Chaos... to be continued

Status
Not open for further replies.
The ref. is totally lost on me. lol

It is. Although, it often means that I can work at any hour and day. It suits me but it has its downside, sometimes. I do go out for work though, and sometimes say ciao to my colleagues at the office, so that's nice.
Groundhog Day was a movie where the same day kept repeating itself over and over.

I get what you mean about going to the office sometimes. Everyone needs some socialization and connection.

A movie where Bill Murrey was stuck in s time loop, reliving the same day over and over
Groundhog Day was a movie where the same day kept repeating itself over and over.

I get what you mean about going to the office sometimes. Everyone needs some socialization and connection.
Ah, gotcha. I've never heard of it before. But yes, often it feels that way. lol

The ref. is totally lost on me. lol

It is. Although, it often means that I can work at any hour and day. It suits me but it has its downside, sometimes. I do go out for work though, and sometimes say ciao to my colleagues at the office, so that's nice.
Premise of the movie is every day repeats over and over ti

My second job is at home, and as you said, I can make my own hours. I do find that It's harder for me to stay productive compared to a professional setting.

Part of the comedy of the movie is all of the ways he tries to entertain himself before trying to make himself better.
I don't try. It all comes natural to me. 😜
Memorized an entire episode of Jeopardy just to troll the old people.
You or the character in the movie? :D

My second job is at home, and as you said, I can make my own hours. I do find that It's harder for me to stay productive compared to a professional setting.
It's the opposite for me. Annnd that's the downside I was talking about. lol
When I'm in the office people interrupt you all the time. Chit chat or take coffee breaks. Hardly productive. I work far more at home.

Getting no respect
kids-need-to-know-they-suck-kids.gif

I don't know about you people but I'm going to use the "I'm old" thing as much as I can. There are benefits to it.

- I'm old. I know better
- I'm old. STFU
- I'm old. Give me a break
- I'm old. I forgot
- I'm old. Therefore I could give zero fucks
- I'm old. Can I get in front of you and not wait in line?
- I'm old. Free the seat
- I'm old. Can you help with these grocery bags? Otherwise, I have to buy a three-wheeler like Cheeky. :rolleyes:😜
etc.etc.etc. :D

I used some tricks to be productive. First of all - separate work and free time. Luckily I have a study here, so it wasn't difficult, and I also had separate work and private phones. But I also dressed for work almost the same as if I was going to the office, and changed for something more relaxed after work.

Another thing about dressing is that it affects how we behave. Some companies that have people doing calls from the home advice them to dress all the way to the shoes as if they were about to meet people irl and not just calling them. It affects even how we speak.

I used some tricks to be productive. First of all - separate work and free time. Luckily I have a study here, so it wasn't difficult, and I also had separate work and private phones. But I also dressed for work almost the same as if I was going to the office, and changed for something more relaxed after work.

Another thing about dressing is that it affects how we behave. Some companies that have people doing calls from the home advice them to dress all the way to the shoes as if they were about to meet people irl and not just calling them. It affects even how we speak.
See, dressing is the thing I miss the most really. My job doesn't require any video calls, so I don't even have to dress for that. But during the lockdown there were days I used to put the make up on and dress up just to sit on the couch. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back