JD Vance Fired by Trump Watch Thread

I read on another board (without confirmation) that there was like a dozen people there.

Shit like this makes me hopeful the will be a(nother) hot mic moment with Trump or Vance calling Harris a bitch.

JD Vance Says Kamala Harris 'Can Go To Hell'​

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/jd-vance-kamala-harris-can-go-to-hell_n_66cf8a82e4b0b422df214bc2
Republican vice presidential candidate JD Vance said Wednesday that Democratic presidential nominee Kamala Harris “can go to hell.”
The caustic comment came in response to a reporter’s question about an “altercation” Monday at Arlington National Cemetery, where Trump reportedly posed for photos over the objections of cemetery officials.

This is who they are.

Ex-Miss Teen SC fires back at JD Vance after he mocked her | Palmetto ...

Today Caitlin "Caite" Upton of Lexington said in a social media post that it was "a shame" that her tongue-tied answer is "still being brought up." Vance has refused to apologize.

Beauty queen calls for 'bullying to stop' after JD Vance resurfaces ...

Today Caitlin Upton, who was crowned Miss South Carolina Teen USA 2007, is speaking out after being pulled back into the spotlight. On Thursday, Republican vice presidential candidate JD Vance shared a ...

Walz, the first lady of Minnesota and a former English teacher, took aim at Vance for his latest attack on childless women, this time when it was revealed that he slammed a teachers’ union leader for not having a “single child.”

The attack on Randi Weingarten, president of the American Federation of Teachers, had been made by Vance at a Christian forum in 2021 with the audio unearthed this week by the left-leaning Heartland Signal. “Randi Weingarten, who’s the head of the most powerful teachers’ union in the country, she doesn’t have a single child,” Vance said in 2021. “If she wants to brainwash and destroy the minds of children, she should have some of her own and leave ours the hell alone.” Weingarten herself called the comments “nonsensical” and pointed out that she considers herself a mother by marriage to her wife’s two biological children.

Gwen WALZ (not vance!, ty Laz), addressing an Educators for Harris-Walz event in Manassas, Virginia:
“For a long time Tim and I were teachers who struggled with infertility and we were only able to start a family because of fertility treatment,” she said, according to footage from NBC News. “So this is really personal for me, and I think it is for millions of Americans.

“So let me use my teacher voice,”
she added to cheers. “English teachers, you know what these babies are for,” she said as she put on reading glasses. “Mr. Vance, how about you mind your own business?”
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...p&cvid=5ef1b3bb846e4cc69ed2196282a69fa5&ei=97

Last edited:
ok, whilst this doesn't directly address vance, it is 100% linked to his voiced opinions about childless women. A female surgeon expresses her own thoughts about having an important career and having made the choice not to have children.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/ot...p&cvid=6e5f56075f014091a30dd6d6b8b0f24e&ei=42

With every unsolicited comment made to me over the years, the lens through which the world sees my life has been made increasingly clear: A woman’s worth is based solely on her willingness to reproduce — not on her intelligence, her work or her contributions to society. My ability to perform lifesaving surgery, my community, my family and all my other aspirations — seem to count for little when I answer “no” to having kids.

Over time, I’ve come to believe that this singular maternal focus for progress and improved support in the workplace is isolating and narrow. In the medical field especially, while much has been written about the working mother’s perspective and the lack of support she is likely to receive — all true and worthy of our collective attention — there are so many other issues women face in the workplace that are minimized as a result of beating this single drum. What about pay differences, delayed promotion and professional advancement, and lack of adequate support and mentorship for all women in the workplace?
The sole focus for the advancement of women professionals seems to be not increasing their success professionally but instead how to create boundaries with work to get them back to their “true” calling and purpose: motherhood.

Conversations about my reproductive life have come in all shapes and sizes, but the most common one has been with both men and women who have tried to convince me that I am wrong. I would be “so good” at it, they say, especially given that I work with children every day.

vance, 2017, endorsed the heritage foundation report and was key speaker at its release... but, nah, there are no ties to project 2025, nosireeebobsy
people on the internet are keen to remind him of the past :)

The document in question is the “Index of Culture and Opportunity” put together by the Heritage Foundation to analyze cultural and economic trends from a conservative perspective. Vance, who had not yet entered politics and was chiefly known as the author of “Hillbilly Elegy,” wrote an introduction for the report, praising it for “shed[ding] needed light on our country’s most difficult and intractable problems.” And as The New York Times has pointed out, he was also the keynote speaker at the release of the report.

The document includes essays that espouse right-wing talking points, targeting single-parent households, divorce rates, welfare programs and housing assistance. In one article, author Jennifer Lahl, the president of an anti-abortion organization, writes that women should have children at a younger age and decries the use of fertility treatments like in vitro fertilization to delay pregnancy until women are older.
The resurfacing on Tuesday of Vance's involvement in the 2017 document comes as Trump continues to attempt to distance himself from the Heritage Foundation, which authored Project 2025 as a blueprint for his second term.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...&cvid=7d8bcafb599343ad966e1f9c1e598ec1&ei=114

Very reminiscent of Mitt Romney’s answer when a woman asked him how he would fix the economy so she wouldn’t have to work three jobs just to get by and he was so aloof / detached / tone deaf that he ignored the question and said something to the effect of: “That’s great - you’re the model of a hard working American”.

Good answer!!!

😑

🤬

Back