Cliquey

Re: Re: hiya

DVS said:
aHem, if that's you in the AV, you are a lady! That cliques with me.

why thank you dvs, and yes it is me both of them, giggle.
fancy a nice clique honey.

bye love lorri

Pookie_grrl said:
I'm part of an anti-clique. It's a group of like-minded people who enjoy being with each other, but are against the idea of cliques.

Pookie :rose:
Excellent, Pookie. Can I anti-join?

Cahab..definitely not in on the clique thing here;oh and quite definitely stil having trouble typing with a buggered left wrist in a splint but hell i try...spelin an gramer ain't ever bin me strong pont any way! :D

clique pique

I don't remember being invited to a clique. Why was I not invited? Did a clique creep up on me and absorb me when I wasn't looking? Is that what cliques do? Then that makes me an unwilling cliquee (cliquer? Would Chicklet be a cliquette?)

Perhaps I'm not in the clique anyway :(

Perhaps I am :)

But that might not be good :(

I'm not too sure what a fairy is and have no particular inclination to believe or disbelieve in them.

Every time someone says 'I don't believe in fairies.' a fairy dies.

If some one asked 'Do you believe in fairies?' I might well say 'No.'

Of course, logically this could be taken as a statement that I don't believe in fairies.

Little girls burst into tears and point at me as I walk down the street.

'He killed Tinkerbell!'

I'm just a guy. I've got no defense against this. I know if I go around upsetting little girls something bad will happen to me. They're not organised like the Mafia, but something bad will happen. Somehow.

And do I really want lots of dead fairies on my conscience?

Damned if I do, damned if I don't.

OK, I believe in fairies.

GL

Last edited:
dvs said,

//Oh, cliques can be dangerous, too. Check out the plagiarism thread, if you wonder. Guilty or not, when one person takes a side, others tend to blindly follow. God help anyone who hinders!//

Have experienced this myself.

As off-putting as the cliques, are the claques:

If certain persons type a 5-10 word brain fart, the others immediately post: "Doesn't it smell of roses, around here?"

J.

Re: clique pique

Gabriel_Lee said:

I'm not too sure what a fairy is and have no particular inclination to believe or disbelieve in them.

Some off my best friends are fairies.:)

Originally posted by cahab
Some off my best friends are fairies.
Don't point at me! Like I said, no fairy blood on my conscience!

I believe. I believe.

GL

The Faerie Queen

My cousin Tom is the personification of Spenser's dream.
MG

Re: The Faerie Queen

MathGirl said:
My cousin Tom is the personification of Spenser's dream.
MG: either you introduce me to cousin Tom, or write a story about him (non-Spenserian though).

GL: Are you Peter Pan? I can be Wendy; or the Indian maid. Must confess though, Capt. Hook shivers me timbers too.

Perdita Personae

Cousin Tom the Faerie Queen

perdita said:
MG: either you introduce me to cousin Tom, or write a story about him (non-Spenserian though).

Dear Perdita,
Cousin Tom is a high ranking police officer in your city.
MG

Re: Cousin Tom the Faerie Queen

MathGirl said:
Dear Perdita, Cousin Tom is a high ranking police officer in your city. MG
PM me then, you teaser. Nevermind, just read the subject line. I've got cop friends, both faerie-like and un-.

P

Re: Re: Cousin Tom the Faerie Queen

perdita said:
PM me then, you teaser. Nevermind, just read the subject line. I've got cop friends, both faerie-like and un-.

Dear Perdita,
Cousin Tom looks like someone who plays linebacker for the Forty Niners. He just happens to carry a gun and live with another man.

Interesting guy, my cousin. With what he knows as a cop and where he goes as a qu... gay person, a night on the town with him is VERY interesting.
MG

Re: Re: Re: Cousin Tom the Faerie Queen

MathGirl said:
Interesting guy, my cousin. With what he knows as a cop and where he goes as a qu... gay person, a night on the town with him is VERY interesting.
Yep, those fa... gay guys know how to do SF right.

When my mom first moved to SF (after me and two of my brothers) she was telling a visitor about Polk St. back then. She was fully bi-lingual (though illiterate in both Sp. and Engl.) but learning new vocabulary was always interesting for her. So she wanted to tell her friend about Polk Gulch and said, "This is where the 'happy' people live."

Once she took my sons (then 7 and 10) to Mass at Mission Dolores. After they went to a breakfast birthday party for a nun, and then she took them to the Gay Freedom Day parade (where they were bored). A real SF story.

Excuse the ramble, just happened. Perdita

Re: clique pique

Gabriel_Lee said:

Every time someone says 'I don't believe in fairies.' a fairy dies.

If some one asked 'Do you believe in fairies?' I might well say 'No.'

Of course, logically this could be taken as a statement that I don't believe in fairies.

Little girls burst into tears and point at me as I walk down the street.

'He killed Tinkerbell!'

I'm just a guy. I've got no defense against this. I know if I go around upsetting little girls something bad will happen to me. They're not organised like the Mafia, but something bad will happen. Somehow.

And do I really want lots of dead fairies on my conscience?

Damned if I do, damned if I don't.

OK, I believe in fairies.

GL

Thanks GL. Made I larf.

DVS: Your av is the most disconcerting thing ever. I keep seeing it do its occasional movement out of the corner of my eye. It's like one of those human statues you get in city centres; you're never quite sure whether it actually moved or whether you're just going mad.

The Earl

I've never felt like I "joined" a clique here on purpose....I mean I was really into posting on the story ideas forum for awhile and then I lost interest, and posted more heavily on the author's forum. At no point did I not feel welcome here, though.

And for the record...I Believe in Fairies

DVS said:
OK, have I completely de-cliqued myself, never to be noticed again? I would hate to see the same thing happen again as did back then.

<chicklet says nothing, but silently adds DVS to her "ignore" list>

KillerMuffin said:
You're not obliquely referring to the soapy hosing thing again, are you?

whoah...that was a while ago...i hope we aren't bringing it back up.

English Lady said:
Chicklet..maybe we could form our own clique? :D

I approve. our own clique it is. I will follow you around posting after every single one of your posts, occasionally saying *av stalk* or something along those lines.

Last edited:
Chicklet said:
<chicklet says nothing, but silently adds DVS to her "ignore" list>

whoah...that was a while ago...i hope we aren't bringing it back up.
Does someone need a butt warming? Whoah is right! Oh, and I did see the above, too. :)

deliciously_naughty said:
I've never felt like I "joined" a clique here on purpose....I mean I was really into posting on the story ideas forum for awhile and then I lost interest, and posted more heavily on the author's forum. At no point did I not feel welcome here, though.

And for the record...I Believe in Fairies

I'm right there with you DN. I never quite fit in, I posted often for a while but always felt I had become the thread stopper... Ever want to have a thread die just let me know I'll post and it'll never be heard from again.

Met some great people here though. Enjoy lurking just don't post much anymore.

Quote from NASA: "Women need a reason for sex, men just need a place."

JJ1: You can join my clique if you want. I like your posts. Just not sure what to say after them :D.

The Earl

Earl: I thought I was your clique. I'm going to report you to Krap, or Crak or whoever.

bruised Pear :(

TheEarl said:
JJ1: You can join my clique if you want. I like your posts. Just not sure what to say after them :D.

The Earl
[/QUOTE

That's either because I am incredibly profound or absolutely so dim witted I leave all speachless. But I definitely appreciate the come back!

JJ1]

ps Earl, Clean out your PM box

Back