Link Policy Complaints

Speaking as someone that runs 1500 websites I can tell you that links are deadly.

Todays valid link is tomorrow's spam, virus, phishing, hijacking, God knows what else.

Websites go out of business all the time and the bad guys know that. They'll pick them up and convert them to something you really don't want to visit.

You'd have to be checking every outgoing link constantly to maintain your site.

I can imagine the howls of discontent the first time someone gets hijacked or a virus. You'd be blaming the site admins for ALLOWING links.

Nothing will take a site down faster in the search engines than having spammy links in their content.

To keep this place clean I understand WHY they would put limits on it.

And most web browsers have check for those sites they know about and divert you to a big warning page telling you about a problem that was report or found on the site you are trying to link too.

OP: Nobody is forcing you to post for free on a free website with stated rules.

And most web browsers have check for those sites they know about and divert you to a big warning page telling you about a problem that was report or found on the site you are trying to link too.

Because computer owners have such a sterling reputation for keeping them updated right :rolleyes: ;)

Because computer owners have such a sterling reputation for keeping them updated right :rolleyes: ;)

I don't have to keep anything up to day for that... it's part of Chrome. It looks up the site your are trying to get to over on a google server and checks if its trouble.

My antivirus also does the same thing and updates itself everyday.

I don't have to do a thing, except make sure the wifi is turned on.

Back