Colorado Supreme Court removes Trump from 2024 ballot

Just gonna say that I’m almost always in awe from my personal friends and many here on the left. Love the arguing of degrees, nuance, and grey areas. I imagine that this is the type of discussion the initial judge had and the Colorado Supreme Court argued over. Meanwhile, in Butthurtlandia, it’s “Wah, dems don’t play fair!”

What does this have to do with anything I've posted?
Are you being deliberately obtuse?

You’ve made 6 or 7 posts saying trump hasn’t been found guilty of anything yet. You also posted everyone knows he’s guilty,

My posts reply to that directly in that his cases need to be in court before he has the opportunity to try and pardon himself.

And I also fail to see why self proclaimed leftist RR is liking posts questioning that premise.

You’ve made 6 or 7 posts saying trump hasn’t been found guilty of anything yet. You also posted everyone knows he’s guilty,

My posts reply to that directly in that his cases need to be in court before he has the opportunity to try and pardon himself.

And I also fail to see why self proclaimed leftist RR is liking posts questioning that premise.
No, I'm repeating for the obtuse and sticking to the point. Do you need me to repeat it again for you to get it and to remain on the subject?

No, I'm repeating for the obtuse and sticking to the point. Do you need me to repeat it again for you to get it and to remain on the subject?
I know full well what you said, I can read. My own posts were on the subject so once more were you being deliberately obtuse?

Police arrested a suspect who allegedly broke into the Colorado Supreme Court building and opened fire.

The suspect, who has only been identified as an "adult male," allegedly shot through a window to enter the Ralph L. Carr Colorado Judicial Center, which houses the Colorado Supreme Court, early Tuesday morning, The Denver Post reported.

After entering the building, he allegedly held an unarmed security officer at gunpoint and took their keys. While inside the building, the man allegedly shot at police, who did not return fire, the newspaper reported. He also fired additional shots on the seventh floor of the building. Nobody was injured, and the Carr building is set to remain closed throughout Tuesday.

https://www.newsweek.com/colorado-supreme-court-shooting-suspect-what-we-know-1857122

Where's ReichGuide?

As expected, SCOTUS has agreed to take up Trump’s appeal. They will hold a hearing on February 8th. Meanwhile, today is the last day for the CO Secretary of State to certify the names and party affiliations of the candidates to be placed on the March 5th Presidential Primary Election ballot.

In other words, Trump will be on the March 5th ballot in Colorado.

In other words, Trump will be on the March 5th ballot in Colorado.
So? The Colorado SC decision was never about if Trump could be on the ballot. It was about his eligibility to be on the ballot and they ruled he shouldn't be. Until such time as SCOTUS actually rules, their ruling stands ( in abeyance), and your comments are kind of mute.

But I get you like to run around have something to gloat about, so fill your boots!

So? The Colorado SC decision was never about if Trump could be on the ballot. It was about his eligibility to be on the ballot and they ruled he shouldn't be. Until such time as SCOTUS actually rules, their ruling stands ( in abeyance), and your comments are kind of mute.

But I get you like to run around have something to gloat about, so fill your boots!
Both Maine and Colorado rulings are stayed until SCOTUS rules.

What are you talking about? The four justices on the Colorado Supreme Court concluded that the Jan. 6 assault constituted an insurrection, and ruled Trump's actions "constituted overt, voluntary and direct participation in the insurrection." Colorado heard the case and found Trump guilty of overt, voluntary and direct participation in the insurrection. ie guilty of insurrection.

What are you talking about? The four justices on the Colorado Supreme Court concluded that the Jan. 6 assault constituted an insurrection, and ruled Trump's actions "constituted overt, voluntary and direct participation in the insurrection." Colorado heard the case and found Trump guilty of overt, voluntary and direct participation in the insurrection. ie guilty of insurrection.
Yeah but their opinion biased sources of “information” don’t care about facts… so how could they have any of this information? @Rightguide

Yeah but their opinion biased sources of “information” don’t care about facts… so how could they have any of this information? @Rightguide
Title 18 U.S. Code 2383 rebellion and insurrection states the crime of insurrection at the federal level can be charged when perpetrators destroy government property or assault public officers. Their opinion is based on around the court cases were in 170 people have been convicted at trial, for their actions during Jan 6th violating Title 18 U.S. Code 2383. With about 350 cases still pending.. Everything in Washington DC is federal property every cop in DC is a public officer. Many if not all perpetrators stated there acted or were inspired to act on behalf of their president...

Trump's rhetoric without question inspires people and there is hours and hours and hours of Trump saying "Stop the steal" and "Take our country back" and plenty of evidence many on Jan 6th were inspired destroy federal property and assault DC police because of that rhetoric.. What more information does someone need?

I'll grant you some may not understand what the crime of insurrection is legally defined as, but once you know, just ask yourself did J6er's assault the police? Did they destroy federal property? Then ask were those who did destroy and assault inspired by Trump's speeches?

The answer to those questions are yes...

Here are my questions...

How can anyone who has seen the news footage of Jan 6th say they have no information that destruction of federal property occured and that police officers were assaulted? How can anyone who has listened to Trump's incessant rhetoric since he lost say it doesn;t inspire people?

At this point, three years after the failed coup attempt, anyone who truly believes that Trump did not incite an insurrection simply hasn't been paying attention or is willfully ignoring the televised footage.

The man incited an insurrection.

The insurrection failed.

The 14th amendment clearly applies, all lollygagging aside.

"Hitler never committed a war crime because he was never convicted of one. Due Process!"

He undoubtedly did it--chief insurrectionist of a thus-far (but still trying) coup attempt.

That said, I'll bet the Supreme Court rules he hasn't had due process on that yet and leaves him on ballots across the United States.

He undoubtedly did it--chief insurrectionist of a thus-far (but still trying) coup attempt.

That said, I'll bet the Supreme Court rules he hasn't had due process on that yet and leaves him on ballots across the United States.

The idea that a State can determine who is eligible or not based on the beliefs of a single individual is anathema to both our society and the rule of law. It leads nowhere except to anarchy and chaos.

The SCOTUS has no choice except to take this case and reverse the lower court decisions.

The best part is that all of the idjits who are claiming that Trump isn't eligible are going to end up looking like fools.

The bad part is that unless the SCOTUS decides that the 14th doesn't apply to the Office Of The President, the result of their decision will be that several Democrat states will immediately charge Trump with insurrection and convict him in a kangaroo court then claim he's no longer eligible. A patently illegal ploy which leads directly to the aforementioned anarchy and chaos but one which progressives seem to be ok with. Because Trump.

The idea that a State can determine who is eligible or not based on the beliefs of a single individual is anathema to both our society and the rule of law. It leads nowhere except to anarchy and chaos.

The SCOTUS has no choice except to take this case and reverse the lower court decisions.

The best part is that all of the idjits who are claiming that Trump isn't eligible are going to end up looking like fools.

The bad part is that unless the SCOTUS decides that the 14th doesn't apply to the Office Of The President, the result of their decision will be that several Democrat states will immediately charge Trump with insurrection and convict him in a kangaroo court then claim he's no longer eligible. A patently illegal ploy which leads directly to the aforementioned anarchy and chaos but one which progressives seem to be ok with. Because Trump.
If it was illegal to convict someone in court with due process there would be no crimes anywhere. It’s almost as if you have no idea how our legal system works.

For the Primary ballot I can see that. My fear is they will only rule on that issue, that he has to be actually elected to office, before the 14th can be used. So a final decision may not come before SCOTUS until after the November election. If that is the case I do wonder if SCOTUS will sort it out before Jan 21 2025.

For the Primary ballot I can see that. My fear is they will only rule on that issue, that he has to be actually elected to office, before the 14th can be used. So a final decision may not come before SCOTUS until after the November election. If that is the case I do wonder if SCOTUS will sort it out before Jan 21 2025.
Donald Trump and his lawyer think the fix is in, and the Supreme Court owes him a ruling on this matter in his favor.

I'm thinking they're hoping he'll lose (again) and they won't have to rule because it's moot.

Back