NaPoWriMo Chat, Comments, Commiseration

Truly a great a bonne melangé. Welcome to the other 10 other poets, bards & bardesses, rhymers, free formers, lyricists, versifiers, metrists, versifiers, poetasters, and sonnetists. As a dilettante, I'll hang in as long as I can.

I wonder if this is at all related to the new covid lockdowns?

New? I've pretty much kept myself locked down since mid-March of last year. New, old, it's all the same to me :)

Whatever it is that has everyone coming around, it really is great to see so many of us writing together. :)

I was reading through the parent thread, HERE and think it would be helpful to be congratulatory on this thread if we could get you all to check in! I am grateful for all our sakes that so many poets are running the gauntlet with me.

I'll start champagne1982, 2 poems as of 2 April. (lol... it's early yet)

I'll update as we go

I’m struggling to remember
my name
the date
how many poems I’ve written
and
how many are left to write :p

I wonder why this feels so daunting

New? I've pretty much kept myself locked down since mid-March of last year. New, old, it's all the same to me :)

Whatever it is that has everyone coming around, it really is great to see so many of us writing together. :)

I wanted to burn down Parliament House when they locked down our state last year let alone being stuck with it for over 12 months

I’m struggling to remember
my name
the date
how many poems I’ve written
and
how many are left to write :p

I wonder why this feels so daunting

If you give me a discount on being freaking adorable, I'll help you keep track :D

Hey all. Good to see this turn out. I always wonder what's going to happen in challenge threads throughout the years. I will try to stick with it until all the poems are in the challenge thread.

(Ps sorry, not sorry my 30 in 30 had kicked so many poetry-type behinds. :devil: )

Missing likes or thumbs up

I so wished I could leave some sort of like/thumbs-up on so many of your poems, y’all. I need to go back and read each and every one, there are some lovely lines and turns in there.

You all set a high bar, as I well remember!

I so wished I could leave some sort of like/thumbs-up on so many of your poems, y’all. I need to go back and read each and every one, there are some lovely lines and turns in there.

You all set a high bar, as I well remember!

After reading angies piece.... I think high bar is an apt descriptive :D

I loved this line in tod's; -4/30

"where too much and not enough
collide"

What a joy to see the Pobo rocking and jiving with so much good poetry. I'm really digging the poems y'all are writing. And I had to note that Piscator wrote a Paradelle! Bravo and bravo to Calli for an excellent challenge. I stopped in around 8pm EST last night and there were 16 people here. Doesn't sound like much but for us it's very good!

As a not yet legal covaccs virgin I really found Levitating_Bed's First Time, First Hand Experience something to long for. They do practice Safer Vaxx, don't they? That question was really rubbing with me.

The Vax was safe. And gentle. And tender, so very tender.

Somebody's been reading Carl Hempel.

I'm an amateur, a dilettante! But even I know that all ravens are black. And that there exists at least one stork which is not red-legged. Sometimes, though, I'd prefer my Vienna circles to be plates covered with Vienna fingers...

Bravo and bravo to Calli for an excellent challenge. I stopped in around 8pm EST last night and there were 16 people here. Doesn't sound like much but for us it's very good!

Thank you, but I can't take much credit. It was just a lark on my part, cobbled together from other challenges, and a hope that maybe a couple of people would join in. Somehow, the stars seemed to have aligned with people dropping in, and I think seeing you, Champ, Piscator, and Todd showing interest, it made others want to come and play. I just hope everyone's having a good time, and it's been a blast seeing names (and poetry!) from folks we haven't heard from in a while. :)

My deepest sympathy for your feathered wake-up issues, Lyricalli. Someone wakes up beside with very much the same wish for noise cancelling windows, and other solutions.

Thank you :) I don't remember this particular morning greeter having visited before, and I hope he's decided to move on. I'm used to the birds being noisy most morning, but this one was a whole different kind of noisy.

Piscator, sounds like you're being tormented by noisy birds, too. :)

Last edited:
I'll start champagne1982, 2 poems as of 2 April. (lol... it's early yet)
3 poems in total, it's still early ... 3 Apr

I'll update as we go

I thought keeping track wasn't a bad idea, so I've added a list of who's joined the thread and what number poem they're on to the first post of the poems thread. I'll try to remember to update it every day. That way, there's a single reference point for who's where, if someone's interested or loses track of themselves. :)

Speaking of which, Todd, you've numbered your last one 2 instead of 5. ;)

I thought keeping track wasn't a bad idea, so I've added a list of who's joined the thread and what number poem they're on to the first post of the poems thread. I'll try to remember to update it every day. That way, there's a single reference point for who's where, if someone's interested or loses track of themselves. :)

Speaking of which, Todd, you've numbered your last one 2 instead of 5. ;)

damn, now I really owe you the 50% discount :p

thanks for the catch, I've fixed it now.

Just checking in to say, it’s a real joy reading you guys. Thanks for coming on this dirty sweaty bus ride through the poetry savanna with me!

Damn, a veritable cascade of gems, but can somebody turn on the lights or open the blinds to the beautiful spring day outside, at least in my part of the world.:):)

Writing poetry is cathartic, I forgot that. I've been sooo exhausted, both pissed off and heartbroken for over a year because of Covid-19 as a caregiver. Day 1 of NaPoWriMo starts out angry and quickly takes me back to me. The psychological relief is lancing and draining poison. Unfortunately, the poison may very well be some shitty poems!

oh, neat. just realized there are undo/redo buttons. wish I noticed before, would've saved me from rewriting what my damn cat deleted when she walked across my keyboard!

Back