Do they HONESTLY Think...

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's no good reason to avoid writing and posting to LW, if that's the category which best fits your story.

If you need the ratings and good comments feedback for your writing to feel good, you give power to those who can 1-bomb it and say something bad.

Stop empowering the ignorant! Look for constructive feedback and ignore the rest.

I generally agree with this. The one consideration that would give me pause about posting a story in Loving Wives is the concern that some nasty readers might downvote the rest of my stories, which could hurt my ability to reach out to the audience I want.

If you need the ratings and good comments feedback for your writing to feel good, you give power to those who can 1-bomb it and say something bad.
Some fights aren't worth fighting, and no one should feel forced to post in a category as combative as LW if they don't want to. I'm working on a story for April Fool's that is a natural fit for LW, but I'm not about to post it there.

It's the same reason I stay out of politics and religion boards, its not something I want to put myself through.

If you're worried about cross-contamination, create a new ID solely for that purpose.

I've wondered more than once if some of these commenters have been cheated on and want some kind of vicarious retribution.
I have to say - that is, i think, a big part of it. Its a fantasy revenge that would, could and SHOULD never be considered in real life - but in fantasyland it is a prefectly safe outlet for lingering emotions.
What I have found more 'disturbing' that the readers comments - is the attitude of other authors - I thought that they at least understood the difference between fantasy and reality. One such who suggested that not only should this particular story be removed from the site but everything I have written should also be removed, no matter its content or message.
I expet trolling feedback in LW its the nature of the beast - you post there then you take your chances. But to be trolled by other authors in the forums, is more of an issue.

I was told by one commenter on a LW story I wrote that I simply don't have the talent to write for that category.

I was told by one commenter on a LW story I wrote that I simply don't have the talent to write for that category.
I would personally take that as an extreme compliment coming from those crazies. I refer you back to LC's comment that LW is trash written by trash for trash. - which was directed at the time - at me. I do so like that guy or girl whichever.

I generally agree with this. The one consideration that would give me pause about posting a story in Loving Wives is the concern that some nasty readers might downvote the rest of my stories, which could hurt my ability to reach out to the audience I want.
You empower the trolls with any obsession over your ratings.

I notice you even tread lightly here in the forum, possibly over offending some other author who will then 1-bomb all of your stories.

Yes, that's happened to me, after an exchange here. Some author feels victorious because every story of mine was 1-bombed within an hour. It's amazing that such people have no other life. So, I feel good for giving them a reason to live.

Some fights aren't worth fighting, and no one should feel forced to post in a category as combative as LW if they don't want to. I'm working on a story for April Fool's that is a natural fit for LW, but I'm not about to post it there.

It's the same reason I stay out of politics and religion boards, its not something I want to put myself through.
It's only a fight if you take and feel the punch.

When they 1-bomb and leave shitty comments on my stories, they're swinging at their own imaginary target.

It's only a fight if you take and feel the punch.

When they 1-bomb and leave shitty comments on my stories, they're swinging at their own imaginary target.
You do you. I'm not fighting with morons. This isn't some holy war that needs to be fought.

I have written a lot of LW stories(fiction) and yes I have received a lot of stupid comments from stupid readers. Yet I know I have the power. In most cases I leave the comments there, but in some, quite a lot, I just delete them and move on. It's no skin off my nose if some asshole who had his wife cheat on him and then probably left him, doesn't like what I write about. Fuck them. I'll keep writing what I want, when I want, for those who like my stuff.

You empower the trolls with any obsession over your ratings.

I notice you even tread lightly here in the forum, possibly over offending some other author who will then 1-bomb all of your stories.

Yes, that's happened to me, after an exchange here. Some author feels victorious because every story of mine was 1-bombed within an hour. It's amazing that such people have no other life. So, I feel good for giving them a reason to live.

It had not occurred to me that another author here would 1-bomb my stories because of something I say, and that's never been a factor in my determining what I do and don't say here. I wouldn't really care if they did because it would not materially change my stories' scores. It's amazing to me that anyone would be so low as to do that. That's the scummiest of the scummy, in my view. I've never done that and I never will.

I don't think of myself as "treading lightly." I freely give my opinion and sometimes it pisses people off. I try, with arguable degrees of success, to do two things: first, not to take disagreement personally and get personally nasty with people or make personal assumptions about them, and second, not to assume I know the facts about the site and what it does when the truth is that I (and everybody else here) am just guessing much of the time.

It had not occurred to me that another author here would 1-bomb my stories because of something I say, and that's never been a factor in my determining what I do and don't say here. I wouldn't really care if they did because it would not materially change my stories' scores. It's amazing to me that anyone would be so low as to do that. That's the scummiest of the scummy, in my view. I've never done that and I never will.

I don't think of myself as "treading lightly." I freely give my opinion and sometimes it pisses people off. I try, with arguable degrees of success, to do two things: first, not to take disagreement personally and get personally nasty with people or make personal assumptions about them, and second, not to assume I know the facts about the site and what it does when the truth is that I (and everybody else here) am just guessing much of the time.
Sadly not everyone is the same.

It had not occurred to me that another author here would 1-bomb my stories because of something I say, and that's never been a factor in my determining what I do and don't say here.
I've had it happen. I've even had them referring to the discussion board postings when they did it. And, no, it's never a factor in what I do or post here or what I write for the story file. It does often affect my scores, because my primary category isn't a high-reading area on this Web site. It's life on the Internet, and I was around before the Internet, so I just take it with all the good stuff in having the Internet.

I've had it happen. I've even had them referring to the discussion board postings when they did it. And, no, it's never a factor in what I do or post here or what I write for the story file. It does often affect my scores, because my primary category isn't a high-reading area on this Web site. It's life on the Internet, and I was around before the Internet, so I just take it with all the good stuff in having the Internet.
I kind of assumed that the spats we had in here - were confined to the boards. That as an author doing something as childish and purile as onebombing a story just because we scrapped in the forums wouldnt even occur to them. It's sad that that is not the case. But possibly may explain why some of my stories that were high rated are now not so highly rated. Or it might not. I would love to see the spread of scores on my stories - how many of each number i got - someone once said it was possible but i never figured out if it was or how.

I kind of assumed that the spats we had in here - were confined to the boards. That as an author doing something as childish and purile as onebombing a story just because we scrapped in the forums wouldnt even occur to them. It's sad that that is not the case. But possibly may explain why some of my stories that were high rated are now not so highly rated. Or it might not. I would love to see the spread of scores on my stories - how many of each number i got - someone once said it was possible but i never figured out if it was or how.
Yes, you have exactly the kind of posting history here that would prompt reaction voting on your stories.

I think I have the classic example, which has been noted by others. When I was first posting stories in the sr71plt account, I was frequently receiving "editor's choice" Green Es from Laurel. When she got irritated with me pointing out on the discussion board how the site was not cleaning out deadwood or responding to the users, she called me a troll on the board. After that, no more Green Es. I don't think my story quality dropped out on that day. This is the equivalent of responding to discussion here with a downvote in the story file--and it's an equivalent that extend all the way to the top of the power chain here.

Yes, you have exactly the kind of posting history here that would prompt reaction voting on your stories
Can't argue with that.
its still a shitty thing to do though. Not that it makes any difference. It certainly doesnt seem to affect my followers or reader numbers.

I don't know that this has happened to me, but I don't get into a lot of spats in the forum, and there have been a couple of occasions on which I have, and shortly thereafter got one bombed, so I suspect it does happen.

"Speak of the devil."

It just happened again to several of my stories! Not that I care. But I look at several for comments, and noticed.

I made some shithead's life worthwhile!

"Speak of the devil."

It just happened again to several of my stories! Not that I care. But I look at several for comments, and noticed.

I made some shithead's life worthwhile!
wasnt me - guv honest.

besides it never even occurring to me - until this thread - I dont think i've rowed with you - yet?

wasnt me - guv honest.

besides it never even occurring to me - until this thread - I dont think i've rowed with you - yet?
The reason I even noticed was one story over a year old got the red H after my latest story referenced it. Within the last 2-3 hours, it lost the H with one added vote. Then I saw all others with the H also went down slightly due to one more vote. One of them had only 18 votes until now with 19.

As I said, it's happened before. So, I've come to ignore monkeys throwing their turds. It's all they've got to live for.

The reason I even noticed was one story over a year old got the red H after my latest story referenced it. Within the last 2-3 hours, it lost the H with one added vote. Then I saw all others with the H also went down slightly due to one more vote. One of them had only 18 votes until now with 19.

As I said, it's happened before. So, I've come to ignore monkeys throwing their turds. It's all they've got to live for.
I have a couple of stories rated 4.91 and one rated 4.92 all of a sudden it was like 4.78 with only 1 or 2 extra votes.
I figured I'd been one bombed
It didnt occur to me that it would be someone of the forums.

I have a couple of stories rated 4.91 and one rated 4.92 all of a sudden it was like 4.78 with only 1 or 2 extra votes.
I figured I'd been one bombed
It didnt occur to me that it would be someone of the forums.

Bear in mind that there may be lurkers who never engage you on the forums, but still take umbrage with something you've posted, and take it out on your story scores.

Bear in mind that there may be lurkers who never engage you on the forums, but still take umbrage with something you've posted, and take it out on your story scores.
I dont understand - how could ANYONE take umbrage with anything I say???

(you really dont need to answer that)

I wasn't sure on which thread to post this on, this one, or the one Major Rewrite started in the feedback forum, but it applies to both so I'll put it in both.

Putting this simply, when did hate and violence become a sexual kink?

Because that's what it is in the LW section.

Incest and N/C are things no one should condone in real life, but they are-in the realm of fantasy-sexual kinks/fetishes. So is cheating/hotwife/cuck stories, they're meant here as a fetish not things we should be doing(unless everyone is fine with it)

But to have a readership getting off to murder and torture in an erotic category, that means that's what they're being aroused by.

The fact all this happens not to rapists or murderers or child molesters, mobsters, or all around scum that deserve it, but for the 'crime' of cheating makes it even worse.

I have as low of an opinion of people who cheat in REAL LIFE as anyone, but its not something someone should be killed over.

This new fetish appeals to incels and 'men' who hate any woman who wasn't a virgin when she married and acts like a 1950's housewife. The type with real hate and venom seething in them are the ones who get off to this.

That's what some authors there want as a base, and that's what this site is happy to cater to here. There is or was a no torture for titillation here, but its obviously as well enforced, even less so, than anything else.

These stories can go in non erotic or novels and novellas and be fine, but putting it in an erotic category completely changes the tone.

The OP is familiar enough with the category to know he'd do well, and why. Then he comes here to brag in the disguise of looking for discussion and not liking where its for the most part going.

I'll never tell anyone what they can and can't write, but what they write can be very telling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back