Flirt

ffreak said:
Hmm... "Red River", I'll have to find that and watch it. You guessed right, I love movies as well as books.
Eff-eff, I think I would still choose the books if stranded on the proverbial desert isle, but films are a language and that is what I love about them. We could share film lists but mine runs in the hundreds.

Perdita :rose:

Mine too. Why not a thread on the most erotic non-X rated films? There are some from the 40's that dripped sexual tension. (I am especially fond of Barbara Stanwyck in noir films like Lady of Burlesque from Gypsy Rose Lee's G-String Murders).
And of course, From Here to Eternity.

BTW - to Laurel, et. al. - I am hanging out in the Author's Hangout because a) I write and I like to talk with other writers, and 2) the General Board seems to be too full of non literary/erotica gamers, chatters who evidently don't have IRC or instant messaging tools. In other words I am more comfortable here. What clique? I was not invited here but I think I've been accepted. So I think I'll stick around. The GB participants will be happy enough without me.

Hmm... look for it in A.H.

After first reading this thread it made me wonder, so when I got home I asked my wife and her mother about how they flirt. They agreed on body movement, subtle but effective. Not the boom-boom hip shaking, more along the lines of moving their hair behind their ears, tilting their heads slightly to one side showing their neckline, adjusting the helm of their skirts, and crossing their legs. They both agreed that battling eyelashes is lame, and so is giggling.

BlackSnake said:
... moving their hair behind their ears, tilting their heads slightly to one side showing their neckline, adjusting the helm of their skirts, and crossing their legs.
Snake, smart move asking the women. Those are definite tried and true moves, made me realize how I begin to touch myself when deciding to flirt, just subtle things like gliding my fingers across my neck, or softly stretching. - P.

perdita said:
Snake, smart move asking the women. Those are definite tried and true moves, made me realize how I begin to touch myself when deciding to flirt, just subtle things like gliding my fingers across my neck, or softly stretching. - P.

Yeah ... and with all that you can drive us poor men crazy in an instant ... not that we object :D

Some (a lot) of women don't realize that they can have the same effects with very little.

Akle length skirts and dresses, a nice pair of open toed kneels will do wonders. Having hips help too.

You don't have to be naked to get attention unless your in a strip joint and all the on lookers are drunk, else they may ask you to fetch them a drink.

BlackSnake said:
Some (a lot) of women don't realize that they can have the same effects with very little.

Akle length skirts and dresses, a nice pair of open toed kneels will do wonders. Having hips help too.

You don't have to be naked to get attention unless your in a strip joint and all the on lookers are drunk, else they may ask you to fetch them a drink.

Yep, I think most of us realise that.

I know that the excerpt from my story that I posted in this thread was OTT, I stated that at the time. And, yes, it is fiction, it's not really the way I act.

I seem to get plenty of attention just walking down the road in a pair of jeans and a t shirt. It's all about attitude; having a subtle, alluring one. Not being brash, but being polite, kind, attentive and a little seductive. ;) As I mentioned before, and others have mentioned, a lot of flirting comes from playing with your hair, stroking a finger across you neck, and holding eye contact longer than you normally would.

Lou :rose:

Lou,

You should teach a class for young and some women on how get and hold a man's attention.

I think politness is 90%. It doesn't cost anything to speak, and it's really disarming if you're direct. You will leave guys standing with their mouths open, asking themselves "Incredible, what was that?"

BlackSnake said:

I think politness is 90%. It doesn't cost anything to speak, and it's really disarming if you're direct. You will leave guys standing with their mouths open, asking themselves "Incredible, what was that?"

BS, you are so right.

Everyday I take my dog for a walk on the fields behind my house. If ever I see another dog walker I say hello, and give them a nice smile. More often than not I end up with a guy walking with me. I just chat politely to him, and at the end of the walk go on my way . I must add, my dog is very astute, if he doesn't take to someone (for reasons known only to him) he will stand in front of me and bark. Bless him. I see so many people on my walks, most of which wouldn't smile at anyone, let alone talk to them. I always make a point of acknowledging others.

Tatelou said:
.... I always make a point of acknowledging others.

Lou,

I hope I don't get on my soap box again, but I've seen guys staring at a girl and saw her give a simple nod continuing on her way without speaking. The guys talk about what a good person she was, not how hot she was.

IMO, as I was raised, it is very impolite not to acknowledge people when you pass them by. I speak, nod, or wave...it's just the socially correct thing to do.

BlackSnake said:
Lou,

I hope I don't get on my soap box again, but I've seen guys staring at a girl and saw her give a simple nod continuing on her way without speaking. The guys talk about what a good person she was, not how hot she was.

IMO, as I was raised, it is very impolite not to acknowledge people when you pass them by. I speak, nod, or wave...it's just the socially correct thing to do.

BS,

So they should. I'm not some shallow piece of totty, I would much rather be thought of as a good person than someone who is hot.
I'm not quite sure what your point was, but I don't go out on the pull when walking my dog, I don't think my husband would be best pleased, for starters.

You'd be surprised how many people don't acknowledge others. I don't know if it's shyness, rudeness, or whatever. Sadly it's becoming quite a rare thing, at least where I live.

Lou

When I first moved to the south from L.A. (Los Angeles, not Lower Alabama - a whole nother story), I had to learn about the acknowledgment thing.

It has been my habit for years to drive down the highway with my arm propped on the window and feeling the cool breeze run through my hand. In the south when I do that people wave at me. I thought they were mistaking me for someone they knew, at which comment my wife would crack-up.

Where I live now (the friendliest place in the country by my experience) everyone is simply nice to each person they pass. It does not matter if they are from New York or Chicago or Tampa or Fort Worth or Seattle or even L.A. For some reason being here seems to come with an approval that it is OK to be friendly. And I like it.

In closely packed cities like L.A. and New York I think that the crowding causes such attention to 'personal space' that the citizenry blocks out their surroundings just to maintain sanity. Islands of hope often exist only in the walk-around relaxing areas like the wharves and large parks. Even there the interaction with other people is limited.

And then there is the net. Perhaps the illusion of closeness with protective barriers helps us to sublimate that worry about our space.

It also lets us experience that friendliness and freeness to allow the development of what was threatened as a vanishing art - conversation.

(Don't anyone dare run the Fogg index on this - I shudder to think of the result - I'm just too rushed to change it right now - or course if you want to play with it, I'll bait with weighted breast).

Tatelou said:
BS,

So they should. I'm not some shallow piece of totty, I would much rather be thought of as a good person than someone who is hot.
I'm not quite sure what your point was, but I don't go out on the pull when walking my dog, I don't think my husband would be best pleased, for starters.

You'd be surprised how many people don't acknowledge others. I don't know if it's shyness, rudeness, or whatever. Sadly it's becoming quite a rare thing, at least where I live.

Lou

I see a lot of what I consider rudeness. The majority of the ladies around are pretty hot, but the ones that command respect and admiration are kind, and guys usually back off and show them respect.

I have seen bad scenes (i.e., name calling, mud and water splashing, etc.) where a young lady has turned up her noise and forgot to look where she was going. I don't like ugly, eventhough I can't condone some guys' actions, I can't say that I feel sorry for them either.

I see how easy a lot of women have guys tripping over themselves without so much as lifting the hiem of their dress. It amazes me how some of the others fail to see why they always end up with guys that will treat them like shit (....I wan't to say that they deserve it, but that's not entirely true).

Tatelou said:
Loulou, you must come to San Francisco. All my European guests remark on the friendliness of the natives. My Viennese friends' young sons exclaimed, "You people are so friendly, even the bus drivers say hello and ask us how we are!"

The tourists annoy me often enough but I always am helpful, even when they don't approach me (I can always tell when they're befuddled). At work and in my neighborhood so many people recognize me it's always a cheering experience to walk about or be doing errands.

cheers, Lou, Perdita :heart:

perdita said:
Loulou, you must come to San Francisco. All my European guests remark on the friendliness of the natives. My Viennese friends' young sons exclaimed, "You people are so friendly, even the bus drivers say hello and ask us how we are!"

The tourists annoy me often enough but I always am helpful, even when they don't approach me (I can always tell when they're befuddled). At work and in my neighborhood so many people recognize me it's always a cheering experience to walk about or be doing errands.

cheers, Lou, Perdita :heart:

Perdita,

You sound like you would be one of my most favorite persons in the world.:rose:

BlackSnake said:
Perdita, You sound like you would be one of my most favorite persons in the world.:rose:
Snake, that was a very sweet thing to say.

muchas gracias, Perdita :rose:

Strange ... over here we only greet or acknowledge people we know. Does this makes us unfriendly people?

CrazyyAngel said:
Strange ... over here we only greet or acknowledge people we know. Does this makes us unfriendly people?

CrazyAngel, I'm also European (British) and I think that is the attitude of a lot of people here. That's why I made such a point of saying that I do say hello and smile to anyone that I pass in the street or whatever. It is not a very common thing to do. I don't think it's exactly us being unfriendly, I believe it is more to do with the fact that we tend to be more guarded. We feel uncomfortable, and perhaps shy, by letting strangers into our comfort zone. I think we tend to be quite private nations, we keep ourselves to ourselves too much.

Having said that, the people in most places that I have ever visited, anywhere in the UK and the rest of Europe, have been very friendly.

Lou.

Last edited by a moderator:
Friendly islands abound in San Francisco - Gheradelli, Golden Gate Park, the Wharf, Embarcadero...

Hey - two places to definately check-out...

The library has a bookstore on the North Shore - great finds there.

A little Italian pottery shop at the Square - beautiful pieces and a nice shopowner in attendance.

Tatelou said:
CrazyAngel, I'm also European (British) and I think that is the attitude of a lot of people here. That's why I made such a point of saying that I do say hello and smile to anyone that I pass in the street or whatever. It is not a very common thing to do. I don't think it's exactly us being unfriendly, I believe it is more to do with the fact that we tend to be more guarded. We feel uncomfortable, and perhaps shy, by letting strangers into our comfort zone. I think we tend to be quite private nations, we keep ourselves to ourselves too much.

Having said that, the people in most places that I have ever visited, anywhere in the UK and the rest of Europe, have been very friendly.

Lou.

But .. do you really do that every time someone walks by? I mean .. even in big cities. I can imagine doing it in a small village, where more or less everyone knows each other ... but in a big city it can get .. well tiring ... or not?

Btw .. ffreak .. your Avatar .. what does it show?

Last edited:
The whole thing about nodding at someone when you pass them is a cultural thing, BS.

Swedes are a shy people, and we do our best to look some other way when we meet a stranger, so we won't have to say anything to them.
Striking up a conversation with a total stranger may be interpreted as very rude and forward.

CrazyyAngel said:
But .. do you really do that every time someone walks by? I mean .. even in big cities. I can imagine doing it in a small village, where more or less everyone knows each other ... but in a big city it can get .. well tiring ... or not?

Yeah, point taken. If I did live in a big city I doubt I'd do that with everyone, it would get very monotonous.

I live on the outskirts of a large seaside town, I suppose my locality is much like a small village, maybe why I am more inclined to do it.

Svenskaflicka: you put what I was trying to say in a much better way. You're right, it is that shyness that prevents a lot of people opening up.

Lou.

The most alluring part of a woman on display is her personality.

Of course there are other parts that may contribute to someone noticing...:D

Back