Just out of curiosity...

Groningen

wildsweetone said:
By the way do you know of Groningen? lol DON'T answer that!

I'll take the bait anyway ;) For Dutch standards of distance, it's WAY up in the North, where people talk with a funny accent. But they'll think the same of my accent.

Paul

Nice thing about Canada is the space eh.

If I say I live in Canada heck I could be anywhere within the second largest country on the planet (second after Russia).

If I say I live in Ontario, well that is still a lot of turf too.

Lovely place if you like lots of space.

Aside from about 10 cities holding almost all of our real population, the countryside is basically farming or trees.

I get a real thrill out of the fact I can take off my clothes and walk around in the outskirts of town and not have to give a damn.
There is just nothing and no one out there eh.

its Leslie said:

I get a real thrill out of the fact I can take off my clothes and walk around in the outskirts of town and not have to give a damn.

i reckon i'm overdue for doing that now. hmm roll on midnight!

ohhh Paul i've nearly got you pinpointed! ;) just teasing.

its Leslie said:
Just a couple questions...
How often do you take these little walks? And, could this be the reason "there is just nothing and no one out there eh?"

After all, it does seem a bit strange that there is all of that space and nobody (but you) out walking in it. Eh? :eek:

Paul X35, I live in a Country / County - Cornwall with a population of about 500,000. Where lots of us (the indiginous population not the incomers) are inter-related by blood and marriage. I use my own name - in full and know what? No One has ever said anything about my stories or postings either on this site or other places where my work is published.

:rolleyes: Should I be sad that fame/infamy eludes me?:confused:

jon:devil: :devil: :devil:

PS The Avitar is the Cornish Flag.

I can take off my clothes and walk around in the outskirts of town and not have to give a damn

You mean it gets warm enough up there to do this?

Just kidding ;)

Hmm I do this when the mood hits me eh (not often though).

As for space, well several square miles of largely farmland scrub or just plain scrub or brush or brush and swamp or just plain swamp, guess you get the idea.

Nope there just aint nothing out there sums up lots of Canada (accept trees and bugs, which explains part of my selectivity of occurances hehe).

As for cold, hmm an hour in the dead of winter doesn't faze me. Actually an hour in the middle of winter is less annoying than an hour in the dead of summer. Frost does bite eh heheh, but not the same way as bugs.

But I am all Canadian, and of Scottish decent (3 generations out of the highlands). I guess my blood is just naturally fond of the cold.

Ha! my ancestors came from Sweden and Scotland, and that's still way too cold for me. I'll bet you're one of these Polar Bear types that go swimming among chunks of ice. Brrrrrr!:eek:

Back