Hammered – an Ode to Mickey Spillane” - the 2024 Story Event Official Support Thread

My story is up too! It's a murder mystery in a modern-day San Francisco. It hopefully shows that you don't need a gloomy, rain-soaked city for a hardboiled crime story :)

It's in first person PoV, obviously, which is actually my first time writing from that perspective. Also my first E&V story, so curious how that goes, too.

My story is up too! It's a murder mystery in a modern-day San Francisco. It hopefully shows that you don't need a gloomy, rain-soaked city for a hardboiled crime story :)

It's in first person PoV, obviously, which is actually my first time writing from that perspective. Also my first E&V story, so curious how that goes, too.
Sounds good! E&V is my fave...

Just wanted to share my experience: A day in and my story is at 10K+ views, 10 comments that are all positive, and a rating still hovering under 4.0. Loving Wives. I was arrogant enough to think I could do better there but it seems my sensibilities are not in synch.

Oh well. I knew a low score was a risk. Count me as having learned my lesson. I didn’t enter this challenge for the rating. I did it because it was fun for me to write this kind of thing. Thank you to Chloe Zhang.

I hope anyone interested isn’t scared off by the low rating. I definitely feel like my story contains some of my best sparkling prose, passages I’m actually proud of, even if they do indulge my love for first person internal monologues.

Bone Picked Clean

Some fucking good stories (and good fucking stories!) this year, guys and girls! Love all the tough talk, nasty sex, and heightened violence! Well done!

Is there an official page with all the stories? I’ve only seen six under the tag so I’m wondering if that’s all.

Back