Degrees of BDSM?

the Royal wench said:
Thank you. I have seen gradual changes in myself in the last couple of years as my sexual limits have broadened. With each limit I have felt freer to feel the extent of what I can feel. In that time period I have also seen how I tend to be submissive in my relationships outside the realm of sex but ironically I have also learned that I have to be responsible for my own needs and well-being. That is, if the relationship isn't right for me, get out of it rather than getting stuck in the mode of submitting outside of the realm of sex to something that is not healthy for me.

I hope I don't sound like a snob in reverse ever in that I don't understand completely the depths to which some subs give up control over there entire lives because I do still respect them for doing what is right for them. I also recognize that that giving up of control is a gift they are in control of giving, especially if they have the sense of self-worth to give it only to those who deserve it.

I think it important any sub know what they are doing before ever consider giving up complete control to anyone. To many rush in blindly, don't ask questions, don't think whether the answers match the actions, fall in love with the fantasy and pay for it with reality. Being happy is necessary to survive and grow.

Catalina :rose:

Catalina is absolutely right. I was not making a personal reference, instead I was referring more to past discussions about "who's more submissive" that we have had here at Lit. I certainly did not mean to imply that the Royal wench's questions were inappropriate, and I would hope that she would stay with our community.

Etoile said:
Catalina is absolutely right. I was not making a personal reference, instead I was referring more to past discussions about "who's more submissive" that we have had here at Lit. I certainly did not mean to imply that the Royal wench's questions were inappropriate, and I would hope that she would stay with our community.

Thank you, Etoile. I believe I have at the very least some more exploring to do here yet.:)

Back