Husbands - How many men is too many?

My wife had about 20 before me and during our dating. I’m 8 years older and had about 50 for comparison. I think it’s good if a woman has experience. She knows what she wants sexually and emotionally. Not sure, but that might make for a more stable relationship. I wouldn’t care if she had more. Although we’ve been monogamous for the last 30 years, I wouldn’t care if she wanted to fuck other guys during our marriage, in fact it would be pretty erotic, but she has no inclination, which is fine. Our sex life is great.

Been married between 10-15 years now. Can honestly say her number was never important to me. Before, during, or after our wedding. To be fair, it’s a low number (I’m only 5) so maybe that’s why but we’ve discussed how I wish she would’ve been more experienced (because I wasn’t at all so clearly a higher number doesn’t bother me theoretically.

Been married between 10-15 years now. Can honestly say her number was never important to me. Before, during, or after our wedding. To be fair, it’s a low number (I’m only 5) so maybe that’s why but we’ve discussed how I wish she would’ve been more experienced (because I wasn’t at all so clearly a higher number doesn’t bother me theoretically.
I love that her number after your wedding doesn’t bother you.

There is no such thing as too many from my point of view. When I was younger I might not have said that, but even then I tended to be attracted to sluts.

I suppose I can see why it matters to some guys, especially if it is rooted in a religious belief system and assuming they also live their life according to that belief system.

But I have never understood the guys who associate promiscuity with the likelihood of betrayal. The promiscuous women I have known have been those most likely to know their own selves. They did not mislead me in terms of where I stood even if did take me a while to catch on to why they weren't prepared to enter into a committed relationship. And they seem to be more clear headed about their trade-offs if and when they do become monogamous.

Meanwhile of the women that I know who have cheated most had entered into marriage with limited sexual experience and their lack of self awareness and perspective is part of what led them to cheat.

Furthermore, if you want a sexually exciting and adventurous woman doesn't it make sense to choose one with experience. I mean you wouldn't draft players to a sports team on the basis of which ones had the least experience.

Last edited:
Before we were married I didn’t care about previous partners but that was the 60’s so it wouldn’t have been too many since we got married probably 50+ but when you were in the lifestyle you didn’t really count.

I can't think of a number, it really depends on the person your wife is.

If your wife slept with 50 people but has a healthy attitude towards sexuality and relationship, you shouldn't worry about the number of people she slept with.

My wife slept with less than 10 guys before she met me, I think its healthy that she had experienced different guys before marrying me.

At 42, I'm my wife's 2nd. I actually kind of wish she'd had a couple more. My count is 3.

I have a friend who just turned 27 and i think her count might be in the 20s. Don't know how i would feel comparing to that. I can say I'm fine with it, but I'm not dating or trying to date, her.

My wife's count was 6 in college, well that she admitted. Since I never had sex with her when she was a virgin, I do not have a comparison. It really does not matter to me. She feels the same to me if we have sex two days in a row so obviously she feels the same to me after she has been with someone else. I think her count has been four since we have been married.

I used to think that too many might be a problem. I learned later it WAS a problem, my problem. I've started to realize what I was taught as a young man wasn't necessarily right. How many my wife had didn't matter to me when we met, and it wouldn't have changed how I feel about her. With the above said, she's only been with me.

Last edited:
If you are on 9 you might as well go to 10…just try and stop before you get to 11, but if you go to 11 you might as well go to 12 😈

Back