Hey Trolly?

Tongue lasher said:
I don't know what you are talking about...what new name? This is me...Tongue Lasher...and nobody else.

i thought you said that you have been a victim of trolly's remarks.

since you only have one poem posted, and i see no indication there of the venom displayed toward the others, i assumed you were referring to work you posted under another name.

i also see that TheTrolly has officially registered and is on-line now. :)

he/she should be joining in, i would assume.

welcome. :rose:

Last edited:
PatCarrington said:
i thought you said that you have been a victim of trolly's remarks.

since you only have one poem posted, and i see no indication there of the venom displayed toward the others, i assumed you were referring to work you posted under another name.

No....I said I had been a victim of CRAPOLA...once from my poem and once within comments on one of Wickedeve's poems.

PatCarrington said:
i also see that TheTrolly has officially registered and is on-line now. :)

he/she should be joining in, i would assume.

welcome. :rose:

Surely, if the trolly is as accomplished as his bio would lead us to believe, he would have no problem delivering literate, instructive feedback.

Don't you agree?

Welcome, o sage one.

:rose:

Tongue lasher said:
No....I said I had been a victim of CRAPOLA...once from my poem and once within comments on one of Wickedeve's poems.

oh......

it just seems strange.

you use terms like "back patting" and "exclusive little club" and "mutual appreciation society" and "poetry mafia" like you have extensive time here and knowledge about the goings-on, yet you only have one poem and are new.

how did you pick up such solid opinions with such limited exposure?

PatCarrington said:
oh......

it just seems strange.

you use terms like "back patting" and "exclusive little club" and "mutual appreciation society" and "poetry mafia" like you have extensive time here and knowledge about the goings-on, yet you only have one poem and are new.

how did you pick up such solid opinions with such limited exposure?

Simple.

I've just decided to become a member so I could post my own poetry, but I've read others' work for quite a while now. So I had the time to see what is happening.

Tongue lasher said:
Simple.

I've just decided to become a member so I could post my own poetry, but I've read others' work for quite a while now. So I had the time to see what is happening.

and those were your conclusions? that there is some inner controlling cosa nostra?

well, i am not a made man, (though that potential ceremony holds much appeal :) ) but i've been here long enough to tell you not only that your conclusions are faulty, but complete rubbish.

PatCarrington said:
and those were your conclusions? that there is some inner controlling cosa nostra?

well, i am not a made man, (though that potential ceremony holds much appeal :) ) but i've been here long enough to tell you not only that your conclusions are faulty, but complete rubbish.

If you say so....but what do you call people only praising each other and NEVER saying a SINGLE bad thing about each other? If THAT isn't "mutual appreciation" and such I don't know what it is!

PatCarrington said:

Hmmmm....I think when I first came here way back in March, I noticed a very strong core of poets, who wrote very well, were very dedicated and helpful (even to me, a total newcomer to writing), who seemed to share a great deal with many others, and often had great fun trading barbs and witticisms amongst themselves, having become friends thru their common love of writing.

Those fucking bastards ! I've been decieved!

:rolleyes:

Tongue lasher said:
If you say so....but what do you call people only praising each other and NEVER saying a SINGLE bad thing about each other? If THAT isn't "mutual appreciation" and such I don't know what it is!

may i ask how long you have been reading the poetry here?

and how long and how closely you have been following the commentary?

why would you track everyone's commentary for the extent of time necessary to use the word "NEVER"? that extent of tracking would be the only way to know who said what about whom.

i personally have seen plenty of constructive critique laid out publically on even the best poets here, and know for certain more sensitive critiquing is done privately.

tungtied2u said:
Hmmmm....I think when I first came here way back in March, I noticed a very strong core of poets, who wrote very well, were very dedicated and helpful (even to me, a total newcomer to writing), who seemed to share a great deal with many others, and often had great fun trading barbs and witticisms amongst themselves, having become friends thru their common love of writing.

Those fucking bastards ! I've been decieved!

:rolleyes:

now here is someone with a good attitude. ;)

you are a man among men, tungtied. :D

Tongue lasher said:
I totally agree. But I enjoy mutual masturbation. The poetry really flows then. Okay, I'll say a "bad thing". Angeline, you're depriving your kinky side, and you know you are. Pat, well, I don't know you that well, but I'm sure you're annoying like most intelligent people. Boo, your smurf image is just creepy.
What happened to our inner oval? You don't know about the oval, do you, T.L.?

WickedEve said:
I totally agree. But I enjoy mutual masturbation. The poetry really flows then. Okay, I'll say a "bad thing". Angeline, you're depriving your kinky side, and you know you are. Pat, well, I don't know you that well, but I'm sure you're annoying like most intelligent people. Boo, your smurf image is just creepy.
What happened to our inner oval? You don't know about the oval, do you, T.L.?

don't tell her about the oval, eve. :)

PatCarrington said:
may i ask how long you have been reading the poetry here?

and how long and how closely you have been following the commentary?

why would you track everyone's commentary for the extent of time necessary to use the word "NEVER"? that extent of tracking would be the only way to know who said what about whom.

i personally have seen plenty of constructive critique laid out publically on even the best poets here, and know for certain more sensitive critiquing is done privately.

I've been following the "running" comment since the portal opened.

I didn't intend nor want to track comments...BUT... I couldn't help notice the same names cropping up praising (never criticising even constructively) each other's work.

As an aside: It's also noticeable the number of times people express bewilderment at one of their works but nonetheless don't have the nerve to rate it lower than 75. Please explain how can you rate something high if you don't understand it?

Originally posted by Tongue lasher I've been following the "running" comment since the portal opened.

I didn't intend nor want to track comments...BUT... I couldn't help notice the same names cropping up praising (never criticising even constructively) each other's work.
And that bugged you, didn't it? So, you decided to do something about it. Well, it's about time someone took care of the "problem." :kiss:

PatCarrington said:
don't tell her about the oval, eve. :)

I'm part of the oval. I am, right Eve?

And I have to agree with you on that smurf. Boo, you know I love you, but that smurf is creepin me out, too.

And Tongue Lasher, welcome to the thread. I'm glad you write though I don't agree with some of the stuff you've said in your comments. I know some people think poems can only be words on paper, but I'm not one of them.

And if you submit a poem and I like it, I'll say so--it doesn't matter to me who you are or aren't. If I don't comment it's because I didn't like a poem or, more likely, I didn't see it.

Tongue lasher said:
I've been following the "running" comment since the portal opened.

As an aside: It's also noticeable the number of times people express bewilderment at one of their works but nonetheless don't have the nerve to rate it lower than 75. Please explain how can you rate something high if you don't understand it?

don't you even want to know about the oval.....just a little?

come on. admit it. it might take some of the starch out of your shorts. ;)

Well you see Eve....here you sound like the kind of gal I could like :) You use wit and fun to take the piss out of me...nice doing by the way....and oh let's not forget the kiss at the end :)

Angeline...I don't know if you saw but just in case I'll let you know here that I went "trolling" on one of your poems....sorry it's not what you might expect :)

No hard feelings girls:kiss:

Angeline said:
I'm part of the oval. I am, right Eve?

And I have to agree with you on that smurf. Boo, you know I love you, but that smurf is creepin me out, too.

And Tongue Lasher, welcome to the thread. I'm glad you write though I don't agree with some of the stuff you've said in your comments. I know some people think poems can only be words on paper, but I'm not one of them.

And if you submit a poem and I like it, I'll say so--it doesn't matter to me who you are or aren't. If I don't comment it's because I didn't like a poem or, more likely, I didn't see it.
You're part of the oval since you continue to come back to it again and again and again and I thought you had left weeks ago.
By the way, you are so kind and welcoming. I usually am, but this time... I don't know. Something isn't right. My bitch senses are tingling. :devil:

PatCarrington said:
don't you even want to know about the oval.....just a little?

come on. admit it. it might take some of the starch out of your shorts. ;)

Nope Pat...I don't want to know about the oval nor about what's been going in your shorts since I happened on the scene ;)

Tongue lasher said:
Well you see Eve....here you sound like the kind of gal I could like :) You use wit and fun to take the piss out of me...nice doing by the way....and oh let's not forget the kiss at the end :)

Angeline...I don't know if you saw but just in case I'll let you know here that I went "trolling" on one of your poems....sorry it's not what you might expect :)

No hard feelings girls:kiss:
Damn. I just posted something about my bitch senses tingling and here you are being nice. You just stomped on a perfectly good bitch mood!

WickedEve said:
Damn. I just posted something about my bitch senses tingling and here you are being nice. You just stomped on a perfectly good bitch mood!

We won't start a bitching contest okay....lets do that on each other's poem if you want...more fun that way....and who knows you might even find out that you like me:D

Tongue lasher said:
We won't start a bitching contest okay....lets do that on each other's poem if you want...more fun that way....and who knows you might even find out that you like me:D
You're like a mean little dog that barks and barks and finally bites. Then once it's had a taste of fleeing ass, it calms down and wants its tummy rubbed. Ohhhh, dat's a good puppy! Yesss, yesss, you're a gooood puppy. Okay, stop chewing on my leg. Stop it!

Back