ImpishSeraph's Room

I have been boogie boarding since I was 10 years old. I've had mishaps and ran into people, been hit by surfers, you name it, but today I had the biggest wipeout that I have ever had! I was not even far out. The wave was huge and I didn't quite notice how big. I saw the swell come and could tell I would catch it just right. I jumped into it and it happened to be a barrel wave. I wasn't prepared for that and didn't jump into it as I would have a barrel. I saw the water come down in front of me and hit the front of the board and I knew.

It took my board and me under and I rolled 5 or 6 times. I went to get up once I stopped rolling and between the undertow and another wave, I tumbled again a few more times. I couldn't get my footing and the water wasn't even to my waist. I could see a guy running toward me to help me and tried to stand again, only this time my ankles were tangled in my cord and I fell backward trying to take a balancing step. I was able to get it untangled fast, jumped up, looked around to make sure no more waves were coming to knock me down again, took a huge breath and turned back around.

The guy coming at me stopped, looked me up and down then turned to go for something dark in the water. I bent down to grab my board and that is when I noticed that I had lost my bottoms. They were around my ankles under the water. I bent over to pull them up quickly. Struggled to go after my hat which was tumbling in the waves, the guy was staring at me again. It was at that point that I noticed my shirt was pushed way up and twisted around my neck. I pulled it down grabbed my hat before it sunk turned around with my board and hat in hand and went back out into the water. Gave everyone on the beach full exposure except for bra with boobs hanging out from the tumble.

*smacks self in the forehead*

I have been boogie boarding since I was 10 years old. I've had mishaps and ran into people, been hit by surfers, you name it, but today I had the biggest wipeout that I have ever had! I was not even far out. The wave was huge and I didn't quite notice how big. I saw the swell come and could tell I would catch it just right. I jumped into it and it happened to be a barrel wave. I wasn't prepared for that and didn't jump into it as I would have a barrel. I saw the water come down in front of me and hit the front of the board and I knew.

It took my board and me under and I rolled 5 or 6 times. I went to get up once I stopped rolling and between the undertow and another wave, I tumbled again a few more times. I couldn't get my footing and the water wasn't even to my waist. I could see a guy running toward me to help me and tried to stand again, only this time my ankles were tangled in my cord and I fell backward trying to take a balancing step. I was able to get it untangled fast, jumped up, looked around to make sure no more waves were coming to knock me down again, took a huge breath and turned back around.

The guy coming at me stopped, looked me up and down then turned to go for something dark in the water. I bent down to grab my board and that is when I noticed that I had lost my bottoms. They were around my ankles under the water. I bent over to pull them up quickly. Struggled to go after my hat which was tumbling in the waves, the guy was staring at me again. It was at that point that I noticed my shirt was pushed way up and twisted around my neck. I pulled it down grabbed my hat before it sunk turned around with my board and hat in hand and went back out into the water. Gave everyone on the beach full exposure except for bra with boobs hanging out from the tumble.

Glad to hear you weren’t hurt, sad I wasn’t there with a camera. 😉

At least you're alright and everyone got a good show 🤷

I am surprised your story didn't involve a lifeguard. That's a lot of chaos and easy for panic to set in quickly.
I was ok, I just had a hard time getting to my feet. Flip 6 or 7 times quickly and your dizzy especially with a cord wrapped around your ankles and apparently don't notice when you lose your clothes. :ROFLMAO: Plus all of this happened in a few minutes. It was quick.

I was ok, I just had a hard time getting to my feet. Flip 6 or 7 times quickly and your dizzy especially with a cord wrapped around your ankles and apparently don't notice when you lose your clothes. :ROFLMAO: Plus all of this happened in a few minutes. It was quick.
I once was water skiing and my trunks decided not to come up with the rest of me. But I realized that almost immediately 🤣

I once was water skiing and my trunks decided not to come up with the rest of me. But I realized that almost immediately 🤣
I think I was terrified from flipping. I honestly didn't realize. I'm hoping nobody noticed except that guy running to save me LOL I was only in water a little above my knees. Deep enough not to see my bottoms at my ankles

I think I was terrified from flipping. I honestly didn't realize. I'm hoping nobody noticed except that guy running to save me LOL I was only in water a little above my knees. Deep enough not to see my bottoms at my ankles
I've had some frightening wipe outs in the water where I couldn't tell up from down. Takes a lot of effort to just take a moment and not panic.

I'm never around to see the good things though. Your rescuer is lucky. 😂

Back