Favorite Movie Quotes

"Then get out! Go anywhere you want, go to a hotel, go live with her, but don't come back. Because after twenty-five years of building a home and raising a family and all the senseless pain that we have inflicted on each other, I'm damned if I'm going to stand here and have you tell me you're in love with somebody else. Because this isn't a convention weekend with your secretary, is it? Or - or some broad that you picked up after three belts of booze. This is your great winter romance, isn't it? Your last roar of passion before you settle into your emeritus years. Is that what's left for me? Is that my share? She gets the winter passion, and I get the dotage? What am I supposed to do? Am I supposed to sit home knitting and purling while you slink back like some penitent drunk? I'm your wife, damn it. And if you can't work up a winter passion for me, the least I require is respect and allegiance. I hurt, don't you understand that? I hurt badly."
"I'm your wife, dammit, and if you can't work up a winter passion for me, the least I require is respect and allegiance." One of the greatest film lines ever, and Beatrice Straight nails it so well. Five minutes and change, and she so absolutely deserved the Oscar.

"I'm your wife, dammit, and if you can't work up a winter passion for me, the least I require is respect and allegiance." One of the greatest film lines ever, and Beatrice Straight nails it so well. Five minutes and change, and she so absolutely deserved the Oscar.
Everyone is too busy celebrating the Howard Beale stuff they forget about this.
Outstanding film, script, & acting all round.

D5q6RRd.jpeg

Attachments

• D5q6RRd.jpeg
    D5q6RRd.jpeg
    99 KB · Views: 1
Oh I love it when Casablanca is actually quoted correctly. 🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰
Rick: Mostly I remember the last one. The wow finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out.
Ilsa: Can I tell you a story, Rick?
Rick: Has it got a wow finish?
Ilsa: I don't know the finish yet.
Rick: Well, go on. Tell it - maybe one will come to you as you go along.

Back