NaNoWriMo 2003

I've been reading on this thread a little here and a little there. Finally made the decision to jump in with both feet.

Count me in. <now, does someone want to tell me how I am going to write that much with 4 kids running around in the background?? LOL>

I have no title or idea yet. Guess I will be one of those doing this completely on the fly unless my brain coughs up an idea in the next two days.

User ID there is the same as the one here.

Woohoo! Welcome aboard the NaNo train, CrimsonMaiden.

As for how hard you'll find it trying to write 50,000 words in a month with four kids running around, pass. Twice as hard as me I guess, I've only got two. ;)

You'll be fine, though. In your mind, break it down into segments, and take it day by day, that way it won't seem so daunting.

Good luck with the plot.

Tatelou :rose:

(Adding another name to my table. :nana: )

Tatelou said:
(Adding another name to my table. :nana: )
Wow, that table itself will soon be ready for the NaNo word count...

Personally, I'm looking for suitable stuff to sacrifice to my muse to keep her in a generous mood all month. Do I need pinky toes?

/Ice

Ice, keep the pinkies and stay away from Stephen King's Quitters, Inc. :D

Thanks for the article, Perdita, it was a good read.

Everyone take a deep breath, we'll do fine. There's bound to be the equivalent of an erotic Pulitzer somewhere in our group. Can't wait to start reading your projects.

-FF (what do they call a prestigious prise in erotica? Maybe the phallus, or the vaginal?)

It's the inspiration bit that's worrying me. From a mathematical perspective it isn't so daunting.

50k words in a month is about 1.6k per day.
At 80 wpm, that's only 20 minutes of typing.

20 minutes of typing really isn't very much

My biggest fear is that the plot I've very basically sketched out won't stretch to 20k...

Oh, and Colly, expect a reappearance of Dev ;)

Hmmmmmmm

I too have decided to join the throng, or is it thong Lou:devil:

I make no promise to even get half done in time due to busy real life work load, (real life's shit aint it, but pays the bills I suppose), but I wiil endeavour to try.

I have the vision of a 'mature' children's story in mind, sort of X rated kids adventure story laced with ridiculous humour, cos I'm like that. All characters will of course be over legal age, well implied that way anyway. Enid Blyton with attitude sort of style maybe.

If it does get done and dusted it will be very rushed in between tax matters and business quotes, so don't expect perfection:D

I logged onto the site over there the other evening and signed up, said hello on the Oxford area thread, they've made me feel at home, I've been totally ignored, hehe!! just like Lit. 90 pc stuffed shirts.

pops............:D :rose:

CrimsonMaiden said:
I've been reading on this thread a little here and a little there. Finally made the decision to jump in with both feet.

Count me in. <now, does someone want to tell me how I am going to write that much with 4 kids running around in the background?? LOL>
...e.

Let me know if you figure it out, I have four myself and signed on a while ago.

(My wife still thinks I'm mad, she insists that it is now a proven fact.

Crazily,

Sailor

Oi

raphy said:
It's the inspiration bit that's worrying me. From a mathematical perspective it isn't so daunting.

50k words in a month is about 1.6k per day.
At 80 wpm, that's only 20 minutes of typing.

20 minutes of typing really isn't very much

My biggest fear is that the plot I've very basically sketched out won't stretch to 20k...

Oh, and Colly, expect a reappearance of Dev ;)

Stop boasting raphy, 80 WPM, bloody lucky if you get 80 an hour out of me, two fingered typist that I am, well my bloody hands were designed for handling heavy stuff and get a bit twisted up on the keyboard, tlak aboot typoo's.

ffreak said:
(what do they call a prestigious prise in erotica? Maybe the phallus, or the vaginal?)
This is a great idea. Everyone who finishes NaNo is a winner and gets a certificate to print out. How about a special name among us for all the Lit. NaNo winners?

I heard "Golden Cock" award on another board, but I'd leave that to the men; I'd want one suited for me and the other gals. Vaginal doesn't do it though. Any ideas?

Perdita

Pops, lover,

I'm soooooooooooo glad you're with us, just to be part of the gang. Your story idea sounds wonderful. Please send me bits as you go along.

I am really, really happy about this.

yours always,

Perdita :heart: :kiss: :rose:

p.s. :p

Clueless and Not in Seattle

No clue what I am doing, but I am aboard. Signed sealed and yet to deliver. Anybody wanna give me a title, subject and a few characters? Looks for his jumper cables. The red one goes on the left nipple or the right? I can't ever remember that.

Eternally Yours,
Dingus Guy

A Ghost of a Chance

Hey, Ding, judging by your post I think you'll do fine. Got the right 'tude.

Welcome!

Perdita :)

Re: Clueless and Not in Seattle

Dingus Guy said:
No clue what I am doing, but I am aboard. Signed sealed and yet to deliver. Anybody wanna give me a title, subject and a few characters? Looks for his jumper cables. The red one goes on the left nipple or the right? I can't ever remember that.

Eternally Yours,
Dingus Guy

A Ghost of a Chance

Here ya go (I'm a fountain of inspiration):

Title: Codswallop
Subject: Sexy goings on on a North Sea fishing trawler.
Characters: Captain Brian, Seaman Will and a Cod called Trevor.

I hope that helps. :D

Tatelou

Woweeeeeeeee

Svenskaflicka said:
Pop, are we talking about a Five-some?:devil:

Whatever turns you on darling, count me in:devil: :rose:

(Probaly have to alter things a little to avoid legal action from EB's lawyers, hehe!!)

Re: Re: Clueless and Not in Seattle

Tatelou said:
Here ya go (I'm a fountain of inspiration):

I hope that helps. :D

Tatelou

Hey Lou, wasn't that Seaman Staines and a big mouthed Guppy:D

Good God!!!! I rather go with scrod, but that is just me. Besides if it sells I can't be sued. Thanks Tatelou for the help. It is your post that has inspired us all. I will thank you even more if I actually get done.

Eternally,
Dingus Guy

A Ghost of A Chance

Hello lover

perdita said:
Pops, lover,

I'm soooooooooooo glad you're with us, just to be part of the gang. Your story idea sounds wonderful. Please send me bits as you go along.

I am really, really happy about this.

yours always,

Perdita :heart: :kiss: :rose:

p.s. :p

Hi darling purdy, I sure will send you something as I go to work on it:devil: :rose: and from the story.

Nice one dad.

As for the award for Lit NaNo completers, it needs something unisex, universal and meaningful. How about a 'Literotica Twat'?

Gauche

sailorm72003 said:
Let me know if you figure it out, I have four myself and signed on a while ago.

(My wife still thinks I'm mad, she insists that it is now a proven fact.

Crazily,

Sailor

How old are yours? Mine are 6,3,3, and 2. I must be out of mind to try this with 3 kids ages 3 and under (and boys too!), LOL!

CrimsonMaiden said:
How old are yours? Mine are 6,3,3, and 2. I must be out of mind to try this with 3 kids ages 3 and under (and boys too!), LOL!

*shudders at the very thought*:eek:

Back