Hammered – an Ode to Mickey Spillane” - the 2024 Story Event Official Support Thread

Since there's a crime exercise as well, I'll not try to replicate the Spillane voice for this exercise. I'll keep my own voice and put the crime stories in the other exercise. Best of luck with this exercise, though.

Well, that deadline isn't too far away! I've finished and submitted it, and it is in Lit's holding pattern for the reveal in July.

Hurry along ganstas, Paradise won't keep awaitn'.

I can't possibly get the work I've outlined for this story done in time for the contest. I spent the last week putting the finishing touches on my prequel to Vengence Is Mine for the Crime and Punishment event later this year. I thought Hammered was later in the year than the other for some reason.

This year! I swear I will finish the story in time this year!

Back into Manhattan, circa 1938.

*dons fedora, checks for a round in the chamber of my convincer, puts the safety on*

If I get done with my new Theodora Drummond story in time, I guess I'll publish her simultaneously to when it goes up for sale. It's not a wise move.

I've been playing around (accent very firmly on "playing") with hard-boiled/noir over in The Playground. But there is no way I could come up with a full story, not this late. I would want to do something more serious. Nope, not this year.

Nope. Um....Wait...

Dammit. That could work.

Oh, hell, here we go...

OK. I'm in. Just submitted "Bone Picked Clean," a new story featuring the P.I. with a 10-inch dick who I introduced in this challenge event last year. I feel like this one's better, but I'm throwing it into Loving Wives. I'm real curious to see how he does over there. No matter. I had fun writing it. That's what we do, isn't it? We roll the dice.

So, I'm writing a story, I'm 4k words in and it's turning really dark. What categories are you all posting to? My story went from an exercise in breaking away from my usual trope to Non-Con and humiliation real quick.

Deep into mine now... it's been a riot writing it... literally, it's a prison riot story, and I think it ticks all the boxes. 💪

Been trying to write a Tarantino Grindhouse style Novel called Biker Fantasy that might work for this. I’ll have to tone down the eighteen year old FMC’s history but I’ll cross my fingers and see if I can get it out.
FYI I published Biker Fantasy on another site, but my story Crazy Fantasy Girl summarizes its events without objectionable material per Lit’s guidelines. Don’t have another story for this event right now. Oh well.

This was an odd one. I didn't think I'd have anything to submit to this event. The only ideas I had were basically for full-length novels, and it was hard to tell how I could trim them down.

So, I went full pants and just started on the one I thought most promising. From the start I had to a ton of fun slinging those weird metaphors, dancing at the edge of campy and cool.

After like 4k words, the rest of the plot fell into place, just like that. The final story is about 16k; I submitted it just now.

As the wise man once said: trust the pants.

Curious if anybody has gone back further to the Nick and Nora Thin Man era.

I knew these were going to be held until the 31st but I hadn't reckoned on the emotional impact of seeing a publication date that far in the future. It's nine days away! What will I do?!

I knew these were going to be held until the 31st but I hadn't reckoned on the emotional impact of seeing a publication date that far in the future. It's nine days away! What will I do?!
Terrible, isn't it? The Heroism one I submitted two weeks before deadline and guess what? It was just enough to write and publish another story! Go and do that :D

Just submitted mine...woo hoo! Mucho sex and violence...even though it's in the Romance category...but dammit, that's what it is! I had an absolute blast writing it, I must say...

I got about a quarter of the way through mine. If I get the energy and time, I'll put it along with my other Vengence tale in Crime and Punishment in September.

Back