New Author Profiles BETA Feedback Request

Um, is there a subject we can't have expanded discussions on? I hope not. I love how we get to the bone of the matter and keep on picking. However, all the points are good ones but I'm satisfied with what's been done so far. How's that for saying nothing in as many words as possible and not offending anyone in the process?

Um, is there a subject we can't have expanded discussions on? I hope not. I love how we get to the bone of the matter and keep on picking. However, all the points are good ones but I'm satisfied with what's been done so far. How's that for saying nothing in as many words as possible and not offending anyone in the process?
You conformist!

As an alternative to the manual sort idea that some have raised, what about adding space for two or three 'featured' stories on the 'about the author page' instead? I get that some folks might like the ability to order all of their 50-odd stories in a particular way, but I think most are just looking to highlight a few of their best at the top of the default list. Giving the author 'ad space' for a few such offerings on their biography would possibly be even better in terms of making them stand out from the crowd, so to speak, and it would look a little neater or cleaner than pasting hyperlinks there to do the same.

The "Author Stats" table on the "About" Page has a box for "My Comments." It would be great if clicking on that box would let you see the author's comments. Now we can see our own comments on our own Control Panel, but we can't readily see anybody else's. Making author's comments publicly available in this way might encourage more responsible commenting,

I think that would have the opposite effect and encourage more anon comments.

We're getting close to releasing the public BETA of the new Literotica Author Profiles.

If you'd like to have a look at your new Author Profile, please check the following URL:
literotica.com/authors/YourUsernameHere

I have "hide age" set on my control panel yet it's showing an age on this new panel.

1. Looks somewhat nicer.

1. Stories take up much more space now so it is harder to go through the stories of authors who have plenty of them, especially if they are mostly standalone stories. The number of stories that fit into our visual field is much lower now.
Both of these are true, but generally that's the cost of making things nicer. The page is less efficient than that HTML4.0 style page. It seems to group series together as one story; it would be great if you could keep clicking "next" to read through a whole series.

I like the look.

I agree with the comment that the number of stories visible on-screen is too low. I also agree with the thoughts re tags.

Looking at my own page, the only ways I can see to arrange the stories is either by date or alphabetically. I rather like the present options of being able to arrange them by rating or by comments (or is this only on our own dashboards?).

Still no word count nor tags list under story titles. :/

And my bio field doesn't display right neither. Gotta say big thumbs down. (n)

Still no word count nor tags list under story titles. :/

And my bio field doesn't display right neither. Gotta say big thumbs down. (n)
Patience, my dear. These things take time. This is a complex site managing lots of data not the McDonalds drive through. 🤭

At the bottom of the last page of each story in a series, there is a next button that will take you to the next story.
I did not see this -- it may be browser-specific, or I may have missed it -- but if you CTRL-F "read more of this series" it lists other chapters on the right column of the screen.

Didn't know there was already a thread open regarding this so I shared my concern in my own thread.

Thing is I have over 3600 stories in my favorites and the "favorite stories" section in the old design loaded the entire page at once making it extremely easy to find a story with Ctrl+F and a keyword or description I remember since I do forget a few of the author and story name sometimes. But this new author page only loads about 50 stories at once and I have to click "Show more" over and over again.

I wouldn't mind this redesign if atleast there was a way to load the entire favorite list at once. But as of now atleast to me this redesign is way less functional than the old one.

I like the look, better than the original now. It has a more professional look to it, I can't wait for this to come out.

Didn't know there was already a thread open regarding this so I shared my concern in my own thread.

Thing is I have over 3600 stories in my favorites and the "favorite stories" section in the old design loaded the entire page at once making it extremely easy to find a story with Ctrl+F and a keyword or description I remember since I do forget a few of the author and story name sometimes. But this new author page only loads about 50 stories at once and I have to click "Show more" over and over again.

I wouldn't mind this redesign if atleast there was a way to load the entire favorite list at once. But as of now atleast to me this redesign is way less functional than the old one.
Use your control panel instead of the author profile page. It has built-in search.

https://literotica.com/my/#/lists/favorite-stories

It doesn't just search the titles, it looks at description as well.

Use your control panel instead of the author profile page. It has built-in search.

https://literotica.com/my/#/lists/favorite-stories
Works for your own favorite stories but doesn't help me when someone follows me, and I go check out their favorites hoping they've found some good stuff Relevant to my interests, and I get smacked in the face with 3k stories apparently now paginated over 25 pages

We got a lot of feedback during the private BETA, and I'm looking forward to hearing more feedback now that everyone can see what we've been working on.

- I like the looks, I love the fact that the series are included in the story list in an expandable/contractable fashion

--- is there a chance we can choose a different piece of artwork for the headline?

--- Is there going to be an option for a darker mode like in the forum?

I guess my only concern will be that the https://www.literotica.com/my/#/activity/all page doesn't get removed.

Yes this is the worst aspect. I don't even use my control panel favorites list, I hate it so much. I always go to my profile for the full list. I don't want to search for a word, I want to scan through the whole list easily. If this option goes away I think lots of readers, as well, will probably dislike the change.

Back