new poems

Re:prose poem prolix

Whether it belongs here or not, that's one awesome work. It is so incredibly steeped in dark, cold grey, I can feel the chill here in North Carolina.
Love and enjoy your work. Thanks,jc

Done at last, finally...

I think my review ends the long weekend without poetry to which my part arrived early with the help of SeattleRain :rose:

And what great words we were missing too...

~ ~ ~

tungtied2u tops my Sunday's review with a few excellent pieces, Love's Lie, Poetry, and more notably, Rough start This is a wide-open, strong, and effectual piece--very raw.
There was no post coital bliss
Love had waited outside the room
We rose in a stupor, off balance
Like two shell shocked survivors
After an artillery strike
Comradship only through suffering and confusion

~ ~ ~

New poet, hippiedude breathes a new voice at Lit with Vagrant Womb, Denver's Beat Poetry DrivingTour, and Night Time Comes To Tell -- I enjoyed whistfulness in this latter piece.
night time comes to tell
ghostly freight train lies
stretched for miles on
high and waterless plains
singing muted melodies
compressed in the bell
stymied like a nagging
smoke strained cough

~ ~ ~

annaswirls shares with us three awesome writes, pushing dimension, and so easy, where she gets tangled up in REM :devil:
pre-dawn dream

bare legs tangled in cool sheets
twist and arch for pressure between

try to drift back into dreams
where sheets become arms
and you become real

And miss Anna people watches in Dupont Cowboys, to which she shows us that everyone and everything around is a poem (Psst don't ignore the boots)
Dupont cowboys
are the only cowboys
who shop at Macy's

"Woodley park and the Zoo"
metro bell sounds

his weight shifts on
block heel boots with
concrete worn soul

~ ~ ~

basilisk submits a few poems to Lit today, but Bridge caught my eye as this is a highly interesting piece with some "wicked" sharp imagery, which was the most enjoyed read of the day.
-stood splay footed in the rain,
under the rain,
in pointed toed boots that
Shined,
like his teeth-
Not graceful razors,
Nothing so kind
No.
Brutal.
like lawn mower blades
and that same shade of Green.

~ ~ ~

WickedEve shares southern blessings which is a reminder of my fair share of licks from southern women.
we southern women bless hearts.

poor, plain, painfully
thin, no man,
bless her heart.

we gather like
pollen,
fertile tongues,

never cruel
when we bless a heart.

~ ~ ~

Scott X submits a glowing, eerie SciFi image in Alien Symmetry

~ ~ ~

Uncle Pervey shares a new side of him that isn't erotic side, with Kitten's Are Sweet!

~ ~ ~

That's it poets, my humble reviews and picks of the day. Go out there to the New Poems list and find some for yourself. Read, comment, vote, and enjoy... support your own ;)

- neo

Last edited by a moderator:
neonurotic said:
Done at last, finally...

I think my review ends the long weekend without poetry to which my part arrived early with the help of SeattleRain :rose:

And what great words we were missing too...

~ ~ ~

tungtied2u tops my Sunday's review with a few excellent pieces, Love's Lie, Poetry, and more notably, Rough start This is a wide-open, strong, and effectual piece--very raw.

- neo
[/B]

Wow! Top of the list and 3 mentions. Thanks very much neo, and everyone of the other poets here who have been such a help an inspiration (I'm not naming names, but you know who you are!)
Hugs and kisses all around!:rose: :kiss: :cool:

perks said:
Coffee Break Fuck Poem by Liar
okay, this is a poem that reads the way I love a poem to be. It's all slick cerebral slam, the way poetry was meant to be. Makes me want a real job... all of a sudden. Reminds me of the days of Icingsugar and denis hale, however his voice is a little less blow your brains out and a bit more subtle. It's an intelligent piece that creeps into your mind and slips down a bit further and toys with your southern bits.
The thread has moved so fast these last few days, that I almost missed your post. I'm glad I went back to see what whooshed past - you do great reviews. Thank you for the mention, really appriciated. :rose:

#L

NEW POEMS 14th

I'm covering reviews for the 14th for jthserra. I will post them later today. Right now I'm on my way to get an MRI (or is it MIR) on my knee--from car accident. No biggie, so I'll be back later and read and review.

Kisses everyone

perks said:

Shapeshifter by tathagata
dude, you know you used "hidden desires" as the first line of your poem, right? k, just checking. That put a reaaaaally bad taste in my mouth, but since I read you last time and liked it, I decided to read on. Not a bad poem. Some great thoughts and imagery, but nothing that really made me want to shift my shape at all, ya know what I'm sayin? Really, I might have to tease you about the whole "hidden desires" thing for a long long time. PS. do not read any of my poems, or you'll have tons of fodder with which to torment me too. Heh. Next time, sugah. I have faith in you. I've seen your really good stuff.

ya know........I never even saw that till you mentioned it
Jesus
why doesn't someone tell me these things?
Ok sorry and thanks for sticking with me
next time will be better........I Hope
anyway as always thanks for your time, suggestions, and mention
:kiss: :rose:

This is from this thread's first post.

Unregistered smithpeter:
new poems
I hereby declare The New Poems List thread officially defunct and lacking any purpose besides being a place to slam like a really, really sluggish chat room for mature adults often lacking maturity.
I have no authority.
I yam whom I yam.

Hence, a thread about new poems at Literotica. Not a unique idea.

a bit of random humor, "if you would like to make a call, please hang up"

-----------------

Threads die, but we now have a new poems thread to replace the old poems thread that replaced the one before that. It's the circle of thread life.
Right now, the new thread is lean and clean. But it will one day look like it's fat daddy here. ;)

old thread poem

good bye, old new poems
thread, yes I will miss you
but you aren't dead, you languish

here I lost my virginity,in a
manner of speaking, the new
thread is nice, but your comfort
is what I'm seeking

wise old words of friends who've past
on to that bigger thread, in the great
blue sky, be well old friend,
you gave me my start,I will come and visit
but you'll remain in my heart
:rose:

bye 4 now :)

This was a warm and friendly thread

there was plenty about new poems but inevitably the poems themselves sparked conversation, fun and banter--and long may it reign - people need a place to go with their morning coffee where they aen't toally hemmed in by Roberts Rules of Order

The furniture in here is old and comfy - those comfy leather sofas and armchairs round the fire - the leather long worn soft from the crush and press and squirm of bodies

and the old oaken table by the window--with the straightback chairs for those who wished to put the dangerous ends of their quills to parchment

and eve sitting on the deep windowsill, the sun glinting off her mischievous eyes--plucking the petals of a daisy--chanting

horseman
viking
horseman
viking

and tatha - laconic - a quiet figure in the corner--sipping his coffee and pronouncing one-liners on the state of the world

yeah--maybe we can form a rump group to keep this thread alive--there are no more cops to control it - it can be the out of control thread

Carl

(fighting to stay in control of himself)

Re: This was a warm and friendly thread

JCSTREET said:
there was plenty about new poems but inevitably the poems themselves sparked conversation, fun and banter--and long may it reign - people need a place to go with their morning coffee where they aen't toally hemmed in by Roberts Rules of Order

The furniture in here is old and comfy - those comfy leather sofas and armchairs round the fire - the leather long worn soft from the crush and press and squirm of bodies

and the old oaken table by the window--with the straightback chairs for those who wished to put the dangerous ends of their quills to parchment

and eve sitting on the deep windowsill, the sun glinting off her mischievous eyes--plucking the petals of a daisy--chanting

horseman
viking
horseman
viking

and tatha - laconic - a quiet figure in the corner--sipping his coffee and pronouncing one-liners on the state of the world

yeah--maybe we can form a rump group to keep this thread alive--there are no more cops to control it - it can be the out of control thread

Carl

(fighting to stay in control of himself)

A Poetry Playground , then? Brilliant idea. I need a place to hang out and spank Tath when he's bad.

Syn :kiss:

Re: Re: This was a warm and friendly thread

Syndra Lynn said:
I need a place to hang out and spank Tath when he's bad.

I guess you won't be leaving for a loonng long time...want me to bring refreshments to keep your energy up? :devil: :heart:

Re: Re: Re: This was a warm and friendly thread

echoes_s said:
I guess you won't be leaving for a loonng long time...want me to bring refreshments to keep your energy up? :devil: :heart:
can i just sit quietly in the corner and watch???;) :D :kiss:

Syndra Lynn said:
A Poetry Playground , then? Brilliant idea. I need a place to hang out and spank Tath when he's bad.

bet he breathed a sigh of------uh-----"relief" when he read that

reply to echoes and fawnie

yes please and quite certainly

And E-bring the girl in the AV. I think she's been bad, too.

Syndra Lynn said:

rebels??
just a week ago i was getting spanked for idle chit chat..now i can have idle chit chat about getting spanked!!:D :devil:

Spankings required-clothing optional

the old new poems thread is bust
and now the poets have run amuck
spankings required if ya wanna come in
double for Tath cause a how BAD he's been:D

Re: reply to echoes and fawnie

Syndra Lynn said:
yes please and quite certainly

And E-bring the girl in the AV. I think she's been bad, too.

lol, you know me too well :cool: :heart:

Re: Spankings required-clothing optional

Syndra Lynn said:
the old new poems thread is bust
and now the poets have run amuck
spankings required if ya wanna come in
double for Tath cause a how BAD he's been:D

~strips naked and sneaks off into the corner~:D :p

People, you can keep this thread and talk about poems, whatever. Forget the new thread. Whatever makes y'all happy.

WickedEve said:
People, you can keep this thread and talk about poems, whatever. Forget the new thread. Whatever makes y'all happy.

I love the new thread Eve. I was so TIRED of trying to find the reviews!:confused: :mad: :eek:

But we also need a place to play naked and called dibs on this thread.:D

WickedEve said:
eve dahlingg..u must want spanked..new rule i'm sure you noticed!

can i have the pleasure? after all it was you spanking me for the idle chit chat!! lolol
or was it..maybe just an excuse?:devil: :devil:
haha ok i feel like a baddy now, i'm flirting with the straight girl, or the devil..or both!:D :devil: :kiss:

Why don't we let this thread Rest in Its much deserved Peace and go get naked to the Poetry Chit Chat thread? :eek:

Lauren Hynde said:
Why don't we let this thread Rest in Its much deserved Peace and go get naked to the Poetry Chit Chat thread? :eek:

we're at perfect liberty to do both

this is like finding an abandoned house and being at liberty to do anything we want in it

but that doesn't stop us also having sex in other people's houses

infinite choice is the hallmark of the perfect market economy

Back