Flirt

ffreak said:
Friendly islands abound in San Francisco - Gheradelli, Golden Gate Park, the Wharf, Embarcadero...
Hey - two places to definately check-out...
The library has a bookstore on the North Shore - great finds there.
A little Italian pottery shop at the Square - beautiful pieces and a nice shopowner in attendance.
Eff, I stay away from Ghirardelli, the wharf and the Embarc (except for the movie theater at One Emb.), too touristy for me. I like to show people the 'real' SF. I'm three blocks from GG park.

I do know the library's bookstore on the Marina, and No. Beach gives me all the Italiananismo I need.

Meet you at 24th and Mission,

Perdita

I worked in San Francisco for a couple of years. I agree that tourists can be a pain in large numbers, but I do like the street performers and the small shopkeepers.

But I have moved around with the ecomonmy, LA to Houston to SF, to Houston, Memphis, Atlanta and now year-round green North Carolina (where they think we've been a drought the last four years because we have only gotten about 10 times the rainfall of sunny California).

We were given a vacation by our sons to San Francisco a couple of years ago and I took my wife to see the Rosicrucian Museum and Winchester House in San Jose, and all over the place in San Francisco - walked our legs off visited the wine country, ate at Alioto's twice with world class service, damn near ran out of gas coming back from Fort Ross. We confirmed Clemens comment "The coldest Winter I spent was one August in San Francisco". We walked to the wharf (two blocks) in our windbreakers shivering in 59 degrees then went to Modesto to visit a relative and got stuck in traffic in Pleasonton at 107 degress.

Ah, life.

(Trying to remember what's on that corner)

Oh, CrazyAngel, and anyone else interested, I may take a survey to see how many answers I get to the question about my avatar. Wonder how many will guess correctly?

Ding, ding, ding, ding, ding.

Very good. From my own personal set. About 4" tall.

Now, what do they mean?

(the prize may involve their use)

Last edited:
Not that good. But if we're talking about your hands, well then...

Hmm... Lauren your avatar would make a great mystery cover. I may try to talk you into letting me use it someday (already getting inspriation from it for the story).

Large crowds...

When I first got to North Atlanta, I remember walking to the gas station to buy beer and smokes. As cars pass by I waved, I nodded at people who were engaged in conversations as not to interrupt them, and spoke to people who passed close enough to hear my voice without me having to yell.

Some people looked at me like I needed to be in a padded room, but most smiled, waved back, nodded, or otherwise acknowledged my presences.

I feel that good spirits are contagious, and it doesn't cost a dime.

What's a prak?

No, seriously, I AM very shy - when it comes to men. I just can't walk up to a guy and start chatting with him.

ONCE, and just once, I pinched a cute guy in the ass at a club. He looked as if he appreciated the somewhat rude compliment, but my nerves failed me, and I ran out of there before anything interesting could happen.:( :eek: :( :eek:

Svenskaflicka said:
What's a prak?
Earl said I was his once. It's a character from the 'Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy' who cannot help but tell the truth and it drives him nuts (I haven't read the books so I'm being simplistic here.)

Anyway, I think of it like the old courtly fools whose job it was to tell the king the truth (vs. flatter him).

So I guess that makes MG your fool. I think it's a fine title and wish I had my own (plus I need a worthier master than Earl).

Perdita

Ah, yes, The Fool. The first card in a Tarot deck. The child that believes that everything is possible, the honest one, who always tell things as she sees it. ´

I wonder what I would be? You, my Perdita-mou, would most definitely be The Empress!

Creative, nurturing, lover and mother. The Queen of all creation, the protector of sex and fertility.

BlackSnake said:
Large crowds...

When I first got to North Atlanta, I remember walking to the gas station to buy beer and smokes. As cars pass by I waved, I nodded at people who were engaged in conversations as not to interrupt them, and spoke to people who passed close enough to hear my voice without me having to yell.

Some people looked at me like I needed to be in a padded room, but most smiled, waved back, nodded, or otherwise acknowledged my presences.

I feel that good spirits are contagious, and it doesn't cost a dime.

lol as a new yorker ,I can tell you I'd have been one of the people looking at you like you were crazy. K is the same way as you, she's forever waving at people and smiling. I'm like who's that? Do you know them? Half the time she says no.
But that's how we met so... It's not all bad.

Yep, same with me and my better half. She's from TN and with me being from LAla land I asked the same questions. When we visited her home town I became convinced she related to half of the population and the other half went to school with her.

p.s. Sweet Destinie I have written a new poem inspired by your current avatar. I'll let you know when it is approved, or you can send me a msg and I'll send you a copy.

Des,

I bet in a place like NY I would look more like one of those bobing head dolls people put in the back of their car windows.

A large crowd to me would around 300, not millions. I wouldn't want to be around that many people, way to crowded for me. I need my elbow room.

Freak, if you are referring to Mobile, Al as L.A. then I wouldn't see why it would be strange to you. Looking people in the eye and acknowledging them is only polite.

Nope - I ran into that down in Georgia. I told someone I was from L.A. and he said, "Funny, you don't sound like you're from Lower Alabama."

I am a Los Angeleno. Some people think it means City of Angels. It really is a misprint. The 't' fell off due to an earthquake (Lost Angels). It's not surprising. If you just take 5 into the interchange, then take 10 to 91 and follow it to 15, you'll get lost too.

What the hell am I supposed to be talking about? Oh yeah. Population density. Out there it really is dense. There's a lot of people too. Each day you get up, go to the parking lot. Get to work, check in, take lunch in your cubicle, run back to the car so you can park until the sun sets. Then jump in bed with shakes from all the tension on the freeway (your partner thinks you're having an orgasm), fitfully try to sleep, then do it all over (I mean the daily ritual). Yeah I miss L.A., really I do.

The reason people don't flirt in L.A. is they're too busy watching for guns pointing out of cars. Look at someone and smile and they're likely to ask you what you think you're looking at.

Last edited:
ffreak said:
Nope - I ran into that down in Georgia. I told someone I was from L.A. and he said, "Funny, you don't sound like you're from Lower Alabama."

I am a Los Angelino. Some people think it means City of Angels. It really is a misprint. The 't' fell off due to an earthquake (Lost Angels). It's not surprising. If you just take 5 into the interchange, then take 10 to 91 and follow it to 15, you'll get lost too.

What the hell am I supposed to be talking about?

off on a tangent were you?
Anyway most people can't tell I'm from new york years of boarding school have beat that pesky little accent right out off me. When I get really "big" I think I'll get a faux British accent a la Madonna or Cameron Diaz

An aussie accent. As long as you leave the rest of your beautiful self alone. I like you like that.

Svenskaflicka said:
Ah, yes, The Fool. The first card in a Tarot deck. The child that believes that everything is possible, the honest one, who always tell things as she sees it. ´

Or he....

Takes a drunken awkward bow, trying not to fall down as than would spill his cheap swill wine. Loses his hat, then loses his balance. Finds tears at the pool of wine spreading on the flagstones.

BlackSnake said:
Looking people in the eye and acknowledging them is only polite.

Not if you don't know them. In Sweden, a stranger who says hello to you in the street would be regarded as some kind of weirdo. "What's he up to..?"

See? You'd fit right in. Where I grew up, in Los Angeles, we knew the people who lived on each side of us and across the street. That was the limit of the sphere of influence. I was considered a pushy little kid. I sold candy door-to-door. I knew the people in maybe 20 other houses on our block.

Damn!

I could do something as simple as drop a coke can in the grass at the park, which is some 3 blocks away and my mother would know it before I got home and would be...1) Ready to send me back to pick it up. 2) Showing me the switch she was going to burn my ass with when I returned. O'yeah, only giving me a couple of minutes to get back.

Back