Gotham: After Dark (closed for LitShark, Princesssexci, SweetP4U and myself)

Slade Wilson Re: Batgirl – Semper Fi

“It’s Absinthe. Good for focus,” Wade smirked before taking another sip.

Slade didn’t really look away while Barbara changed into her outfit, in fact, he watched the whole thing. Her body was even better than he might have suspected under her unassuming house clothes and the suit did plenty to accentuate her natural gifts. Ras might have been half mad, but Slade had to give respect where it was due—he had this fine piece of well-connected ass wrapped around his finger and all he had to do was offer her the chance.

A mad genius.

When she asked Slade for his input, he closed the distance between them, grabbing the edges of her collar firmly. He tugged and lifted, using enough force to raise her boots off the ground for a moment, bringing the edges of the collar together and jiggling her big, round tits into place, where they could be more suitably held down by the spandex and carbon fiber material of the suit. Slade moved the zipper up to just under her chin.

“Let’s hope their eyes are on the logo and not the chest,” Slade said at last, his palms passing languidly down her body before releasing her.

The bat logo was yellow, made of the same reflective plastic as road markers. It would gleam even in almost pitch dark. Still, it didn’t seem like enough. Slade flicked his cigarette across the room before digging through his secondary gear cache. His hand landed on a solution, but the piece of equipment brought with it a memory. As he retrieved the Kevlar girdle from his pack, he could hear his wife’s voice. When he strapped it around Barbara’s midsection, he said to her what his wife so often told him before he’d walk out to a redacted place to do redacted things.

“You’ve got guts, that’s for sure,” he zipped the girdle up to just below her loosely bound breasts, slipping lead plates into corresponding pockets, “just be sure to keep them inside your body.”

The baby crying, the door slamming. Every rose has its thorns.

Slade turned away before his eyes betrayed his emotion. His heart still reaching out for those moments he’d leveraged away until they were all gone—and now they were the only thing he couldn’t bring back.

“I’m going to Infil Point A. You wait for the gunplay to start and then enter from the rooftops,” Slade glanced back again, the girdle helped to disguise the feminine hourglass of her figure, the plates replicating masculine stomach muscles, “if we both make it out of here, I’d like to fuck your brains out. If that’s something you’d like too.”

Slade smiled, handing the flask back one last time before they split up. She was probably the same age as his daughter. It was nothing at all like redemption, but it was something to look forward to.

For now, that was enough.

Ras al Ghoul Re: Bruce Wayne – Expensive Tastes

“Ah, Bruce there you are,” Ras smiled, it almost passed for genuine.

In truth, Ras was always in the midst of the game, moving the pieces as he saw fit—watching every interaction from above. It was why he enjoyed fencing with Bruce, the Detective saw the world the same way, there was no need to pretend otherwise. Each was holding something back—each was trying to gain something the other didn’t want to part with. A level playing field.

“Let’s get a table. I can’t indulge too much, as my driver has the night off,” despite his protestations, Ras held his rocks glass up to be refilled with the same fifty-year Scotch that Bruce was joining him for, Ras draped his jacket around his shoulders leaving the bar, “I hope you aren’t inviting me to dinner because you wish to back out of our agreement last night. I assure you that I had nothing to do with the attack on your home and did the best I could to warn you.”

Ras draped his coat over the chair facing the door when the host showed them to their table, more gamesmanship, per his own teachings. You may be the fastest gun in the West, but even Bill Hickock couldn’t see through the back of his head.

“I’d like to start with the Beluga caviar and charcuterie board,” Ras instructed before even glancing at a menu, this restaurant was known for its exclusive caviar.

“The caviar plate pairs well with the ’66 Dom Perignon.” The host instructed.

“I leave that up to my host. In the hopes that we still have something to celebrate,” Ras turned to Bruce expectantly.

Joker Re: Gotham – No Laughing Matter

It took much longer for Joker to set up the live broadcasting gear by himself, but he managed just the same. He even got one of the henches to pull one of his devoted fans from outside to make a direct deposit to Joker’s blood drive. He felt much better after feeding directly from a person. He still had blood-drinking blue balls from Harley’s rejection earlier. The weirdo even seemed to get off on it, so Joker told him to hang tight with the promise of more feedings to come.

The signal interrupted all television and radio waves just like before.

“Well…it seems like you can fight city hall, you just can’t keep it, I’m sorry to say. Gotham PD was threatening all-out warfare, and I simply couldn’t stand to see you poor people, who have so long suffered under the boot-heels of the fascists and the super-rich—I have decided to step down as Mayor for the time being.

“The upside, is that I’ve been guaranteed the opportunity to run against the stodgy old mayor whose ass I personally kicked already in real life—now I put it up to you, the real Gothamites to help me kick his ass through a ballot box.”

Joker paused for laughter.

“Let it be known, that I will be working for you, the people of Gotham, from now until the election. Get ready to see what real change looks like. Joker out.”

This time, at least, the cut was perfect.

Pamela - A need for Dick

Poison Ivy as her alias Pam had been working around her lab, glancing at the tv only once when she heard that the Joker had claimed the thrown of being the mayor.

It didnt surprise her that Harley was by his side. It was disappointing, hell—even heart breaking. She had thought Harley had made progress being her own woman but even on screen she could see the crazy uncertainty in the sidekick clowns eyes.

Her phone buzzing was what pulled her eyes away from the tv screen as the joker screamed about the camera still being on him and his pet.

“Yes, Miss … Pamela… I am very interested.

It was almost too easy.

“… where is your office, I will pick you up at 5:00, should I wear anything special?”

Nothing special. Maybe we could go out and get some food, it doesn’t need to be special. We can come back to my place and eat n play. ;)

It took awhile for Poison Ivy to figure out what she was going to do with Bruce Waynes protégé but she had done it.

He wouldn’t help fund her environmental charities. Sure a lot of them ended with the death of humanity as the end game but it would make the world better.

Anyways, she could get the money out of Dick. Sex and money and a good clean world that was humanity free that wasn’t too much to ask for was it?

She looked at her clock and quickly rushed to the bathroom after choosing the sexiest negligee she could find and of course her green dress. Green brought out her eyes and ran to take her shower but not before texting Dick

Theres an extra key under my venus flytrap. Just dont put your fingers near its mouth. I like what they do to me.

Harley and Stowe ROAD TRIP

“ROAD TRIP!!!” Harley called out with a grin. “Bye Mistah J!” She grabbed her bat and twirled it around. It didnt take long for Harley to make herself ready. She quickly combed her fingers through her blonde multi-colored red and blue hair.

“Bangs or no bangs?” She asked detective Cherry as they walked out. She shook her head. “Don’t answer that.” she pulled strands out on each side of her pig tails. “Wait— Waller? God, I just got rid of that skank. She ain’t in my head anymore, if thats what you’re askin.”

Harley pouted,”Do we hafta contact her? She’s soooo annoyin and talks in puzzles. She’s worse than the Riddler. At least he uses overused riddles. Sometimes, I dont even think she knows what she’s talkin about.”

Honestly, bringing Amanda Waller into this was a biiig mistake. Slowly, Harley realized that Detective Sexy was askin her to actually CALL Waller.

“Oh. You want me to call her? I usually dont have to manually call her. Usually, she kust starts talkin in my ear but I guess we can do it the old fashioned way.”

Harley pulled her cellphone out of her bra and lightly flicked through her phone. Finding the nickname Mean Old Boring lady, she hit dial.

“Its your funeral. I cant keep her from putting a bomb in your —“

“Thank fuck, Harley what the hell happened?” Came Amanda Wallers voice, loudly at that.

Harley pulled the phone away from her ear. “Shes even worse outside of my head.” she muttered.

~Amanda~

Amanda Waller was annoyed. There was never a day that she wasn’t annoyed though but today, especially today she was annoyed. Not only had Harley fallen off the radar so to speak but now Joker was claiming the mayors office????

And now Harley was calling her for god knows what reason.

The federal agent rolled her eyes at what Harley probably considered a mumble where she couldn’t hear.

“Where are you Blondie? Have you killed the Joker yet?”

“Uhhhhh….” Harley seemed to hesitate,”Yeah about that…”

“Harley, I fucking swear if you dont do your job I will blow your head off. It takes just one click…” Amanda warned. Why was it so fuckinf hard to find good help these days?

“Yeah, yeah you’re like a broken record. Oh by the way, I actually didnt want to talk to you but my new bestie did…Here ya go! Detective Cherry she is all yours!”

Amanda clenched and unclenched her fists. This girl really was looney. “Harley, I don’t have time for your games. Did you kill the Joker yet? Hes now become a threat to our democracy…”

Last edited:
Barbara

She really should have known better than to think Mr. Slade wasn’t going to watch her change and Barbara wasn’t even sure what she was expecting when she asked Slade his opinion on how well her cleavage was hidden in the suit but she wasn't prepared for him to get as close either.

Maybe it was her sexual awakening of having fucked two guys the night before and sucking Ras’ cock not too long ago but her body was craving more and having Slade adjust the way her body suit held her tits wasn’t helping any.

“Let’s hope their eyes are on the logo and not the chest,”

She shuddered when he ran his hands down her form one more time. Barbara stood there silently as Slade reached around her to adjust some things. She bit her lips as his hands slowly roamed over her body.

Focus, she had to focus on her task pretend to be Batman. Having sex one time had only proved to be a distraction and make her want more.

She cleared her throat when his hands moved away and just awkwardly stood there until he put the Kevlar girdle around her waist.

“You’ve got guts, that’s for sure,”
“Thanks, I think.”

“just be sure to keep them inside your body.”

“Well….yeah that would be an obvious thing to do.”

“I’m going to Infil Point A. You wait for the gunplay to start and then enter from the rooftops,”

She silently nodded as Barbara took a few deep breaths. She was going to be fine, she was just going to walk on some building and pretend to be Batman.

Everything would be fine.

“if we both make it out of here, I’d like to fuck your brains out. If that’s something you’d like too.”

That comment took her out of her nervous thoughts for a brief moment. Her eyes widened and she was pretty sure she was blushing under her mask.

“Lets see where the night takes us.” She said cooly before taking the flask he offered and another quick swig of the —what had he called it…

Oh right, Absinthe.

She handed it back to him.

“Alright, Im ready.”

Last edited:
Batman and Gordon in the Command Center, waiting for Stowe and Loony Tunes to enter the Theater

“Command Center?” Batman looked around at the woefully equipped Winnebago, the technology a good three or four generations behind the tech of th ehad cave. Bruce was going to need to make an endowment pronto and at least bring the Gotham police into the current decade.

The devices the police had on Stowe were sketchy at best, but they thought they got the most of it. I on the other hand, with the high tech tampon device in Stowe’s purse, caught the remainder. It was a shame really she hadn’t agreed to slip it up what I was sure was the tightest most delightful slit, as the resulting acoustics would have been ideal, not to mention the little buzz that I would have had control of at my fingertips.

Gordon watched as the women walked across from the city hall complex. “The woman with the blue and red hair?” I had to chuckle, “That is Harley, you remember her don’t you?”

Commissioner Gordon thought long and hard. He was getting older and sadly, memory was fading. As much as he hated it, and would never want to admit it, his time was coming to an end, he just hadn’t imagined that day might be today.

“Oh yes, the psychiatrist who….” The history was too long to get into. Agent Waller could handle her, however I wasn’t sure I should trust Amanda Waller anymore than I did the criminals she was trying to take down. “She has a long history, but she might be helpful in helping us get at Joker, but let’s leave that to Stowe and Waller.”

Ah yes, Detective Stowe, the woman to whom Gordon was about to give the reins. Both men admired as the two women entered their command center, I had briefed Gordon he had to come across as sincere and he did a good job. Gordon had been talking as Stowe spoke with Waller, and I thought she was comfortable with what Waller said, but I would need to circle back with Stowe after I met with Ras tonight.

“Detective…” Commissioner Gordaon greeted them. “I understand you have agreed to take over my command… it might have been nice to speak with me first, don’t you think…” It was all a charade, if Stowe looked at me she would see, but all played their parts. When Harley and Stowe went back to report to Joker, Harley should be able to verify that Stowe was now the acting commissioner.

As they walked out Jim Gordon sat back in his chair, and I could see the energy drain from his body. “It’s okay Jim, it’s only temporary…” I tried to soothe his feelings, for how long had we been friends, trusted each other, but I knew, we both knew, that while this might not be the actual end, that day was clearly on the horizon, and he and I would need to work very carefully to keep him aware while not revealing the facade to Joker until all of this had been finally settled.

Jim Gordon reached down and pulled out a bottle of 17 year old Macallan’s Scotch, I recognized it, as it had been a gift from me, or rather Bruce Wayne. “Will you join me.. please?” God I hated to see this, he was a good man, his commitment to this city had been unquestioned, “Of course.” One drink began three as the two men listened in on Stowe, Harley and Joker. Jim was hoping to connect with his daughter, who he had not heard from since last night. I had no intention of fillling in the blanks I knew about, and the video had been doctored enough that unless she confessed, no one would ever know other than myself, Alfred and Barbara what exactly we had shared last night.

By the time I walked out to the bat cycle and headed back to the bat cave and Wayne Manor to change for my dinner with Ras, I had very mixed feelings. Stowe was smart as hell, and I had confidence she was the right call, but still, this was all uncharted territory, a lunatic vampire and some connection with Ras. Dinner would be interesting… fuck, this entire situation was interesting, and interesting was rarely a good thing!

Detective Stowe: Happy Trails

Feds. I hate feds. Everything about them is arrogant know-it-all superiority complex of a bunch of ass-diggin' babboons who will be the first to throw every one around them under the bus and blame for their short comings.

“Fucking feds..” mutters, marching across the gallery towards the doors, one bouncy hottie psycho in tow. I can hear Amanda running her mouth, but not everything is clear through the phone. What is said, doesn’t matter much to me, yet I do mutter a bit about “slaying vampires is buffy’s job..” Getting an odd look from an officer at the barricade as we come around.

“Do not interfere, back up. Weapons down..” Looking each officer in the eye as we stroll pass, only taking the thrust phone at the stairs into the Winnebago police pimp mobile.

“Yeah, Waller? I don’t have a lot of time here, as the situation is .. strained. The Joker’s conditions of stepping down from mayor and running a legit..” I almost cough and laugh aloud at this whole stupid notion, “Uh.. where was I.” a pause and then up the stairs, looking to Gordon who seems like he wants to rage a bit more than his heart can handle. “In order for the Joker to vacate the mayor’s office and stop this stand off, he wants you to bring yourself down here and speak with him in person.” I am no negotiator, and frankly I don’t really care what her answer is, I hand the phone back over to Harley as I then explain to the men present what the Joker’s demands are.

“I didn’t ask for this, Commissioner Gordon.” How he could think i want his job after all these years? It stings a little. Selfish dick worried about his pride. He did a great job, probably has a good ten more years in him, and this is a fucking charade! Probably a sexist line of bullshit thought that a woman can’t do the job. There is a pinched look on the man’s face but what else can he possibly say or do? He could escalate the situation of course, “Need I remind everyone we’re dealing with a new Joker?” Is that improved? I am not saying that not by a long god damned shot! Fucker sucks blood! And that’s just a sanitary issue, let’s not discuss speed and nearly unkillable.. How do you kill a vampire anyway?

The men talk, Gordon gives a stiff nod and all this time Waller is still bellowing on the cell phone held by Harley, down at her thigh. Turning to the former shrink, looking into her blood shot eyes, there is this shared smirk and a little glimmer perhaps of sadistic amusement as we both look down at the phone held in her hand.

“I got to see Harley back safely to the Mayor’s office. Inform Joker that all is agreed upon and HOPE WALLER DOES HER PART!” I said almost too loud to be heard over the woman’s constant bitching. “Hey a lot can happen on the campaign trail folks.” Must I remind everyone of this? A long hard look at Harley, she’s hiding something or so it seems… Maybe it’s just boredom? “We should get you back, before the Joker comes looking for his lady himself..” I don’t have to tell the officers present just how badly that will go down. “Seriously, a fucking vampire!” Shaking my head, all but shoving Harley back outside. “She still bitching?” I ask without pausing, striding back into the shit show is not on my list of fun things to do tonight..

An Old Horse Headed To Pasture or Stud?

Jim Gordon was both trying to play a role, be convincing should the Joker ask Harley, but in truth this was also hard for him. He knew the end was near, but today was making that far more real and it it him hard. After Stowe left and things settled down, but before he left for home and to hopefully locate Barbara he left the detective a message.

<I am not angry, I thought I had to portray things a certain way. However, I would like to meet with you, and was hoping you might be available for dinner tonight?> What he didn’t say, was his wife was away at her sisters, but that wasn’t really necessary to say, as this was not intended as a romantic dinner, no matter how often it was that when he thought about the young detective, he would feel the most pleasant sensation in his old prick as he could not control the effect she had on him.

The Apprentice Who had Become A Master And The Master Himself

Bruce was as happy as he could allow himself to be, that at least for now the situation with the Joker had stabilized, and now that Stowe knew his secret he hoped they could work more closely together. Batman could not envision an end to this that didn’t require the Joker’s demise, but even as he listened to talk radio as he drove his Lamborghini to meet with Raz, he was concerned about how realistic that end was, and the ripple effect it might have.

Just listening to the general public’s reaction to the happenings of the morning, he wasn’t sure if he was more surprised or disappointed by the public’s reaction. In an odd manor, Joker had performed a coup, violent and quick. Yet, his message about doing things for the common man, and his venomous statements regarding the rich were resonating. Even when people tried to couch their statements, “While of course the methods he used are wrong… “ Their net conclusions were generallly positive and suddenly Bruce realized that this lunatic could possibly galvanize a citizenry that had long felt overlooked and under served.

Bruce left his car with the valet, tossing the keys Lamborghini Huracon EVO to the group of boys who were wrestling to see who might get to drive the rare sports car. “Which one of you drives stick, really drives stic?” And the smallest of the boys was the only one to quickly raise his hand. “What do you drive?” The kid proudly explained how his brother drove dirt tracks on upstate figure 8 tracks and how he would go up there and work the pit crew and occasionally drive himself. “Then you’re hired … only he gets to drive my cars.” The kids smile was ear to ear as he hopped in and smoothly pulled away.

Inside the restaurant it took only seconds to spot Raz at the bar, and less time than that to order what his old mentor ordered. As good as Bruce’s taste was in cigars, Ras was even more accomplished in liquor, and when he saw the open bottle of Glenfarclas sitting behind the bar, Bruce simply nodded as the bartender smiled and poured a double dram. It was only within the last year that Glenfarclas had released 850 bottles of the vintage single malt. Smooth didn’t begin to do it justice and as an original fill, it contained all the rich flavoring of its oak cask. The single malt retailed for 9,600 pounds sterling, and in a bar like this, he assumed each of his and Ras’ currently drinks ran into low four figures.

The bartender used an eye dropper to pour in precisely three drops of water to release the flavor, and Bruce took the glass appreciatively raising it in cheers. “Mmmm … maybe not better, but certainly as good as any woman …” and both men chuckled finishing their old joke, “And far more trustworthy.” Bruce was determined to keep this night cordial, keep Ras as at ease as he could, however as they approached the table and Ras moved quickly to face the door, Bruce slowly, casually looked back over his shoulder. “I’m hoping that neither of us is anticipating unwanted guests?”

Ras placed his order, “The Dom to accompany wil be fine, but please add two dozen oysters, west coast, I will leave it to the chef to select a variety he knows would be of my choosing.” Bruce liked east coast oysters as well, but west coast were in season, cooler waters and the current yield was particularly meaty, and lacking the saltiness that other times of year would induce. The men would feast on the delicacies, perhaps not ordering dinner at all.

“Yes, tonight is intended to celebrate, it has been far too long since we have contemplated doing business together, I am pleased you brought me the opportunity first.” Bruce had no thoughts that last night’s drama had anything do do with Ras, he had indeed left a warning, but even more the video surveillance had made clear he was as surprised as anyone, but his senses and the fact he had already been heading toward the door as the toxins were released had allowed him to escape before incurring the aphrodesiac effects.

Yes the two men were playing the game. Bruce was surprised that Ras had brought him the opportunity, perhaps hard feelings were finally forgotten, Bruce after all had saved Ras life long ago, after initiating the original confrontation. He took his time, dabbing the caviar onto a cracker, sipping the scotch and the champagne.

Finally Bruce began down the path he had come to discuss. “I assume you watched this morning events, are aware we have a vampire in our midst, a lunatic vampire at that? And I couldn’t help but wonder, what role our new investment might have played in that unfortunate resurrection?”

A Young Dick Is A Needy Dick

Dick Grayson had been told by Bruce that tomorrow he wanted to spend the day together, little did he know that he was about to be initiated into the other family business.

Nor at this very moment did he care. Dick upon getting Pamela’s invite had broken every speed limit to pull up at her door. The words, “… come back and play…” Stirring images and desires that were all so new to him, but so desperately wanted.

He had gotten hard reading the text, and the time and delay in getting over to his new lover’s condo, had only made the aching more severe. He read her text, only to nearly have the Venus fly trap snap at his finger as he reached down to lift the pot and remove the key. The plant’s speed and dexterity were impressive but it was lost on Dick that of the females in this dwelling, the plant was easily the least dangerous.

He got the key and let himself in, first the front door, and next the door ot her flat. There was a distinct smell of exotic flowers as he walked in, it made him a bit light headed and even more horny.

He heard water being shut off down the back hall, and called out, “Miss Pamela, your Dick is here …shall I cum back there?” Last night had been incredible, but he knew they were no longer under the spell of the toxins and perhaps he shouldn’t be this excited, but that was the challenge in being young Dick, he couldnt help himself!

Deathstroke – The Rising Tide

“So I tells him, Oswald—them birds don’t even fly!”

Both of the mobsters burst out laughing at the anecdote from the first Paulie. Both were affectionately known as Paulie to their friends, but for clarity they’d been given nicknames. Paulie Marbles had just finished his story and Paulie Fingers spoke next. Among the initiated in the Falcone Crime Family they were often grouped together, known as “The Paulies.”

“I bet he didn’t like that much,” Paulie Fingers answered after a long drag on his cigarette.

“Eh, whatever. Cobblepot is just a glorified errand boy. Without his special umbrellas he’s nothing to worry about,” Paulie Marbles replied boastfully, “Lemme get one of those.”

One Paulie offered a cigarette to the other and lit it for him.

“Here we go. This is one of ours…” Paulie Fingers indicated a huge shipping container, marked with an X in chalk on the door.

Fingers gestured to the crane driver, indicating that they should set it down beside two other crates similarly marked. Just as Paulie Marbles was opening the door to the crate, examining the contents, shots rang out from behind.

Pfht-tuh-tuh-tuh-tuh-tuh the silenced Mac-10 sub machine gun rang out, riddling Paulie Fingers with bullets before he even realized they were under attack.

Blam-Kow! the guard tower answered back, the rifle rendered all but useless by the cloak of shadows that the attacker was using to obscure himself.

Pfa-Thoom! the grenade launcher made a guttural sound as it seemed to spit the dense, round explosive into the guard tower. BOOOM! The whole tower exploded like a bright orange flower at the end of a lattice-work stem.

The whole dock was now alive with gunfire. Paulie Marbles firing back from behind the metal container door, other mobsters rushing over to join the fight. Trucks left half loaded, huge shipments of contraband reduced to cover for a massive gunfight.

At first, Deathstroke was able to easily pick off one gangster after another from his place in the shadows, but eventually, Paulie Marbles’ aimed shots allowed others to spot the orange accents of Deathstroke’s mask and suit. He pulled the pin on a smoke grenade and fell back to find cover.

“Alright, Red. Let’s see what you’ve got…” Deathstroke muttered behind his mask to no one in particular, reloading his SMGs as he sprinted for a different cover spot.

Ras al Ghoul Re: Bruce Wayne – Keeping Enemies Closer

Ras showed no amusement at Bruce’s remarks, comparing the expensive Scotch to women. Considering that Ras’ daughter was on-again, off-again lovers with the detective, the remarks about women being unfavorably compared to liquor didn’t amuse him, but he quickly brushed off the unintended slight as they were led to their seats.

“No, no guests,” Ras answered in reply to Bruce’s hesitation at sitting with his back to the door, “besides, who could dream of opposing us both?”

Ras chuckled faintly and toasted his glass as Bruce sat at last.

“Despite everything, I still hold you in high regard, Detective. Not to mention my daughter, Talia…”

Ras trailed off. It wasn’t his place to speak on their relationship—whatsoever that relationship may have been. He wished that he hadn’t mentioned Talia instead of saying “not to mention,” as he had.

“There is no one I would trust more with this opportunity. While I don’t share your… devotion to this city, I appreciate it and would much rather be in business with one who sees the potential of this place. Your altruism is a handy disguise. Further, your knowledge of the existence of the Lazarus Wells makes you an ideal partner.”

Sluurrp Ras separated an oyster with the small knife provided and sucked the whole thing down in one swallow.

As Bruce got around to his polite accusation, Ras set the knife down pointedly.

“Yes, I saw. The return of your nemesis. Quite an inconvenient turn for both of us, frankly. Your greatest moral hazard, conveniently removed from your plate by an enraged Kryptonian—only to have the clown returned to life as an undead abomination. I wonder how your moral code might apply to him now? Do you still consider yourself holier-than-thou? Or is it a loophole you can exploit? Killing the undead.

“As for my involvement, while I have been known to cheat death once or twice, I don’t traffic in monsters or psychos. Neither can be relied upon—much less controlled.”

Sluuuuurrrrrppp

“As one involved in a rather sizeable investment in Gotham, I suppose that I am just as much victimized as you or anyone else by the ignominious return of Joker.”

Ras sat back in his chair, taking a long sip of the expensive champagne before refilling his glass.

“Though I doubt he’ll have much impact on our work at the bottom of the bay.”

SLUUUURRRRP

Stowe - away & Doctor Quinn

“Unbelievable..” Did Waller really expect Harley to kill the Joker? How in the hell can she? I mean, sure I guess Harley could lead him on, get him vulnerable in bed and.. What? Shaking my head, just laughing as I march back through the barricade of police, across the plaza and up the few stairs where big goon number twenty-seven stands waiting by the double doors.

“HARLEY! Hurry it up would you!?” lord, if we keep that maniac waiting, who knows what will happen once we get back inside. “Harley?” Turning around, hands go to hips and behind me I hear a gruff chuckle behind that silly mask over goon number.. Whatever’s face. “Where the hell is she?” Looking across the way to see her. “Oh lord.. “ What is she doing with her phone?

You know what. I don’t care. That’s a HER problem…

Turning back around to the big guy, “I … Uh..” Well Harley is lagging behind, so… What? “You know he wants to see me and wants an answer, move your ass aside and let me through.” Snapping at the guy seemed a bit rude, and his gun gripping fingers tighten from the tone of my voice. I am tired, and these thugs are just paid for meat-shields. Making nice isn’t on my agenda for the day. Does he want to throttle me? Probably. He even seems to weigh his options before he grunts and steps aside.

Too bad.. I am curious a little how his hands would feel frisking me.. He sure has.. Large.. YEP! Okay! Inside we go!

Striding as fast as I can without actually seeming to hurry my ass along, I get back to the office and rap once on the door before I just barge in without waiting.

“Waller was told your demands and..” Pausing as I come into the mayor’s office, looking for the psycho killer clown.. "Gordon has agreed to them as well.." Eyes trail around the darker interior, waiting for them to adjust and find the clown.. Is he even in here? Blinking rapidly to get rid of the spots in my vision.

Bruce and Ras, A Verbal Dance of Worthy Combatents

Talia al Ghoul was not a woman to be taken likely, Bruce had made a joke, but he knew the man well enough to know that he had taken it in the context of his daughter, but Bruce knew better to leave alone than clarify.

It had been a while since he had seen Talia, but even provoking this memory brought a slight smile to his face and a charge to his cock. She was a woman who provoked passion, while Bruce was not entirely sure she was capable of love, any more sure than he was of himself, there was no doubt the woman could certainly inspire passion, white hot and instantaneous, she tended to appear and disappear from his life with little notice, a trait that strangely appealed to him very much.

Bruce was surprised when Ras was the one who mentioned Talia directly, although the knowledge of thier on again, off again relationship was no secret, it had also rarely been a topic of discussion.

Bruce raised his glass, “As do I Ras, I always have. I don’t always agree, but I respect not only your intelligence, but your subtle, yet ruthless pursuit of your objectives.” Bruce meant that, there was almost no other man he held in either the same esteem or degree of caution he felt for Ras. But then he couldn’t help himself, “Have you heard from Talia lately?” He wasn’t going to push the issue, but he also wouldn’t mind if Ras mentioned that he might be asking about his daughter.?

Bruce chuckled at Ras’ veiled compliments, “I’m sure we can find alignment when it comes to making money ….” He paused, “Doing something legal… so what exactly is the business plan, have you done much testing as to how long the Springs take to create effects, how long it lasts and what kind of reuse is required?”

It wasn’t really like Bruce to sweat the details when it came to business, at least how the money was made, but he was far more interested in the effects of the Wells, specifically if that could be the source of Joker’s reincarnation.

As to the rest, Bruce wanted to believe that Ras would not align with Joker, for the life of him he saw no reason that the Joker served Ras’ purpose, yet he was sure that Ras was indeed the cause. “You have cheated death, but I helped you at least once…” A reference. To long ago how Bruce had saved Ras, but had also been the reason there had been danger at all.

“Ras, I have every intention of stopping him … he’s not just dangerous but he’s crazy, and if that is going to be an issue .. let’s discuss it now.” He waited, knowing Ras wouldn’t give him anything. There was the concept that you need to keep your friends close, your enemies closer. The irony was not lost on Bruce how Ras might just be both.

They ate the oysters and the champagne, they both ordered off the menu, chef’s specialties, exotic meats, elegantly presented. If one didn’t know better they would have passed for discriminating gentlemen. Discriminating, yes, gentlemen, no.

At the end of dinner Bruce rose and extended his hand, “The money will be wired tomorrow, my attorneys have been reviewing the contracts it seems all is in order….” But then he made the request he had been waiting for. “I’d like to see the operation, I assume that would be possible…. when could we go take a look at what we’ve got … our investment?

Back