NaPoWriMo Chat, Comments, Commiseration

I wondered if I might be the right sort of person. You did get me to read it, and I can say I understand why you'd want to make people read it. So, thanks for that. And I liked your poem, too. :)

Damn you for beating me to it!

The poem had a familiar feel to me in regard to pieces Harry used to write to Smithpeter a former poet here, that same sort of apologetic, call and looking into the night.

Last edited:
Seeing you lot chattering away in this thread is all the poetry I could ever need.
:heart:

A few comments

Tods
1/30
Strong right out of the gate, buddy! Love the comparison established in the first and second strophes. Maybe "prettiness" for "pettiness." Just a thought.:cool: Lovely, strong ending!

Calli
1/30
Your writer's voice has, imo, a directness that infuses your writes with a feeling of authenticity. And I love the unexpected twist at the end.

2/30
Also really strong with no wasted words and an end line that puts the whole poem in perspective.

Mer
1/30
Brought tears to my eyes. I miss Annie. Your writing is warm and loving here and wistful. I hope you come back for more. :heart:

Champ 1/30
Not a proper sonnet doesn't matter in the face of your heartfelt homage. Of course I know you can write any form but what is foremost here is the friendship and love. :heart:

Tzara 2/30
Excellent erotic poem (hey it inspired me to write one so thanks!). I like that it's all the imaginings of the narrator and its sweet, faithful ending.

Neo 3/30
Love this for its strong narrative and imagery and the way the ending extrapolates beyond the nest. That widens the whole perspective.

Snow 3/30
Love the narrative here too and the way it reveals the narrator as the poem progresses. Put me in mind of Robert Browning's dramatic monologues.

That's all I can handle for now. There are more poems I want to comment on, just say why I like them. I'll be back. Thank you all for your poems and for making the forum so exciting each day!

Tods
<snip> Thank you all for your poems and for making the forum so exciting each day!
Can I just say thank you, too? You are an amazing group of writers and poets which gives poems every day. While all may not be showstoppers, all are pure pleasure to read.

and Ange, Not A Proper Sonnet may be the title I should use on that poem. Thank you.

PS: I have yet to write an Annikey or an Onegin Stanza. The complicated scheme in one and the complicated meter in the other seem to fail me. I will practice, practice, practice though. Maybe success is just a poem away.

Calli
1/30
Your writer's voice has, imo, a directness that infuses your writes with a feeling of authenticity. And I love the unexpected twist at the end.

2/30
Also really strong with no wasted words and an end line that puts the whole poem in perspective.

Thank you! I so appreciate your thoughts on my pieces, and on the others you mentioned. It got me to go back and read them. :)

and Ange, Not A Proper Sonnet may be the title I should use on that poem. Thank you.

I really like that as the title.

What an emotional outdoors-y one, Lyricalli.
For intermittent illustrative purposes:

attachment.php

Thank you :)

I didn't know when I was looking out my front window yesterday afternoon that I'd be writing about the azaleas last night. I took a picture of them today. Currently, just the pink and red ones are in bloom.

attachment.php

Colour me jealous. Coltsfoot, hepatica are out in the woods and snowdrops and some crocus in our garden but as usual you are way ahead of me - at least weather wise.:p

Colour me jealous. Coltsfoot, hepatica are out in the woods and snowdrops and some crocus in our garden but as usual you are way ahead of me - at least weather wise.:p

Maybe only weather wise :D

I don't have much for spring in the yard, just some daffodils and the azaleas. The daffodils come first, but the azaleas are what feel like spring to me. :)

REMEC where are you??

Mer, What happened??

Come on guys where’s the poemies?

Oh my friends! You have brought the erotica back to Literotica in full measure. Things are gettin' steamy in the Napowrimo poems thread. I'd like to thank my boy muses, Tzed and Neo for a couple of my prompts and did I mention that you are all fogging my glasses. Neo! They're heating things up to melt yours, I'm sure.

I love your work my poemie friends and I whisper a prayer to our pobo angel in the hopes that she's enjoying our stuff. :kiss::heart::devil:

Some have gotten to 10, or likely will today, so well done to everyone who's 1/3 of the way through!

A note to those who aren't: Remember, this is a dirty NaPo (in more ways than one lately :devil:), and if you haven't done one a day, or if you're not sure you can make it to 30, feel free to come play with us and see what happens. We want you back! :)

Catching up with the last day and a half or so of poems, and goodness is it an emotional rollercoaster. Don't know whether to laugh, cry, or come. If I were feeling really ambitious, I suppose I could try all three at once. :D

Angie, I think your pentina was so good. For me, the form receded and did its duty, and the poem moved me.

Angie, I think your pentina was so good. For me, the form receded and did its duty, and the poem moved me.

Wow Calli, thank you! That type of form (like its sister form, the sestina) is so hard for me to write. I get all tangled up in the repetitions till I can't tell what the hell I'm on about! If it worked for you I did something right! Maybe our guardian angel Annie was looking over my shoulder. :heart:

I really appreciate the feedback. :rose::rose::rose:

Angeline your latest was so sweet and tender as to make me have blurry vision at the end!

Real humanity on the page

Angeline your latest was so sweet and tender as to make me have blurry vision at the end!

Real humanity on the page

Thank you tods. I love your proposal poem, love seeing the tender heart inside the driven man. I'd make that guy pancakes! :heart:

Back