Chaos... to be continued

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude I totally use shortcuts like that … I call it ADHD tax … anything to make life easier … like bagged salads.. pre-cut fruits for morning yogurt bowls… if I have to invest more time in it … it’s likely I won’t do it.

Bag salads and precut fruit are one thing but garlic is on that other level.

Yeah my issuee with pre-chopped garlic is the extended shelf life and flavor profile. They use a shit ton of preservatives and I hate the added liquid and moisture. Fresh garlic is where its at. Different flavor and texture and I just feel it just cooks different.
I do agree that fresh garlic is much better. But w.e I'm not gonna eat yalls food 😂😂

@Mo_Bandy and @amanuk am I gonna have to separate you two?

With my husband's cuisine I use a lot of garlic paste and ginger paste.
Everybody should use ginger paste. Ginger should not be allowed to be sold in its natural form. It is so fucking ugly. If that was a person, you wouldn’t let them out of the house. It looks disfigured, thin bits, fat bits, knobbly bits. And it is awkward. Peel it with a spoon! A fucking spoon? For peeling? Not normal at all. Ban it from everywhere until it has been pulverised into a paste

Everybody should use ginger paste. Ginger should not be allowed to be sold in its natural form. It is so fucking ugly. If that was a person, you wouldn’t let them out of the house. It looks disfigured, thin bits, fat bits, knobbly bits. And it is awkward. Peel it with a spoon! A fucking spoon? For peeling? Not normal at all. Ban it from everywhere until it has been pulverised into a paste
You dont know what the fuck you’re talking about take it back Satan girl.

Yeah my issuee with pre-chopped garlic is the extended shelf life and flavor profile. They use a shit ton of preservatives and I hate the added liquid and moisture. Fresh garlic is where its at. Different flavor and texture and I just feel it just cooks different.

I normally use fresh garlic but we have issues with good supply, so I resort to the canned stuff just to get the general garlic flavor in it.

its just convenient. I try to buy a head of garlic every trip but sometimes forget or run out and those little jars are handy. If you know nothing else I just like to talk shit. Its fun. Its cyber life nothing matterz.

But you're right. The little jars taste like shit! At least hold out for the peeled stuff...

Hey, I'm just standing up for ingredients and real cooking.

Lol I "peel" ginger by just cutting off all the fucking skin. Losing tons of ginger in the process, but it spoils faster than I can use it, anyway, usually. (Or I overbuy ginger. Possible.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back