-Day. Happy happy fun day

Last edited:
That's all really fascinating, but the point was was simply that our country has more than two political parties. I don't want to debate history, quite frankly I really don't care. I'm sorry if that sounds rude, I'm just not looking for an endless Circle argument today
There really is no debating history, I just love history and sharing the facts of history with people. I saw people talking about history, and saw an opportunity to share some interesting tidbits.

As far as political parties go yes there are more than two. However, only two stand a chance at winning. Especially, with the way people consume media these days, voting theory and behavior. It's rather sad really...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back