I will never understand...

Oh, that's been gone over, Rumple. Part of my DB class is also my SS class and we went over the Song of Solomon there. But we watched this video in which a preacher insisted that this was about relations between a man and his wife. 'Course, with Solomon, there were a lot of girls' navels and breasts to write songs about...:rolleyes:

Jenny, to get your vote total, are you multiplying the rating times how many people have voted? And if so, are you rounding to the nearest number or rounding down each time? Just curious.

CrimsonMaiden said:
Jenny, to get your vote total, are you multiplying the rating times how many people have voted? And if so, are you rounding to the nearest number or rounding down each time? Just curious.

I am multiplying the Vote Score by the number of votes. I realize this does not necessarily give you an integer response because the vote score is rounded also.

I have been using the normal convention for rounding. If the decimal is .5 or less I round down. .501 or larger I round up. I used a trial method to see if this worked using known votes and it does very closely.

The whole thing has been vastly simplified by the number of 1 votes. For instance, at one point total votes cast by 49 people was 224.91. At 51 votes the total was 226.95. That's clearly two 1 votes.

Jenny _S said:
I am multiplying the Vote Score by the number of votes. I realize this does not necessarily give you an integer response because the vote score is rounded also.

I have been using the normal convention for rounding. If the decimal is .5 or less I round down. .501 or larger I round up. I used a trial method to see if this worked using known votes and it does very closely.

The whole thing has been vastly simplified by the number of 1 votes. For instance, at one point total votes cast by 49 people was 224.91. At 51 votes the total was 226.95. That's clearly two 1 votes.

I did exactly this the other day and found that one of my stories received a fairly large number of fives and a few ones. Can't recall the exact number now, but it made me wonder what happened to the middle ground. As a result I've stopped analysing votes to that degree, because it could become an obsession wasting time better spent writing.

Back