Heroism - the Oggbashan Memorial Event 2024 Support Thread

Mine is already through! Really fast, much faster than I expected. Maybe NC/R doesn’t get the extra scrutiny I thought it does? In any case, it’s set to go on 7/14 with the others.

Looking forward to seeing all entries!

Ditto, mine is queued up as well. Now I really want to finish the other story I'm writing now, so it can go up at a similar time.

Question on the stand-alone rule:

Could I submit a story conceived and written as a standalone, but post a sequel or continuation in the future if it's interesting enough to spark a follow-up from me?
That only applies to competitions, so here, go for it.

My story from last year was a sequel. It still can be read independently, but it makes more sense reading the two in order.

Very close to done with my latest fantasy story... hoping to just make it in time. It's been a lot of fun writing this one. Hope everyone else has been having a good time too. This challenge inspired some very interesting tales last year...I'm sure 2024 will be no different. 🤔

Phew! Got mine in yesterday, and it's currently in pending... hopefully it will make the deadline. Great challenge, and another personally rewarding write for me...we'll see how the readers go! 🤔

Sitting in the dealership all day waiting for my cars AC to get fixed. I hope this will give me the time to finish my contribution.

Got mine in late last night. Sitting in Pending and waiting for the boss lady to give the thumbs up.

Same! And yes, I am losing sleep over it (for now). But I suppose if a story comes in a day or two late it can be added to the page with the other Ogg stories.
I hope so! It's always a little frustrating when you've written something especially for a comp/challenge, and then you have to sweat on it getting approved and posted...🤞

I hope so! It's always a little frustrating when you've written something especially for a comp/challenge, and then you have to sweat on it getting approved and posted...🤞
Ticked over to NEW with a date of 07/14/24 - so I think I am good. I first thought of this story over 5 months ago, and spent a lot of time researching the setting and history to weave into an intertwined story of heroism and romance set in Norway.

Ticked over to NEW with a date of 07/14/24 - so I think I am good. I first thought of this story over 5 months ago, and spent a lot of time researching the setting and history to weave into an intertwined story of heroism and romance set in Norway.
Me too! Glad to hear we'll both make it! This challenge is pretty significant, so it's great to know we'll be in there! I look forward to reading your story. 🙏

I only put the German dialogue version forward as the "official" entry. I was hoping to use that version to try and portray the angst and difficulty of being (almost) alone in an enemy country, unable to understand the language being spoken. It seems admin added the English version as well. :)

I had my story finished yesterday, thought the deadline was tonight, and set it aside to do one final polish this morning before turning it in.

So I am with you all in spirit, at least.

Read them all (well, I must confess there was one I started but didn't finish as it just wasn't my thing). @TheRedChamber 's blew me away, but there were some great romances in there too, some good chuckles to be had, and some genuinely moving moments of ordinary and extraordinary heroism.

Well done everyone.

Yay! Mine made it in! Finally kept my promise to name a character after The AH's @Devinter after his gargantuan story featuring shout outs to so many of us!

https://literotica.com/s/oz-beach-boy-warrior-hero

There are also a few other name checks in there if you want to rip through it and have a look. And yes, this is partially a sad, desperate means to up my views! 😉 I look forward to reading the entries. This event inspired some very, very interesting tales last year.

Back