Favorite Movie Quotes

“The powerful play goes on and you may contribute a verse.”
Dead Poets Society

Colonel Von Luger, it is the sworn duty of all officers to try to escape. If they cannot escape, then it is their sworn duty to cause the enemy to use an inordinate number of troops to guard them, and their sworn duty to harass the enemy to the best of their ability.

Dead Poets Society

Colonel Von Luger, it is the sworn duty of all officers to try to escape. If they cannot escape, then it is their sworn duty to cause the enemy to use an inordinate number of troops to guard them, and their sworn duty to harass the enemy to the best of their ability.
The Great Escape. Outstanding movie with an amazing cast. They won't make its like again.

"To a New Yorker like you, a 'hero' is some type of weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers."

Kelly's Heroes! Another great classic with an amazing cast!

"My name is no jest, beanpole. It's all very well to have a short name when you're twenty feet tall, but small people need large names to give them weight."

Krull. A fixture on cable when I was in high school, but I was never a fan. However, my "little" brother was a good eight inches taller than me, so that line got some use.

"Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something."

Princess Bride

”It’s not my goddamn planet. Understand monkey boy?”
Almost not fair - I have a Team Banzai tattoo.

The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the Eighth Dimension.

"Welcome to the inside of your head. It's kind of empty in here..."

"Kimi no hitomi ni kanpai.''

This is from the Japanese dub of Casablanca. It is their version of "Here's looking at you kid," and, directly translated back, it says "Cheers to your eyes." I love that.

Back