Lands Challenge Thread

Re: A Challenge for Lauren

WickedEve said:
Lauren, I challenge you to a free form poem that consists of 5 strophes 3-6 lines each. This poems must have at least one internal rhyme, alliteration in 3 lines, a BDSM metaphor for work, life, or love. The title must be "Microscopic Men In My Mind."

(And you have 30 seconds to write it! :D)
Okay, Lauren, I did your hypersonnet. Now where's my free form, internal rhyme, alliteration, BDSM metaphor poem?! Your 30 seconds are up! :devil:

Re: Dr4ke

_Land said:
I challenge you to write a Sonnett to not a person, but one of your hobbies. :p then pass a challenge on!

Okay, I've had some time so here goes. I prefer the Shakespearean sonnet by the way. Call me boring ;-)

I move more slowly than my partner does.
Instinct oft serves her well, while I delay,
and thus doth time run out on both of us
for only balance makes the longest play.

My opening goes down with practised ease.
She blushes when I chase her 'cross the floor.
Developments have brought her to her knees
and now she thinks of strategy once more.

Bewitched by opened collar, showing chest
I lose my focus, and the game of chess.

Aaahhh I love form poetry - the challenge of working against constraints. :)

Thanks Land,

Quack

the D

Challenge -> perky

perky, my :heart:, I challenge you to write a Kyrielle with some mention of orgasmic invocations to God to echo the original poems' Kyrie Eleison theme :)

Quack

the D

Re: Re: Dr4ke

Bravo, that is fantastic :) Thanks for the great sonnet Drake

_Land

TheDR4KE said:
Okay, I've had some time so here goes. I prefer the Shakespearean sonnet by the way. Call me boring ;-)

I move more slowly than my partner does.
Instinct oft serves her well, while I delay,
and thus doth time run out on both of us
for only balance makes the longest play.

My opening goes down with practised ease.
She blushes when I chase her 'cross the floor.
Developments have brought her to her knees
and now she thinks of strategy once more.

Bewitched by opened collar, showing chest
I lose my focus, and the game of chess.

Aaahhh I love form poetry - the challenge of working against constraints. :)

Thanks Land,

Quack

the D

TheDR4KE said:
Challenge -> perky

perky, my :heart:, I challenge you to write a Kyrielle with some mention of orgasmic invocations to God to echo the original poems' Kyrie Eleison theme :)

Lord Have Mercy

Remembering how he touched me there
insistent fingers, white underwear.
Virtue gone faster than holy wind
Forgive me father for I have sinned

Writhing against his insistent finger
sighing as his tongue did linger.
On hallowed ground he had me pinned
Forgive me father for I have sinned.

Arching upward in supplication
thighs spread wide for penetration.
Knees rubbed raw and slightly skinned

I cried out Oh lord my God
spare your child, but not thy rod.
And although I know thou art chagrined

perky_baby said:
Lord Have Mercy

Remembering how he touched me there
insistent fingers, white underwear.
Virtue gone faster than holy wind
Forgive me father for I have sinned

Writhing against his insistent finger
sighing as his tongue did linger.
On hallowed ground he had me pinned

Arching upward in supplication
thighs spread wide for penetration.
Knees rubbed raw and slightly skinned

I cried out Oh lord my God
spare your child, but not thy rod.
And although I know thou art chagrined

Awesome! I'd forgotten this one from catechism class. You'd better post this, Perks, or you will get a spanking. Wait a minute... How's that a threat?

;)
- Judo

Re: Re: A Challenge for Lauren

WickedEve said:
Okay, Lauren, I did your hypersonnet. Now where's my free form, internal rhyme, alliteration, BDSM metaphor poem?! Your 30 seconds are up! :devil:
I'm working on it, you wicked woman! I have no problem whatsoever with free form, internal rhyme, or alliteration. But I don't have any idea on how to approach the BDSM thing. Right now I'm doing some research and reading on the subject. and in about 30 minutes "Kink" is on TV, so maybe I'll check it out. So... I need more time. Please? :D

Re: Re: Re: A Challenge for Lauren

Lauren.Hynde said:
I'm working on it, you wicked woman! I have no problem whatsoever with free form, internal rhyme, or alliteration. But I don't have any idea on how to approach the BDSM thing. Right now I'm doing some research and reading on the subject. and in about 30 minutes "Kink" is on TV, so maybe I'll check it out. So... I need more time. Please? :D
I'll give you an extra 30 seconds and a spanking. That's my best offer, Lauren. Take it or... well, you just have to take it!

DR. mabeuse Challenged

Dr, being from the windy city, and doing the slam thing....I challenge you to write a Slam poem in the form of Haiku's
10 of them to be specific, The central theme of these Haiku's should be about butterflies ;) Have fun, we all wait with baited breath(hoping Rybka will kiss us) for your response :))

Welcome to the poetry board my esteemed friend!

Regards _Land

Re: Re: Re: Re: A Challenge for Lauren

WickedEve said:
I'll give you an extra 30 seconds and a spanking. That's my best offer, Lauren. Take it or... well, you just have to take it!
Are those 30 seconds like the first 30 seconds (worth roughly a week)? If so, I'm in! If not, I'll take the spanking now, please :devil:

Nice one, Land :)

Just one thing: if you're asking for 10 haiku, then it's not "a poem" really... It's 10 poems... Frankly, I think it's very hard to come up with 10 Slam haiku involving butterflies! ;)

Good luck, doc. I hope you're still around.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: A Challenge for Lauren

Lauren.Hynde said:
Are those 30 seconds like the first 30 seconds (worth roughly a week)? If so, I'm in! If not, I'll take the spanking now, please :devil:
Well, in your part of the world I guess 30 seconds equals a week. lol But I'm going to spank you anyway!

Lauren.Hynde said:

Just one thing: if you're asking for 10 haiku, then it's not "a poem" really... It's 10 poems... Frankly, I think it's very hard to come up with 10 Slam haiku involving butterflies! ;)

I've seen "poems" made up of connecting haikus. I'd love to see a 10 haiku poem about butterflies from the doc. If he doesn't meet the challenge then maybe Senna will. :) (Though, I doubt it would be a challenge for him.)

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: A Challenge for Lauren

WickedEve said:
Well, in your part of the world I guess 30 seconds equals a week. lol But I'm going to spank you anyway!
Actually, I'm trying to get as much info on the BDSM subject as I can before I even attempt to write something. Can you recomend me some poetry?

WickedEve said:
I've seen "poems" made up of connecting haikus. I'd love to see a 10 haiku poem about butterflies from the doc. If he doesn't meet the challenge then maybe Senna will. :) (Though, I doubt it would be a challenge for him.)
I still think it's cheating. Haiku is haiku. If they can't be separated, you just have a poem with 10 tercets...

Lauren.Hynde said:
I still think it's cheating. Haiku is haiku. If they can't be separated, you just have a poem with 10 tercets...
I read a "poem" with 3 haikus. It was laid out this way:

I
haiku

II
haiku

III
haiku

And the 3 haikus were all connected to tell one story. Maybe it wasn't really a poem. Maybe it was no longer haiku. Maybe you should be quiet and getting ready for that ass spanking. :D

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: A Challenge for Lauren

Lauren.Hynde said:
Actually, I'm trying to get as much info on the BDSM subject as I can before I even attempt to write something. Can you recomend me some poetry?
Try cymbidia's poety or WriterDom's, and the BDSM forum has a thread filled with BDSM links and threads with all sorts of general BDSM info. You can probably find everything you need to know on that board.

WickedEve said:
I read a "poem" with 3 haikus. It was laid out this way:

I
haiku

II
haiku

III
haiku

And the 3 haikus were all connected to tell one story. Maybe it wasn't really a poem. Maybe it was no longer haiku. Maybe you should be quiet and getting ready for that ass spanking. :D
Did we ever reach a conclusion regarding the number of syllables in a haiku? And what's the plural of haiku? I've seen haikus and haikai, but there's no plural in japanese...

Anyway... I have nothing to slam about, and I think 4 is a good number:

butterflies and amphorku

Butterflies lay
in my fingers
   your breasts.

Fingers lay
in your breasts
   blind butterflies

Shape of thighs
in my hands
   an amphora

Spaces of amphorae
in my hands
   your thighs

The thing about challenges is that they are challenging ;)
also the constraints are made to be broken ;)
and yes its not a "poem" but a series if you will.
:X

Lauren.Hynde said:

shall i open the challenge up ;) I still have an 8 stanza poem to write about life in the states, Lauren did you see that challenge? I would love to see you answer that one too. :)
The challenge to Zhuk

Lauren.Hynde said:
Did we ever reach a conclusion regarding the number of syllables in a haiku? And what's the plural of haiku? I've seen haikus and haikai, but there's no plural in japanese...

Anyway... I have nothing to slam about, and I think 4 is a good number:

butterflies and amphorku

Butterflies lay
in my fingers
   your breasts.

Fingers lay
in your breasts
   blind butterflies

Shape of thighs
in my hands
   an amphora

Spaces of amphorae
in my hands
   your thighs

After you Land!

Land,

I will wait and see what you write before I even attempt this one - therefore you better hurry.

Zhuk

_Land said:
shall i open the challenge up ;) I still have an 8 stanza poem to write about life in the states, Lauren did you see that challenge? I would love to see you answer that one too. :)
The challenge to Zhuk

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: A Challenge for Lauren

WickedEve said:
Try cymbidia's poety or WriterDom's, and the BDSM forum has a thread filled with BDSM links and threads with all sorts of general BDSM info. You can probably find everything you need to know on that board.
Thank you, Eve. ;)

_Land said:
The challenge to Zhuk
I don't live in "the states", and I already have a challenge pending :p LOL

LH this was the original challenge

ZHUK Challenged
Zhuk, you have given us a brief view of yourself and your country,
Your challenge is this write a poem about your typical day, a typical day in your country........In turn i will write a poem about a typical day in america as I see it The poem should be a full day from waking up in the morning to the dream at night. Minimum of 6 stanzas, I am In the USA, any of our other writers would like to do a typical day in their country it would be great. I am interested in the contrast. Have fun with it

Back