Favorite Movie Quotes

Yeah, but Teri Garr squealed the tires on a Ford Station wagon!!!

As an owner of an old Ford…. I am confident… it was a sound effect only. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
This is why we need geeks to keep films honest. You catch impossible car stuff and I catch inappropriate comic book placements. If it's set in the 60s, don't throw in a 1995 comic and think no one will notice.

This is why we need geeks to keep films honest. You catch impossible car stuff and I catch inappropriate comic book placements. If it's set in the 60s, don't throw in a 1995 comic and think no one will notice.
Years ago, a good friend of mine bought “The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen” on DVD, having never seen it before. He said he saw the opening scene, I think they flash a date of 1899 or something up, and then a tank rolls on screen. And he was furious!!! He pulled the DVD out, threw it or broke it (or both) and never saw anything in the movie. Apparently, that was so horrific, that no more watching was needed.

Not that I can talk, I tried to watch UrineWorld with Kevin Costner… he drinks his pee… I was done. There was nothing anyone could possibly do to entice me to watch anything of that garbage again. Ever. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

LXG was an abortion that paid no attention to the source material and legend has it that it made Sean Connery retire. If you read the original comic there was a lot of strange tech for 1899 but within the book it made sense. The movie just threw shit together.

LXG was an abortion that paid no attention to the source material and legend has it that it made Sean Connery retire. If you read the original comic there was a lot of strange tech for 1899 but within the book it made sense. The movie just threw shit together.
🤣🤣🤣 Even in context, I did not immediately get that “LXG” meant League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen. 🤣🤣🤣

I like the movie. But there are lots of pretty bad movie I really like. I enjoy watching “Battleship”, even Hudson Hawk makes me laugh. I think real life has been too painful, so silly and ridiculous appeals to me. Last night I watched Herbie Rides Again… which has a scene with the VW driving through San Francisco, honking it’s horn (which doesn’t match the previous Herbie movie), and all the VW’s in town start following him to help. Including one broken down wreck from a junkyard. I guess I would much rather fantasize about people being loving and supportive of each other than the reality of the world we live in today. 🥰🥰🥰🥰

🤣🤣🤣 Even in context, I did not immediately get that “LXG” meant League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen. 🤣🤣🤣

I like the movie. But there are lots of pretty bad movie I really like. I enjoy watching “Battleship”, even Hudson Hawk makes me laugh. I think real life has been too painful, so silly and ridiculous appeals to me. Last night I watched Herbie Rides Again… which has a scene with the VW driving through San Francisco, honking it’s horn (which doesn’t match the previous Herbie movie), and all the VW’s in town start following him to help. Including one broken down wreck from a junkyard. I guess I would much rather fantasize about people being loving and supportive of each other than the reality of the world we live in today. 🥰🥰🥰🥰

Sorry to hear that life has been painful for you as of late. Music and movies serve as a great mental cleanser and I certainly think that you should surround yourself with a healthy support system and consider speaking with a counselor.

“Oh, hi Mark.”

We get yearly physicals for our bodies and I believe we should do so for our minds as well. Yeah, terrible movies are entertaining. Peace to you.

Last edited:

I kinda liked LXG as well, total Hollywood drivel but sometimes that’s the escapism I need.
I’m in agreement with you on escaping into silly and ridiculous movies, I find myself doing that more and more as the gritty reality of life and the awful things that people do to one another become harder for me to process. I’m getting to where I avoid that stuff in movies.
Case in point- I just watched Support Your Local Sheriff for the umpteenth time the other night, I enjoy watching Joan Hackett and James Garner, they were engaging.

Two days ago I saw a vehicle that would haul that tanker. You want to get out of here, you talk to me.

How may I help you?

You can start by wiping that fucking dumb-ass smile off your rosey, fucking, cheeks! And you can give me a fucking automobile: a fucking Datsun, a fucking Toyota, a fucking Mustang, a fucking Buick! Four fucking wheels and a seat!”
planes trains and automobiles.

Rick: How can you close me up? On what grounds?
Captain Renault: I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here!
[a croupier hands Renault a pile of money]
Croupier: Your winnings, sir.
Captain Renault: [sotto voce] Oh, thank you very much.
Casablanca

War Face sir you've got a war face ah that's the war face now let me see your war. Face bullshit you didn't convince me let me see your real war. Face. You don't scare me work on it say yes sir.
It's here. The thing is that over time Hartman grows to appreciate Joker's sheer nerve and tenacity. Later, he puts him in charge of the squad. Click YouTube link to watch video on their site.

Another war, but military training has been the same for thousands of years.

"You prissy little schoolgirl; you're the worst soldier in this whole company."

LXG was an abortion that paid no attention to the source material . . . . The movie just threw shit together.
I've said the same about The Postman, which is one of my favorite novels. Kevin Costner managed to put in less gratuitous sex and violence than David Brin put in the novel! That movie came out over 25 years ago and I'm still angry about it! :mad:

Back