Finally: The Sheep Thread

Dear Sheep Lovers,

Here's Sheep - a cute program which is always active across all windows. A little sheep and his antics will amuse you for hours when bored with your current work. Great fun! (117k)

This is the last one. I promise

They were the first to attempt to colonize Mars. They had landed with grass seeds to plant and horse, sheep and cattle embryos. But, the grass wouldn't grow and none of the calves could survive. The horses and sheep were doing well, but there was not enough fodder to meet their needs. So they sent a message to earth asking for more sheep and horses and a replacement for the cattle and grass. They particularly wanted an animal that could be used as meat in place of beef.

Finally a space shuttle arrived with the needed supplies. The bill of lading was rushed to the leader of the colony who then spoke to his consul, "We got everything we asked for. They sent mare zygotes and doe zygotes and little lambs and ivy."

Cute Zack,
I do see you posted an av of what sheep look like to you!

Quasi, Baaaa!

damppanties, Well what can I say that is adorable and the link is funny too thanks.

This thread is too funny!

I'm very up at this early hour as I just finished a very fine date, can't sleep, etc.

I love this thread, if I do say so myself.

Rumps, loooovvvvvve "mouton ceiling".

Zack, I hope you're a ram of your word. ;)

Quas and Damp, you two tie for cutest ever sheep AV.

Phil, ref. a shepherd. If you knew your Shakespeare, you'd know that Perdita is a shepherdess of very high degree in A Winter's Tale. My Lit. name honors her, though I do answer to the Spanish pronunciation. If you want an authentic Elizabethan sounding, ask any Yorkshireman.

For the curious: the latest AV is me on my date. :p

happy Perdita :)

Perdita, I'm disappointed in you! Do you realize that you're the only one in here that isn't wearing a sheep-AV?:mad:

All right - I only have 2 more posts till 100 so I might as well post and then go off to find a sheep picture, which will be very fitting for my first AV!
:)
DJJ

Yumpinyimminy, Svenska. Read the posts again. I'm the shephardess, woman.

Perdita

Now get back in the fold. :p

p.s. to JJ: Woo woo woo. and Baa.

ROFL!!!

Don't you know me well enough by now to know that I'll never allow anyone to put me in a fold???:D :kiss:

I knew you'd say that, Svenska-mou, but being the shepherdess I am obliged to use proper sheepdom term.

Perdita :rolleyes:

OK, here it is... my first AV. Of sheep. Who would have thought?

Now, this is just a temporary AV until I get the custom-designed one that I have commissioned a very famous artist to do.
;)
But for now, I like the sheep!
DJJ

JJ: that's really lovely, such an bucolic scene; nearly makes me want to be a sheep, well, you know what I mean.

sheepishly, Perdita

perdita said:
JJ: that's really lovely, such an bucolic scene; nearly makes me want to be a sheep, well, you know what I mean.

sheepishly, Perdita
I know what you mean. Glad you like it, shepherdess.

Svenskaflicka said:
Nice AV, JJ. Makes me all nostalgic.

Svenskaflicka
Grew Up On a Farm Full of Sheep
Thanks Svenska.
There is something sort of peaceful about sheep, don't you think?

Reminds me a bit of when I went to England and saw lots of sheep dotting the landscape... wish I could be there now.
JJ

"sheep dotting the landscape" - makes me miss Pops.

Perdita ;)

Where is that pirate, must be done in by NaNo.

DirtyJJ said:
Thanks Svenska.
There is something sort of peaceful about sheep, don't you think?

Reminds me a bit of when I went to England and saw lots of sheep dotting the landscape... wish I could be there now.
JJ

*giggle*

You've never moved 50 sheep from one grazing field to another, have you?;)

Seriously, they are lovely animals. Calm, cool, peaceful, and very affectionate. Sheep love having the spot behind their ears scratched. As a kid, I'd sit in the barn and hug a lamb while my parents efd te sheep. Sometimes, the lamb would fall asleep in my lap, and I couldn't move until it woke up, so I had to stay out in the barn after my parents had gone inside.

Okay, I have but one question for you all......Have you ever smelled a sheep farm?!? *shudder*

Whisper :rose:

Ps. Except Svenskaflicka....I know her answer.

Svenskaflicka said:
*giggle*

You've never moved 50 sheep from one grazing field to another, have you?;)

Seriously, they are lovely animals. Calm, cool, peaceful, and very affectionate. Sheep love having the spot behind their ears scratched. As a kid, I'd sit in the barn and hug a lamb while my parents efd te sheep. Sometimes, the lamb would fall asleep in my lap, and I couldn't move until it woke up, so I had to stay out in the barn after my parents had gone inside.
Um, can't say that I have had to move 50 sheep!

But your description of them is so sweet. No wonder you have nice memories of it.
JJ

whispering_surrender said:
Okay, I have but one question for you all......Have you ever smelled a sheep farm?!? *shudder*

Whisper :rose:

Ps. Except Svenskaflicka....I know her answer.

*laugh*
No I haven't, but I can imagine it's not pretty.
:(
JJ

Whisper, this is virtual sheepdom, where Flicka is a black ewe and I'm a shepherdess. Let's keep reality out of this, eh?

Perdita ;)

Back