I was wondering.........

Angelofsex said:
I see alot of subs asking or answering questions, where are the Dom. Maybe the are doing it, but I just don't know that they are. Is there more subs here then Doms?

Artful and Mr Wolf I know, and care about

Hi Angel,

As one of the Dom's here I wanted to address your questions.

It seems that the real question you are asking is "Why don't Dom/mes ask more questions?"

I think there are more subs than Doms here. Of course, that is neither good nor bad, just a fact. Therefore it seems that a lot of questions are being asked by them, which in fact, they are. Also, there are more novice subs here than Dom/mes so I think that subs look to questions as the best way to learn about BDSM.

As a Dom, I don't usually learn by asking questions. Although I would consider fairly experienced, there is always more to learn. And each of us has preferred ways of doing it. I learn by responding to other's questions and reallythinking through my answers. When I really consider not only what I think but reflect on why I think it I often gain insight into myself.

Just a few thoughts. But please, feel free to ask questions or start threads and I will be sure to try and give you good, thoughtful answers. Welcome to the board!

Zip

Angelofsex said:
I see alot of subs asking or answering questions, where are the Dom. Maybe the are doing it, but I just don't know that they are. Is there more subs here then Doms?

Artful and Mr Wolf I know, and care about

I think they wouldn't look very Domly if they went around asking questions all the time, now would they?

~Your (bedroom only) Dom.

Re: Re: I was wondering.........

Sandia said:

I think they wouldn't look very Domly if they went around asking questions all the time, now would they?

~Your (bedroom only) Dom.

Actually Sandia I have to diasagree with you. I came here to learn and grow. I have no qualms about asking questions if I have them. If I was worried about looking "undomly" I would never have posted some of the "BDSM Bloopers" I have done in my life.

Now I realize that you did not "direct" your response to me, and I am not being defensive. I would just hate to see any new dom/mes afraid to ask questions because they would be afraid of how they would look to the subs (or other dom/mes) on this site. I have a pretty fair amount of experience, so I don't have a lot of questions, per se. However, if I did I would ask them in the same honest manner that many of the subs do.

Zip

Re: Re: Re: I was wondering.........

zipman7 said:

Actually Sandia I have to diasagree with you. I came here to learn and grow. I have no qualms about asking questions if I have them. If I was worried about looking "undomly" I would never have posted some of the "BDSM Bloopers" I have done in my life.

Now I realize that you did not "direct" your response to me, and I am not being defensive. I would just hate to see any new dom/mes afraid to ask questions because they would be afraid of how they would look to the subs (or other dom/mes) on this site. I have a pretty fair amount of experience, so I don't have a lot of questions, per se. However, if I did I would ask them in the same honest manner that many of the subs do.

Zip

Same here. I do not ask many questions here because my issues and concerns are not usually addressed well here. I have a mentor, I have a couple of close Domme friends, and I post to a couple of FemDom/malesub lists where I am more likely to discuss my concerns.

Ebony

Re: Re: I was wondering.........

Ebonyfire said:

It seems to me that the interest is in what the male Doms have to say.

I personally do not like repeating myself over and over again to the merely curious.

If anyone is interested in my point of view various topics, they can do a search and find them.

I am busy with real life and skin-to-skin. I find that more stimulating than the arguing that masks itself as "discussion" on Lit. I am in serious pursuit of Magic right now.

If anyone has any questions relating to FemDomme/malesub issues, just ask.

Ebony

I wanted to add that I imagine there are lot of people here who have posted their point of view or answered questions along the way and they don't want to repeat themselves. If you are wondering about a topic that might have been covered here before, please go check the BDSM Talk Library. There is a link to it at the top of the forum. I think the newcomers here will find a wealth of information there. :)

Good luck.

PBW

Back