Companion to the Five in Five

Wow, PG and Tz you sure have got a lot of stamina — I'm exhausted just watching you!!

Great stuff too — and a big welcome to Dahlia's Sorrow.

Wow, PG and Tz you sure have got a lot of stamina — I'm exhausted just watching you!!

Great stuff too — and a big welcome to Dahlia's Sorrow.
Well, as you know, El, poetry is hard work. Thanks for the compliment.

I just like the idea that PG is chasing after my ass, for a change.

Um, that's meant as metaphor, I hope.

And let me welcome Dahlia as well.

Well, as you know, El, poetry is hard work. Thanks for the compliment.

I just like the idea that PG is chasing after my ass, for a change.

LOL — well if your ass has the honour of having young PG chasing after it then all I can say is that I hope your ass is worthy!

I spy England. I spy France.
Spy Sara Crewe, our hierophant.

BJ and PG would perhaps disagree with that characterization. I is not big on the Tarot, as one might guess.

Good to see you write a poem again, Ms. Crewe. It's been too long. :)

Thanks PG, El and Tz. You are producing some inspiring stuff.

Today's poem actually bounced from reading something of PG's. It went a different place but that's where it started --so thank you.

:rose:

Last edited:

Today's poem actually bounced from reading something of PG's. It went a different place but that's where it started --so thank you.

Interesting, I thought I saw a connection to PG when I first read that poem. Nice to know that wasn't just a crazy thought.

That's very flattering. I'm happy to be m-useful. :cattail:

You are a hottie, Sara. I'd say you win. :)

Dammit, PG!! Are you looking at my stairs av again? I told you not to do that! I feel violated ...it's almost like I've been climbed. Control yourself and look away!! Look at some boobies so you can cool off.

;)

Dammit, PG!! Are you looking at my stairs av again? I told you not to do that! I feel violated ...it's almost like I've been climbed. Control yourself and look away!! Look at some boobies so you can cool off.

;)

Actually it wasn't the stairs so much as the railings *drool, drool.*:rose:

Just gotta say that there is some awesomely great poetry in the 5/5 from this last round. I loved being blown away by it.

Just gotta say that there is some awesomely great poetry in the 5/5 from this last round. I loved being blown away by it.
I agree. There really is. (Gentlemanly of Mr. Tzara to keep Sara company to the end of her run, too.) Thank you, Eluard. Your praise means the world to me.

Tzara, Losing My Religion is quite stellar. Full of so many great visuals, it literally makes me see your point.

Tzara, Losing My Religion is quite stellar. Full of so many great visuals, it literally makes me see your point.
Why thank you, Your Sassiness. You, Dora, and Sara all wrote some great poems this time around.

Great run, Sara. The clarity and depth of your writing is stunning.

Great job, Sassy, too! Your Cadence especially. :rose:

One more for a ten, Tz! Maybe Lit needs a 10 in 10 thread? :cattail:

One more for a ten, Tz! Maybe Lit needs a 10 in 10 thread? :cattail:
I missed yesterday, though, and I think also did two on the same day, so it wouldn't count, 'cording to the Rules.

I think I'm more open to a Two Poems in Five Days or One Good Poem in a Blue Moon or something.

Three Days in Nine Poems? Canto of the Month Club? Poems in the Key of Eve?

Maybe not.

Why thank you, Your Sassiness. You, Dora, and Sara all wrote some great poems this time around.

One of the things I love most about this thread, is the company I found myself in. Being in the presence of such collective talent inspires me greatly. In a sense, my poems are as much yours as they are mine. You guys prompted a lot more from my pen than I thought was there. For that, I thank you all. :rose:

Pandora, funny you should mention the 10 in 10 idea. I was just thinking, I feel a second wind...I might go for another round. :) I could probably do this challenge repeatedly, but the thought of doing the 30/30 makes me break out in hives.
(spoken like a chick with commitment issues) Must be a mind fuck thing. My attraction to the 5/5 is it's brevity. It's so to the point. I think the idea that I can come back to it whenever I want after doing a solid 5 is the draw for me. Even if I did a continuous run, knowing I don't have to do it might give me some steam to run on. Somehow, starting over each time at #1 makes it feel like a new feat. Go figure.

So let's see....
I'm tallying up. So far, I've got issues with commitment, an aversion to confinement by way of rules and an overall tendency to be contrary. Oh.....and commitment.

Last edited:
Back