Literotica Writer's Group in Design

What day of the week and time of day works best for you for the chat side of the house?

Do you like the idea of limiting the work for comments to 500 words? Do you want less or more?

Do you think we should do one long thread or should we break it up into each author has a thread? I noticed today that Blurty.com has a community thing going on there, would we be better using that to post our work? The goal is to make it as easy to read and find every week as possible, right?

When would be the best for us to schedule the first chat, next week? Week after?

I think there should be like five days between the cut off to submit a piece for discussion and chat so everyone has a chance to work the reading into their schedules. Is this good? Any better ideas?

Is it unanimous that we pose no limits on prose submitted as far as content (beyond what Lit allows to be posted here) and that we just say no to poetry?

i suggest 8.30am NZ time, Monday morning - please feel free to help me figure out what time that is in Littime.

i agree with 500 words as a basic discussion limit (however it should be okay to post up to 750 to help with background - highlight in bold the 500 words to be discussed).

i reckon one long thread for posting all participant's stories.

i suggest first chat is 4th November - with work in discussion posted one week prior (at latest 28 October).

i agree - submissions should be within Lit standards.

i am open to poetry - but limited in my experience with it.

Slipped my mind.

I think it should.

We need something to discuss during the chat session. We should come up with a time for the chat session. Did we decide on essentially Sunday? What time would be best for all? Use GMT since the bottom of each thread makes it easy to figure GMT out. It'll tell you GMT +/- hours and the current time.

I'm sure everyone has a piece of writing laying around to be looked at. I say someone create a single thread and we all post our individual we-wish-to-have-them-discussed pieces there. Limit of 500 words for the first round. We can change that later as it suits us.

I would like to join the group.

There is a problem that Tenyari has highlighted. Some of us have work going to other places than Lit and we cannot for contractual reasons go posting it or excerpts on Open threads. Yet it might be that we would benefit from being able to discuss that work.

Can we work out a way of having a secure circulation of stories/ excerpts to be discussed.

jon:devil:

I think that www.Blurty.com has the answer, asinine as it sounds, because you can post things there and secure it so only friends can see it. It's not totally private because people you put on what they call your friends list can see the post, but the entire world cannot see it. That should satisfy both contractual obligations and certain restrictions on content that Lit has that some others would prefer to write in. I'm not certain if Laurel & Manu would have any objections or not considering that this content would be kept private and not e-published, as it were.

Otherwise we could do an email round robin sort of thing. The problem with email is that I just can't handle certain content. I've already amply proven that I go completely off the deepend and turn into some verbose five year old when I'm confronted with this content. I don't want to offend, but I don't want to have the content either. Neither do I want other writers to wonder if it's okay to email this stuff or that stuff or not. Perhaps there's a solution in there somewhere that I can't see for some reason.

Another solution might be if someone has a webpage somewhere that they can keep private yet share the passwords with those in the group.

Any other ideas? From what I understand of vB there's really no way for Laurel to make a private forum.

roundrobin emails?
omg i'd have to open yet another email address --- i rarely delete stuff, a roundrobin 'd drive me nuts! lol

mind you, it might teach me to be a little more discerning i guess. hmm

Back