Feb. contest

Would you still participate in the monthly contest without a prize?

• Yes

Votes: 27 81.8%
  • No

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • I will for now, but I want prizes in the future, damn it!

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
Re: Re: Car Sex Poetry

BooMerengue said:
I used to do a mean back seat boogie!!!

I've had my share of back seats! Mutt and I go parking sometimes at lunchtime...I love to fog up the windows and send him back to work with pussy juice in his beard!
:eek:
:rose:

Re: Re: Re: Car Sex Poetry

Miss Oatlash said:
I've had my share of back seats! Mutt and I go parking sometimes at lunchtime...I love to fog up the windows and send him back to work with pussy juice in his beard!
:eek:
:rose:

My son in law went to work that way one day (which is info I didn't need to hear, btw) about a yr ago- his boss STILL rags him about it!

Y'all are missing all the fun!

Poets Padded Room

Come see...

I would be willing to donate....

a fifty dollar gift certificate to Barnes and Nobles Books, IF there was no public voting, which I sincerely believe invalidates the contest, besides being blatantly unfair to some.

Sack:)

Re: I would be willing to donate....

sack said:
a fifty dollar gift certificate to Barnes and Nobles Books, IF there was no public voting, which I sincerely believe invalidates the contest, besides being blatantly unfair to some.

If you want to run a contest and donate the prize, you can set it up however you want. :)

sack said:

We've had contests in the past where several judges are chosen, and of course, they don't know who the authors of the poems are. I've done that on my site and it seems to work well. It would be even better if we can get someone not familiar with lit to judge a contest.

sack said:

I would be willing to enter.... :)

I have done this at my site as well. If you have several judges it could work. Of course, when I had 4 judges independently choose, they had all different opinions.

Would you have everyone send you their individual votes? That would be a lot of work for the organizers of the contest but could have its advantages.

You could do an experiment, take the first 15 votes as emails, then post the threads, the next 15 people vote on threads, see if the winners come out the same.

there wouldn't be any judges.....

I would just not enter myself, and count the votes "by hand". The poem with the most votes wins, a tie breaker might be needed but I rather doubt it. (and I would copy and paste the poems in ONE post, to avoid the uneven voting patterns of the three groups of seven).

sounds good but what about the poem at the very bottom that never gets read?

curious, how is that any more statistically sound?
there is still one on top and one on the bottom?

with them divided I read seven, thought about it, read them again, voted..... then came back and did another thread.... small bites are easier to swallow and not everyone has time to read 30 poems in one sitting let alone judge them all against each other.

Who needs prizes?

You guys inspire me, and I'm finally getting back into my writing.

I'm going to have to visit this board more often, it seems I've been missing out on all the fun.

Back