NaNoWriMo 2003

gauchecritic said:
Nice one dad.

As for the award for Lit NaNo completers, it needs something unisex, universal and meaningful. How about a 'Literotica Twat'?

Gauche

Huh? 'Twat' is 'unisex'?

I need to get out more.

Hi all, I am still here, just been busy is all. Hope everyone's fine. Wow, there's a lot of us in here now.

CrimsonMaiden said:
How old are yours? Mine are 6,3,3, and 2. I must be out of mind to try this with 3 kids ages 3 and under (and boys too!), LOL!

Dear CM, you win the prize for being "most insane" :rolleyes: mine are a lot older, 15,12,10, and 6. 3 boys and a girl.

SvenskaFlicka, shudder again, I love it when you do that !

:devil:

wildsweetone said:
Huh? 'Twat' is 'unisex'?

I need to get out more.

Ok. Imagine you're driving along, sticking to the speed limit and this time you set off on your journey with time to spare. You approach a fairly long uphill road and the bus in front changes down and can only manage 20 mph. You slow. You have plenty of time and overtaking is restricted by intermittent vehicles from the opposite direction.

As you approach the brow of the hill you see a good gap in the down traffic. Look in the mirror, change down for acceleration, check the mirror again, indicate and just as you begin turning the wheel you almost hit a ten year old Daibatsu Monstrosity labouring to overtake both you and the bus.

Regardless of the sex of the driver, which almost perfect epithet springs unbidden from your lips?

Gauche

If it doesn't now it will in future.

gauchecritic said:
Regardless of the sex of the driver, which almost perfect epithet springs unbidden from your lips?
I dunno, I alwaus tend to blurt out the most silly things. Yesterday it was "Goddamn dingbat!"

Btw, great to see Pop, Crimson and the other recent joiners get in line. Is there anyone here in the AH that is NOT going to to the NaNo self flogging in November?

/Ice

Just curious

What is the total number of Literotica members signed on to do this November bondage anyhoo? Do we have a separate list to sign? Is there a group to join? Perhaps, this humble little thread is the only angst fodder for Nanowrimo applicants?

A Ghost of a Chance

Re: Just curious

Dingus Guy said:
What is the total number of Literotica members signed on to do this November bondage anyhoo? Do we have a separate list to sign? Is there a group to join? Perhaps, this humble little thread is the only angst fodder for Nanowrimo applicants?

A Ghost of a Chance
The lovely Lou will be starting a special thread tomorrow, which should have details of us all, now numbering over twenty, I believe.

I think I'm in a fairly strong position compared to some of you parents - no kids, virtually no job (four/five hours per week teaching) and my wife's doing NaNo too! I still wonder if I'll finish.

Alex

sailorm72003 said:
Dear CM, you win the prize for being "most insane" :rolleyes: mine are a lot older, 15,12,10, and 6. 3 boys and a girl.

LOL, well, there's always naptime and after they go to bed!

The ages of ours are alot different but the genders are the same. Three boys and a girl here too.

perdita said:
I was going to do an easy plot and call it "The Men in My Life" but then decided it would take way more than 50K words and I'd be writing still on New Year's eve. ;)

I always thought of doing a history of my family (w/roots to the Aztecs) and how I ended up being born in Detroit, but did not want to do a memoir or autobio. Then my narrators came forth.

I had two maternal grandmothers (abuelitas) who were disparate in look and character. One was skeletal and meek, very pious religiously; the other fat and wild (she had 4 husbands, and only 2 of her 8 children had the same father). I'm going to have the story come from them. I will also make much fiction of it too, just elaborate with all I know of Mexican history and customs.

But after discussing this with my mentor, a lit. prof., I am choosing a pivotal scene from which to focus the history. That's it. I'm going through the story in my head all the time (been over a week now I think) and jotting down notes to recall items is all. It really is as if it's been done and I just have to take the time each day to write it down. I'm already excited about the editing to follow.

Perdita

Perdita,

I liked your comment about "The Men in My Life".
:)

It is interesting that you talk about your grandmothers being an inspiration for your novel... my grandmother just visted this past weekend, and we had a lot of one on one time that we don't often have. She actually told me a lot of things about her life that she generally does not like talking about, and even said that she wondered how one would go about writing a book about her life events! So I am pondering writing the novel based around her story, though I would have to embellish a lot because there is still a lot I don't know.

You never know where you will get your inspriation. She even said something that gave me an idea for a Lit story! (No, not about her, but something she said about Electrolux salesmen in the 50's having sex with bored housewives). :)

Overall it sounds like people are feeling a mix of excitement and fear - which is pretty much what I am feeling! Especially since it is so near.

I think we can all agree that this is pretty exciting, regardless of the outcome...
:eek:

JJ: thanks for your note. I think you've had a great plot handed to you per your gran's visit. I too will be embellishing, gladly, as both my grans inspire me simply through memory. My wild gran (I was her fave grandchild) told me all sorts of stories, including how her father threw her out of the house at 15 for being pregnant). I am also old enough to recall the door-to-door salesmen who came round my neighborhoods, plus the milk and bread men! I knew neighbor ladies who added to their household allowance by putting out for the milkman! Depending on one's 'station' it wasn't necessarily a case of being a bored housewife.

Glad you're on the 'zoo express' :)

Perdita

gauchecritic said:
Ok. Imagine you're driving along, sticking to the speed limit and this time you set off on your journey with time to spare. You approach a fairly long uphill road and the bus in front changes down and can only manage 20 mph. You slow. You have plenty of time and overtaking is restricted by intermittent vehicles from the opposite direction.

As you approach the brow of the hill you see a good gap in the down traffic. Look in the mirror, change down for acceleration, check the mirror again, indicate and just as you begin turning the wheel you almost hit a ten year old Daibatsu Monstrosity labouring to overtake both you and the bus.

Gauche

If it doesn't now it will in future.

You make a good point, Gauche. But that wasn't quite what I said this morning when I arrived at the end of a traffic queue that then took me an hour to get from A to B instead of half an hour. Twat will do perfectly for next time, thanks.

:)

Hey y'all NaNoNinnies out there, I just want to send you *hugs* and wish you all the best for achieving your own goals in November. :)

I'm meant to be able to begin tomorrow... trust me when I say there is nothing on earth worse than having a writing itch and not being able to write. hmm

Good luck everyone. :)

wildsweetone said:
... trust me when I say there is nothing on earth worse than having a writing itch and not being able to write.
Sweets, you really do need to get out more. ;)

But I get you. Perdita

Aaargh, it starts tomorrow (for me)

Raph, trying to frantically hold on to every single iota of inspiration.

Awckwckkk! Well, that's something like the word I need. I really am so on edge, nothing like it but for a first date w/Mr. Too Much, haha. This is like wedding eve jitters is all I can say (and I've been there 3x :eek: ).

Best to all of us, please let's keep in touch.

Reminder: I'm out of town Nov. 1-7, don't know if I can get online so please don't forget me or think I've abandoned NaNo.

breathing deeply, Perdita :cool: *

*that's my pretend cool

All the best to one and all, I can't believe it's November tomorrow. I sat at my computer last night unable to think of anything but NaNo. My fingers were itching to begin, and the hours were dragging by, come midnight tonight I will open up Word and begin! :D

I haven't been this excited since, um since, I can't remember when. Perdita, I can relate to the pre-wedding nerves, it does feel a bit like that, but not quite as scary. For one thing, I know this venture is going to be a success. Sorry, Ad. ;)

I'll be starting up the LitWridoNaNoWriMo support thread in a few short hours. I am so excited!

Tatelou :nana:

12 hours and 6 minutes left until I let the first key sink in.

I hath decided. It shall be the Shift-key.

/Ice

Well, at least with my crazy sleep patterns I know that I'll be able to start at the stroke of midnight ...

Raph, thankful for small mercies

Hey raphy, is the guy in your AV your main character, or just the narrator? He looks like Lestat's evil twin. Are you writing about a vampire who's into BDSM? (or is that M&M's?) :D

Get ready everyone for the stroke of midnight (or parts of the body, as your mood suits).

-FF (so today I write my one page synopsis just so I can pretend there's no holes in my plot)
ps. just teasing raphy, and I do like your AV.

Mmmmmmm

perdita said:
Awckwckkk! Well, that's something like the word I need. I really am so on edge, nothing like it but for a first date w/Mr. Too Much, haha. This is like wedding eve jitters is all I can say (and I've been there 3x :eek: ).

Best to all of us, please let's keep in touch.

Reminder: I'm out of town Nov. 1-7, don't know if I can get online so please don't forget me or think I've abandoned NaNo.

breathing deeply, Perdita :cool: *

*that's my pretend cool

You always make me breathe deeply darling:devil: and don't worry about being hot:devil: :rose:

Hmmmmm

Tatelou said:
All the best to one and all, I can't believe it's November tomorrow. I sat at my computer last night unable to think of anything but NaNo. My fingers were itching to begin, and the hours were dragging by, come midnight tonight I will open up Word and begin! :D

I haven't been this excited since, um since, I can't remember when. Perdita, I can relate to the pre-wedding nerves, it does feel a bit like that, but not quite as scary. For one thing, I know this venture is going to be a success. Sorry, Ad. ;)

I'll be starting up the LitWridoNaNoWriMo support thread in a few short hours. I am so excited!

Tatelou :nana:

If you're looking for something to do with your itchy fingered hands for a few hours love, just call:devil: :rose:

ffreak said:
Hey raphy, is the guy in your AV your main character, or just the narrator? He looks like Lestat's evil twin. Are you writing about a vampire who's into BDSM? (or is that M&M's?) :D

Get ready everyone for the stroke of midnight (or parts of the body, as your mood suits).

-FF (so today I write my one page synopsis just so I can pretend there's no holes in my plot)
ps. just teasing raphy, and I do like your AV.

Haha Eff =)

Well, bein' that it's 'allowe'en, I thought I'd get some gothy-type AVs up .. You will be returned to your regularly scheduled cowboy AV rotation from tomorrow.

That is, if I can find time to do it inbetwen furious NaNo scribblings.

Best wishes to all who are ready to embark on the NaNoWriMo challenge. Have faith in your creativity and ability. You can do it.

-Mike B.

Back