Chaos... to be continued

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally prefer a tent, but then again we don't really tour, just spend our two weeks of holiday on a single campsite and visit places from there. (But truth be told with a two year old comming along "places" are mainly the swimming pool and the beach :p)
Tent is nice when hiking, but a camper is more practical otherwise. More expensive too, of course...

Whaha, maybe I should redefine the word tent... because ours is absolutely unfit for hiking...Our tent
It takes up half the trunk of our car when packed....
In certain circles, I am made fun for my “glamping”. Giant cabin tent, 8 feet high. Queen size inflatable air mattress. Electric fan. Power strip. Or a 21 foot sailboat at a dock with electric hookup. To those certain circles, “WhatEVAH!”

Whaha, maybe I should redefine the word tent... because ours is absolutely unfit for hiking...Our tent
It takes up half the trunk of our car when packed....
True, that's not for hiking. But I am sensitive to sounds, and when I have slept in a tent at our summer cottage (before the main building was finished) birds kept me in very light sleep, almost half-awake... And that's without any sounds from other people! A camper provides at least some sound insulation.

True, that's not for hiking. But I am sensitive to sounds, and when I have slept in a tent at our summer cottage (before the main building was finished) birds kept me in very light sleep, almost half-awake... And that's without any sounds from other people! A camper provides at least some sound insulation.
I get that, campsites can be very noisy, with kids playing and people having a good time. The openness and airyness of a tent is the reason I prefer it... love the sounds of nature around me, and as I an used to night shifts and sleeping whenever I get the chance, noise luckily doesn't bother me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back