Do Family, Friends, Co-Workers know you're into BDSM?

I was wondering if anyone close to you knows that you are into bdsm? How did they find out? Do you share your experiences with them?

Once upon a time I was at a convention with a female business associate who happens to be vanilla in nature. Somehow the topic of handcuffs with sex came up and she asked me if I ever did that? Then I shared with her my life as a domme. I told her about a few of my subs who are into it. We then talked and joked about some of the stories I shared.

Kindly feel free to share yours.
no no one knows of my bdsm

Friends yes, but not all of them. Family and co-workers no. Although, I think sex and kink positive people do give off a certain vibe that lets people know they’re GGG even if the specifics are somewhat vague.

Last edited:
Only my best friend knows
My theory I've learned after working with teenagers and young women for years: You can tell your best friend your secret, knowing you can trust her with anything. BUT she will tell one of her best friends YOUR secret because she can trust her with anything. Then that friend tells HER bestie...and it goes on and on. Soon, everyone knows your secret, but they're all "keeping it." ;)

My theory I've learned after working with teenagers and young women for years: You can tell your best friend your secret, knowing you can trust her with anything. BUT she will tell one of her best friends YOUR secret because she can trust her with anything. Then that friend tells HER bestie...and it goes on and on. Soon, everyone knows your secret, but they're all "keeping it." ;)
That's where I'm soooo blessed to have the Lovely Domme Wife that I do... I'm soooo proud of Her, proud to be Hers, that she could put it on a billboard, or truss me up and whip me on the town square and I'd be just fine with it!

Back