Homophobes on Lit?

I'm now reading that story, and I have to post and say how wonderful it is. MlledeLaPlumeBleu is breathtakingly literate, sinuous, and delicate:

He was laughing, charmed by my discomfiture.

"Tell me, Andre-" and though he did not touch me, a shudder passed through my frame. "Shall I speak to you of unspeakable things?"

He spoke caressingly, like a benevolent serpent.

I love her use of language. I love the uniqueness and piercing closeness of her descriptions:

Turning my head, I let my eyes open to him, plaintive, bare- I hid nothing. My entire body raged on the point of a pin. My breath cast out from my lips, spun like shadows, like spider-silk.

Everyone should read this for the beauty of writing.

Decoding feedback...

It's a lost art, but when I read any feedback to something I've written I take several things into account, and here's the number 1 thing:

I know this may sound silly, but if the feedback has a lot of spelling mistakes in it, and obviously not typos, I take it that the person probably never even read the whole story if they even read it at all. But that perhaps the title, or genre set them off on a tirade, or vendeta of some personal nature. Or if they did read it, the story was so believable to them that it set them off. In either case, to me at least, this becomes good feedback, and not bad when I consider the source. And that's how I first receive all feedback, good or bad.

And that's just one of the many decoding things that I do with feedback that I get from any of my stories.

DS

MlledeLaPlumeBleu said:
You write stories for fetishes you don't find erotic??

Wow, Ogg- that's actually really interesting. I wonder how many other people do that. Is it like a challenge issued to yourself, to see if you can eroticize it, or just for kicks on a whim?

Hmm. I'm quite curious now.
I write BDSM novels (ten and a half published and for sale) although I have never spanked anyone in my life, let alone used a whip; nor have I ever been on the receiving end. It doesn't turn me on, so I feel that it actually allows me to write better.

How many stories have you seen where the spelling and punctuation go completely pears shaped in the hot bits, and it is obvious that the author is all excited?

PS The half is a joint-author deal.

Back