He has a booger
a finger digs with frenzy
ahh, sweet sweet relief

I think I've got it:

Is that a man with a bill
at the door?
No, it's a duck in a hat!

Nitpicking

To be 100% true to the traditional Japanese form of Haikus, Gab, you shouldn't let one sentence run for two lines. It should be 3 sentences on one lines each:

Clouds cover heaven.
Winds bring first drops of cold rain.
Storm is approaching.

Curtains (a haiku in asphyxia)

The silk cord slides tight.
I writhe in breathless release.
The black drape closes.

Re: Nitpicking

Svenskaflicka said:
To be 100% true to the traditional Japanese form of Haikus, Gab, you shouldn't let one sentence run for two lines. It should be 3 sentences on one lines each:

Clouds cover heaven.
Winds bring first drops of cold rain.
Storm is approaching.
Bugger silly Haikus.
Please let me do it my way.
One last sentence.

(you don't get very good sentences with Haikus, do you? I guess that's just poetry.)

That's because this type of verses were invented for the Japanese language. I've heard that Haikus sound lovely when read in Japanese. The syllables and sentences are just perfect.

Strange sounds behind door.
Are Mom and Dad...? Shit, they are!
Now need therapy.

Re: Re: Haiku

Originally posted by Svenskaflicka "Perfect, lovely, Japanese syllables..."*smacks forehead*;)
Thank you, dear Svenska. Love your new AV.
MG
Ps.
Oh, joy unrestrained
home run bottom of the ninth
my heart is happy

Last edited:
Re: Baseball haiku

MathGirl said:
Oh joy, happy days
A grand eleven game lead
Western Division
Bonds is an asshole.
Selfish, conceited, but great.
I hate Dodgers more.

And Mille... As the fat former Philadelphia Phillie first baseman John Kruk once stated to a woman who told his big ass that he didn't look like an athlete, "Lady, I ain't no athlete. I'm a ballplayer." Now that's poetry.

Re: Re: Baseball haiku

lovinanalandy said:
Bonds is an asshole.
Selfish, conceited, but great.
I hate Dodgers more.

And Mille... As the fat former Philadelphia Phillie first baseman John Kruk once stated to a woman who told his big ass that he didn't look like an athlete, "Lady, I ain't no athlete. I'm a ballplayer." Now that's poetry.
Dear LAL,
After John Kruk had a cancerous testicle removed, he wore a shirt that said, "Let me play, or I'll take my ball and go home."

Perfect analysis of Bonds. Glad he plays for my team.

My favorite team is whoever the Dodgers are playing. Don't care who wins as long as LA loses. I probably need therapy.
MG

You don't need therapy. (Well, maybe you do, who am I to say? But not about this.) I feel the same way about the Yankees and Red Sox. The Dodgers are simply their N.L. equivalent.

I had forgotten that Kruk quote. That's great stuff, thanks for reminding me. I miss him; I can't watch that terrible Fox Sports show on which he sometimes appears. Now all we're left with for entertaining first basemen is Mark Grace. Years ago while playing for Chicago, he was asked what reading material he kept in his bathroom. His response: "You mean besides Hustler?"
And while we're quoting ballplayers, here's maybe my all-time fave from the dearly departed Dan Quisenberry, Royals relief ace from the 1980s. The Quiz, describing a vicarious experience: "I had the time of his life."

P.S. I'm really coveting your season tickets. PacBell looks gorgeous; I can't wait to see a game there.
P.P.S. My S/O likes the Giants cuz she thinks Benito Santiago is really cute. Don't know what that says about my looks, but I don't think it's good.

Originally posted by lovinanalandy My S/O likes the Giants cuz she thinks Benito Santiago is really cute.
Good grief! The last adjective I'd use to describe Benito is "cute." He has a face like a basset hound or one of those Chinese dogs with too much skin. He doesn't get paid to be pretty, though. Giants had a catcher a couple of years ago (Bobby Estalea) who was pretty and barely hit .200. I'll take Benito, anytime.
MG
Ps.
Benito looks old
but he hits like a mofo
I'll take Benito

Last edited:
lovinanalandy said:
Now all we're left with for entertaining first basemen is Mark Grace. Years ago while playing for Chicago, he was asked what reading material he kept in his bathroom. His response: "You mean besides Hustler?"

That's shocking!:eek:

Everyone knows Penthouse has much better articles...

Back